Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

if you woke up to a ZA, honest reactions....

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by misspink789, Oct 23, 2013.

1. misspink789

misspink789 Member

not sure if this topic belongs here........i was watching "days gone by" again and i cant imagine being in a coma and then waking up to a zombie apocalypse! id like to think that i would be brave and know what to do, but honestly i think i would be sooooooo scared that i would shake and cry and scream, i dont even think that i would be able to kill a walker! they make it look easy n the show, but honestly id be scared to kill what was trying to kill me, hopefully adrenaline and survival instinct would kick in! :):zombies_blush::Grin:

2. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I'd go back to sleep.

3. smilewolfy

smilewolfy Member

honestly, I would probably think it was a prank my friends were pulling on me and not react, which would lead to my death T-T

4. LeChuck

LeChuck Member

I would've tried to find some clothes and shoes.

What was the question? lol

5. ApocalypseGal

ApocalypseGal Member

You mean after I shit myself?

6. misspink789

misspink789 Member

LOL! yeah id shit myself along w other things. id try to go back in my coma and hope that it was a nightmare!

7. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I'd panic for a bit and then start worrying about survival.

8. Undertaker

Undertaker Member

Break down mentally, then force myself to try to survive.

9. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

I'd probably have a heart attack and die before the walkers could even get to me :zombies_lol:I wouldn't be able to kill any of them..unless I had a gun. I'd just have to pray Daryl would find me ;)

[​IMG]

10. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? I have been ready for such an eventuality for years. I have many implements of destruction within arms reach at any time in my house, there is survival bags both in my house and in my vehicle (assuming I can't get to one or the other.), and I have reinforced every possible entrance to my 2nd floor apartment. In a pinch, I can destroy the steps up to my door, and rely on rope ladder for access. I have a group of people prepared with survival training, all prepared to pull their own weight if the need arises, and 3 pre-designated meeting points in case a sudden need for exodus/martial law. In addition, I have 2 survival kits stashed in nearby caverns if shelter becomes a concern.

Before anyone thinks I am a crazy zombiphile or doomsday prepper, I am simply someone who knows that civil unrest is the last party I want to be invited to, and to be prepared for zombies is to be prepared for any civil unrest scenario. So when my local water becomes contaminated I still have something to survive on, and if food becomes scarce I know where my next meal will be coming from. :)

11. MrTrench

MrTrench Member

Well shit would be my first reaction.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

You just have to study the history of humans to know the doomsday preppers have a solid argument for being prepared..

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

And to answer the question, I'd probably cry and the find my copy of the zombie apocalypse survival handbook :zombies_lol:

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Well, it'd start with a mental breakdown. My initial reaction would probably somewhat similar to Tara a couple of episodes ago -- I'd lock myself away somewhere and just be in complete shock.

After I work myself up to it, I'd try my best to be smart and careful and stay alive. Probably wouldn't last too long though lol.

15. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

I would like to believe that since we're in a universe where zombie fiction exists, we all should fair relatively well.
    But, the shock factor alone of something like zombies actually coming into existence would still occur nonetheless.

That said, I primarily work at night when most normal people are asleep and drive a semi on a 360 mile round trip each shift.
    I'd probably hear about it on the radio first and then let it all sink in while I keep an eye on the road and prepare to mow down anything shuffling in the middle of the road.
    That and I also carry a hammer on my belt for dealing with stuck brake drums.

16. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

I think no one in here could actually imagine how bad it would feel.

It would be the most devastating feeling.

If person tried to survive, it would be extremily hard to keep going, alot of people would suicide after they face the fact how painfully it would be physically and mentally.

The Walking Dead is funny comedy show combared to how it would feel.

Movie called 'The Road' gives better examble how it might feel. <-- This is the most sad and dark movie ever made.

#16 Tortuous, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  17. arya101

arya101 New Member

Going through these old threads since I'm rewatching the whole thing.
    I agree about The Road. Messed up movie. In a good way. Not to mention the book. McCarthy is phenomenal.

As to the question, idk. I'd probably stay locked up in my house with my family. We have a gun and some army knives and shit like that. Plus I've been meaning to learn how to use a bow :Grin:

18. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

I would first go for a good log shit first and a good think about it before anything else. Get the Meat out of freezer and have a BBQ for the next couple of days :)

19. WalkerSlayer

WalkerSlayer Member

Currently re-watching the series, because, why not? I meandered to this thread, as I am currently watching 'Days Gone By'. I am willing to bet, I would believe that I was in a dream. I've had insanely vivid dreams since I was a young child, and many of them are based in an apocalyptic dimension (Which I can only assume is the result of growing up on horror films/novels.). In many of my dreams, I tend to do a LOT of running and hiding. I do believe I would have a moment similar to Rick, when he goes to his home, cries and asks "is this real?". That being said, much like another poster mentioned, there's no way to know how I would react, because no dream or well done film, is ever the same as real life.

20. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

Well, survival instincts kick in different when you have a wife and kid to find like Rick did. I'm a dad, and I know the first thing I would do it try to find my wife and son, just like Rick. Well, after finding some pants and shoes.