Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If Negan gets killed off this episode than I am in. If not than poo.

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by lastcat3, Dec 1, 2017.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Not happening lol.

I'm liking Negan less and less and really hope the show just moves on from him soon, but with his comic popularity and JDM, it's just not happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

See bold parts...

Oh, no, no Lonut. You were 100% on point until that, which is where my heart sunk a bit. "He keeps" "sexual recreation"... come on. Being forced into marriage by threat of a loved one being killed is nothing short of force, not just coercion (which also isn't choice) and that's objectively and legally what makes it impossible to actually consent. With or without a ZA, it's the same application. Any form of hostage-taking can be made to look "normal" or titled properly "wives", but in any form, people over a barrel can't say yes any more than those "brides" can once they're stuck.

Jadis was also predatory in her come-on. As for "Humans like to ***" Yes. That's true. But the people you are describing are not justified remotely by that motive. People liking to f*** in general, need to know the other person wants to as well. If not, they're, well... sex criminals, rapists... ZA traffickers. Take your pick. It's pretty easy to distinguish when shown on screen, so I'm surprised to hear you lump these two glaring psychos doing the latter, with humans in general liking to shag.

It's a rather scary reminder to the non-ZA female Me, that a non-ZA male (plural presumably) can consciously or subconsciously view sex and rape (that isn't violent > Negan) as all the same, e.g. people liking to ****. Ouch. Literally. This is hurting my brain, soul... and already bleak faith in humanity.

Still, you (or any fan) can like a fictional character if they want, even a non-violent rapist like Negan, but dismissing or minimizing the straightforward existence of a sex slave harem is a bit mind-boggling having seen it come to pass on screen. Yet, I agreed with the rest of your post so strongly in the opposite direction that I had to detail my reply, so I wouldn't have to click "disagree" or "agree".

By the way, long time, no talk. Yes, at this moment, I do want to rocket launch a few walkers at you, but I'm still glad to read the rest of your posts, saying what I think, so I don't have to... basically on Negan, the writing and how TWD has gone down "The Room" road, getting more entertainingly dumb that it's pretty much the only reason I'm watching. (sigh) Anyway...

[​IMG]

#22 AnnieOakley, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

But see the qualifier here in comparison to ordinary rank and file is that Michonne is not ordinary. Michonne is highly intelligent and extremely good at reading others, is a hardened survivor/fighter and is a no BS personality.

Michonne is unique. I would not expect people from the vantage point of surviving in Woodbury from the start -- or even being picked up desperate outside -- to have the point of view that a hardened lone survivor like Michonne would have had. Even other smart characters and so on.

I agree that Negan's rise is very plausible and people like him would happen.

I disagree that the Governor's characterization and portrayal in the show was implausible that people would follow him.

In fact, I'd say Negan is far more likely to get power and control as the apocalypse wore on and surviving humans were already adapted to the brutality of this new reality and that The Governor would be more likely to rally people in the earlier phases.

The Governor's rise and fall was one of the most potent character developments in the show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

My statements were misunderstood.

I was explaining how people in power were going to be predatory regardless of male/female/whatever(the context of the statement opposing the idea that Negan is an example of "toxic masculinity" as a character) -- that's what I meant by "humans like to ****" -- not stating that Negan's coercing of females that he finds attractive is in anyway justified by sexual urges or his position.

Contextually as well, we're talking about a character that I have branded a "brutal dictator" and "violent psychopath". I highlighted Negan and Jadis -- two evil charismatic pieces of shit that manipulate and lead people and said "humans like to ****" in the context that these evil people aren't going to allow their desires to remain unfulfilled at the expense of others.

What I was indicating was an overall human fallibility issue, rather than a gender fallibility issue --

Whether we like it or not -- in a chaotic shitshow like the ZA -- people of all different flavors are going to misbehave horribly and exploit one another.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Never underestimate the power of V

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It's interesting that you are saying this while Trump currently holds the title of President of the US.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1