Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If shane was still alive

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by Walker3895, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

If shane was still alive how do you think the series (up to this point) would be different. In a hypothetical situation where maybe Shane's plan to kill rick worked out and nobody suspected him of murder how would everything be different?

Who might have survived that didnt?
    Who might have died earlier than they did?
    How long would the group last?
    Would the group stick together through everything?
    Etc. Etc.

2. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

No one in the group would have supported him except possibly Andrea. Daryl already knew the truth, and pretty much everyone in the group were at odds with him, especially Hershel. They would have either killed Shane, or just left. Plus, you have to consider Shane's mental state at the time. He was already going crazy, and killing Rick would have destroyed him in my opinion, that's why he couldn't shoot Rick when he had the chance.

3. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

So do you think he would have just killed himself after killing rick?

4. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I think most of the group would've died escaping the farm and during their 8 months on the road between seasons. You can't say nobody suspects him. It'd be totally out of character and unrealistic.

Carl would've gotten scared when he saw Shane standing over Rick and ran off, getting lost or killed.
    Lets say Shane would've thought of the barn fire to save his, and most of the rest of the group's lives. But that means Jimmy died.
    Shane wouldn't have saved Hershel, most likely yelling at him, and then leaving him behind when he didnt listen right away.

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say that everyone else got out the same way. Patricia would die the same.
    So Andrea is lost and meeting Michonne.

Meeting on the road is:
    Shane
    Lori (pregnant)
    Daryl
    Carol
    Glenn
    Maggie
    T-Dog
    Beth

Out of this group, Lori was already wavering back and forth over whether or not Shane was a threat, and now Shane is saying he just saw Rick, Carl, and Hershel die. Daryl know Shane killed Rick, and now he suspects him of killing the other two. The group splits right here. Carol goes with Daryl. I think Maggie would blame Shane and not trust him, so she goes with Daryl. Glenn of course goes with her, and with Hershel dead, Beth does too. T- Dog sees the writing on the wall and makes the smart move, joining team Daryl. Lori stays with Shane out of fear and distress. She's the only one in the group he really cares about at this point, so he doesn't care. Lori probably would've died during childbirth months before she was due, and Judith would've likely died, leaving Shane alon to committ suicide as he pondered his sins.

I don't know how long Daryl's group would survive. They wouldn't have taken the prison though. When Daryl first saw it, he said it was a shame. He never would've said to take it. That was all Rick's idea.

#4 TheGreatOnion, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  5. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

If Lori turned on him and wanted to go with the rest of the group instead of staying, maybe. Still, I see Shane not taking no for an answer and having to be killed by someone in the group, possibly Daryl. Shane had all the tools to survive, but he was his own downfall.

6. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Right after Lori shagged Abraham Ford.

7. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

That was awesome...you should think about being a writer...thanks for the creativity

8. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

This ones a lot harder to answer because it was a longer time ago but what if rick actually did die in the coma and shane was the leader from the start? They would have ended up going to fort benning but what would have happened for the group? (Assuming geography doesnt matter ex: they still ended up on the farm, at the prison and woodbury was still near by)

9. Adam_Up_Bxtch

Adam_Up_Bxtch Member

Daryl and Glenn knew that Randall was dead, they just killed him so even if Shane had killed Rick, Shane says to Rick that his excuse would be that Randall drew on them and killed Rick and Shane killed Randall, which would be the biggest lie ever since Daryl and Glenn split up from Shane and Rick and they were the ones that found Randall as a walker, so if Shane came back with that bogus story Daryl and Glenn would know what really happened. And also since Carl would of witnessed Shane killing Rick or at least seen him standing over his body. Carl would know the truth too so in retrospect Shane would of been screwed had he killed Rick because of the things I just mentioned.....

10. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

True...good points...but what do you think about if rick really did die in the coma how would the group have done with shane as the leader from the start?

11. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Shane would die most likely. He would want to take every situation involving other people too fast and just get himself killed. Imagine what would happen if he was in the meeting instead of Rick with the Gov in 3x13, I bet he'd just shoot the Gov then cause a shootout outside thus getting his people killed.​

12. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

I think that would have ultimately been a good thing because a lot more people ended up getting killed as a result of the governor surviving than if there was a shoot out that episode. Worst case scenario if there was a shoot out shane, hershel and/or daryl would have died rather than everyone the governor killed since that episode.

13. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

What if he was still alive?

Well, he'd probably be wandering the country side alone somewhere with a big ass dirty beard and bottle of cheap ass liquor repeating something akin to "I did what needed to be done. Me. Me! ME!" like some crazy ass homeless drunk.

His separation from the group would've happened quick. I don't think his lies and actions would've been tolerated long.

14. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

Hahaha that quote really does sound like something he would say

15. Kimmy Plescia

Kimmy Plescia Member

He'd wanna take out the governor and take control of Woodburry immediately. Rick would argue with him and try to make peace. Then he'd end up getting himself and half of the characters killed because of his stupidity. He would have died a long, long time ago. He might have even gotten himself killed in the season 2 finale. Even if Rick didn't kill him. There was pretty much no hope for Shane. I did like his character though

16. AliceInAlderaan

Wasn't Martinez the only muscle The Governor had? Unless he had people watching in the trees. He probably did.. I can't really remember. So let's say the it's Shane, Hershel and Daryl going to me The Governor. When they get there we only see Milton and Martinez. Shane shoots The Governor a few minutes after they initiate a convo in the barn. Martinez hearing the shot begins shooting, he hits Hershel. Daryl is able to kill Martinez pretty quickly. Milton pleads for his life but Shane walks out and shoots him. Andrea shows up shocked at seeing Hershel, Martinez, Milton and The Governor all lying in their own blood. Shane and Andrea have a convo and Andrea decides to go back to Woodbury and become their leader. The Prison and Woodbury are at peace. :p my little fantasy.

17. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Idk you're prolly right I mean their trump card was Shumpert which we still don't know to this day what his black magic powers were.

18. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

I think it depends on how Rick handled him. He was out of control already. Could he have really gotten better? Absolutely not...he was a danger to himself and others. He would have died no matter what. He might have taken the Gov with him though. He always did what Rick was to afraid to do. That was good and bad at the same time. To bad we'll never know.

19. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

Exactly and everybody the governor ever killed after that episode would have survived (except hershel because you said martinez killed him)

20. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

I wish they would make 2 versions of the show starting from the episode where shane died(the version we saw and the version where shane won the fight)