Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If Glenn is alive, I'm not going to watch anymore.

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Alan, Oct 27, 2015.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of miraculous survivals through deus ex machina at all, but really, TWD has committed far worse crimes, in my eyes.

2. limitedtime

limitedtime New Member

3. JPG119

JPG119 Member

The walkers that killed the red shirts are silent assassins, it is known.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'll keep watching too, but I'll be disappointed with them going this route. I know what you're saying about giving shows some slack. We all do, but the Glenn situation is a lot different than just the fact that Rick, Daryl, Michonne etc have survived so far. If Glenn makes it then it's possible the Governor survived too. It just crosses the line of realism a bit too much for many.

This happened to me with the show Dexter. Early seasons were great and then it became implausible. I did keep watching that one too, but by the final season fans were just ridiculing it. We're not anywhere near that yet with TWD, but when people have been burned with other shows the tolerance level can decrease a bit. So I can understand why someone would bail. I'm too invested in the whole franchise though to do that. I'll be watching until the end.

5. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

Lump me in with you, girl frannnnn

6. lis5112

Great comparison ...Dexter! My face at watching the finale (seriously)

[​IMG]

7. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

I agree the writers will get the feedback as well that the fans are not happy about the way this went down. They'll realize the fans of TWD demand more of their show and parlar tricks like a camera angle cliff hanger don't cut it.

LOL I felt the same way about Dexter that show went from very interesting to laughably absurd.

No way I stop watching over this but if Glenn is alive I will certainly look at the show a different way. If this kind of writing becomes the norm then to me TWD will be just like any other show and there are lots of other "any other shows" out there that I don't need a cable subscription to keep up on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

It's hard to pick the worst moment in the Dexter finale. There are so many in close contention. But my favorite had to be when he removed Deb's body from the hospital without anyone stopping him and then brought her to the "hospital boat dock," got on his boat and rode out into the hurricane.

9. Stealth

Yeah, that's a good way to sum it up, that some of us will look at the show in a different way if Glenn survives. What makes it even more disappointing for me is that I really liked the way this season started out and if this goes through it's sort of a creative bait and switch. Too bad.

10. lis5112

Yeah ... that was pretty much my huge WTF moment too. Like, you love your sister, she was the one constant thing in your life, so hey, dump her body with all the pieces of shit you murdered ...way to respect, Dex! And hey, it's always a good idea to take your son, whom you wanted to have a better life, and leave him with a serial killer (no offense to Yvonne), instead of with his maternal grandparents, so he can be with his siblings. And seeing him in the end, well ....I have no words. None.

11. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

This is the example I used too. Only I used it to show that as the most impossible "save" of any character not being comparable in any way to the situation Glenn is in. Tyreese was on an open road, standing up with 8-10 dead. Glenn is in a dead end, on the ground, with 10s of thousands of dead bearing down on him. And no reasonable means for escape.

12. Stealth

They should've just had him die at the end. Having him sitting in that cabin as Lumberjack Dexter, was just the final stab at the fans. How stupid.

13. lis5112

I thought I read somewhere that they purposely left that ambiguous because they were considering a spin-off? Don't quote me on that.

14. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Stealth

I remember reading something similar. I believe Showtime wanted him alive for a potential spin-off. The backlash of the fans was so great though that it pretty much ended any possibility of that.

16. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Is it my imagination or do fans want Glen alive but do not mind if he died the way he did in the comics.

17. Walker Caravan

Just have something loud happen and they'll turn around and walk off towards it and leave him alone.
    The way I understand the rules of TWD world, they should all just go straight towards and stand in fire until they're ash, but they don't. So I could be fine with a loud noise saving him.