Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If you could have redone Dale's death.......

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by Zansurai, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

I personally think that Dale's death was cheesy and rushed.
    Anyway, my question is if you could have redone the way Dale met his demise, how would you go about it? And for those who thought the way Dale died was done very well. I want to here your take on this as well.

(*Note: You can't stop him from dying, only how he died.)

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It would have to involve a different storyline and characters, but I wish he could have gone out the way he does in the comics.

If I were to change his death within the framework we see in the show, I probably would have held onto his character until the farm is swarmed and have him go down with the RV.

3. john1021

john1021 Member

I don't know how I'd wrap the story around this, but...

I'd have Dale survive until the last episode of Season 2, and then have him go out in a blaze of glory with the RV.
    Maybe have him drive the RV down into the herd of walkers coming out of the woods...and the RV is filled with dynamite. BOOM!

4. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Oooohhh...SWEET! That's how he should have gone out! Dale & the RV were as one! Cool idea!!

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Personally, I feel TV fans are being robbed a very cool death/story for Dale by killing him off now.

Unfortinately, Dale's early death was the direct result from Jeffery DeMunn, the actor who playes Dale.

6. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

It's sad.... If I had my way......
    Shane releases the prisoner before the execution could take place. The prisoner attacks Dale, and steals his gun, then mortally injures him( This would have been more symbolic for Dale being against executing Randall, atleast for me.) And the walker that Carl freed in the swamp finds Randal and scratches him. Then Randal runs into the woods and Rick, Shane, Daryl, and Glenn go after him and eventually Glen and Daryl find him just before the fever kills him and he hints to them, who let him out. Then the Shane deeath scene plays out the same way.

This scenario is very rough around the edges and needs alot of work. That's why I'm not writing for a televion show :p

7. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

Thats a epic, badass way to go out!:zombies_cool:

8. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

dale died in a good way.....im not sure if i could have wrote it any different...his death(along with sophia's and otis' and shane's) symbolized the death of the "old" world's way of thinking...dale was good, but he could never last in ZA long term

9. jordan760

jordan760 New Member

How did Dale go out in the comics?

10. SeraphM

SeraphM Member

I'm liking the whole "captain going down with his ship", especially if he did something badass and heroic.

11. ZombieCharmer

ZombieCharmer Member

I would have liked to have seen Dale go out in a similar fashion to Samuel L Jackson in Deep Blue Sea. THAT would be worthwhile shocking scene.

12. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I think being killed by his or RV would have been ironic. Maybe have a bunch of zombies jump inside and knock it out of park and have it run over him lol.

13. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

How about Dale let's Randall loose and takes Randall back to his group using the RV. Dale lets Randall out and starts back for the farm and sees in his rear view mirror that Randall's group is a bunch of thugs and realizes that he's made a terrible mistake. Driving down the road (not too far) he comes across "the herd" and decides to make things right. Dale lashes the steering wheel and gas pedal down, opens the door, lets in as many zombies as he can by being live bait and escaping to the roof of the RV. With a rope he's attached to the gear stick, he pulls and sets the RV in motion. With the bumpy ride and his age, Dale is unable to get off the roof and he, the RV and a Winnebago full of Z's head straight into Randall's camp. I think you can fill it in from there. :zombies_lol:

14. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

if they did that they wouldnt have been able to mourn his death as much. i take it you mean kind of how like jimmy died which wasnt too good for me. no one saw him die except for rick and carl which saw some blood splatter.

15. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

i would much rather have seen randall kill Dale. Cause even to this day i still believe the punishment randall got was kind of cruel on the fact he didnt do anything. Yes he was with the other group but so what. Rick killed Dave and Tony and for all they know Rick could have been the agressor. By letting randall kill Dale it would make sense that he was a bad guy and that shane and the group was right. Also showing that there is noo room for softies in a zombie apocalypse like dale.

16. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree with both of your choices. Dale dying like he did in the comic would've been best. However, a scene with Dale standing in front of the RV blasting zombies until both he and the RV were overrun would've been a powerful scene.

17. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Have Randall kill Dale.

18. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

That would have been awesome... Either that, or Walker Randall killing Dale would have been better than the way it happened.

19. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Have Randall escape and kill him instead of the walker. The irony there would have been amazing.

20. HershelsBeard

HershelsBeard Member

why? and if i couldve redone dales death i would have had him not die.... lol