Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

if you woke up to a ZA, honest reactions....

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by misspink789, Oct 23, 2013.

1. obliviousme

obliviousme Member

I'd probably go nuts and just give up on life completely. I mean, it's bad enough that you wake up from a coma without you're family on your side add in an apocalypse then that's a complete life ruiner. lol I'd probably go nuts and feed myself to the zombies. :p

2. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

#22 Tyler, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I mean obviously it would depend on how you figure out it was a zombie apocalypse. I think the main difference between me and Rick is I would be saying "what the f*cking f*ck?!" a whole lot more. Assuming I experienced the same things as him, my first move before even leaving the hospital would be to look for some kind of melee weapon. Then I'd leave and try to find my way home. My biggest worry is the last time I was in the hospital was for head trauma and I ended up in a hospital in downtown pittsburgh. Admittedly that might've been because i was 14 and Pittsburgh children's hospital is pretty awesome. But still. I don't think I'd wake up in Frick hospital in Mount Pleasant. I'd probably be in Greensburg at the least. So a bicycle simply wouldn't do. So I'd try to steal an ambulance. They've got to keep keys somewhere, right? If that didn't work, I'd try and find an older car. My brother had a nissan 200sx that was stolen-- likely because you could start it with a screwdriver. So all is need to do is find a car that has the key hole worn out as much as his was. Once I found my way home, I'd start trying to survive.

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I would be very stern with any survivors I met. I would tell the survivors: They are not walkers , they are not biters, they are zombies!

5. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

Make my life mission to Drink every last beer in the world.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

For me one of the biggest factors would be the type of zombie. Walking Dead walkers are manageable. If I woke up from a coma and discovered myself in The Walking Dead universe, I'd certainly form a plan similar to yours. Things like gathering up my family, gathering supplies, and fortifying my house would be on my mind. If however, If I woke up in the 28 Days Later Universe, and I saw zombies zipping all over the hospital grounds really fast, I'd just hook up a morphine drip and lay back down in bed.

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

True. But yeah. I was assuming walking dead style ZA. Odd as it is to say, it seems more "realistic," that reanimated dead people would move slow and not have super strength.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Actually, even if I woke up in the 28 Days Later universe, I'd probably still make an attempt at surviving, I would just go about it much more timidly. In TWD, i'd probably try to leave the hospital almost right away, in search of family. In 28 Days Later, I would be in much less of a rush to do things. And my strategy would involve A LOT more hiding and avoiding being seen, and a A LOT less dispatching of zombies. If the hospital itself seemed pretty clear of zombies, I would probably very slowly and timidly try to make it to the cafeteria, and fortify myself in a back room of the kitchen where I had a chance of finding plenty of food and drink. I would stay there for a few days just regaining my strength and thinking of a plan. Eventually I'd make my way to the enclosed parking garage where the ambulances were kept with a couple garbage bags full of food and drink. If possible, I'd try to fortify the windows of the ambulance with sheets of metal or something durable that I could find, just leaving smaller holes in each window, enough for me to see to drive. Then I'd creep along fairly slowly down the backroads, even maybe with a goal of only making it a handful of miles or so each day, to attract as little attention as possible. And if I detected zombie activity, even 1000 feet away, I'd just immediately shut the ambulance down and sit there quietly until all was quiet for awhile. I think I'd go on timidly like that until I found family/other survivors, or some sort of safe haven, or ran out of food or gas. I would not leave the ambulance for anything, unless absolutely necessary. I would even leave it to pee or poop, i'd just go in a can and then crack the door really quick and throw it out. At night, ever single stick I heard crack outside the ambulance would probably make my eyes go wide for about 10 minutes, just waiting for some group of fast ambitious crazy zombies to come slamming against the wall of the ambulance. In a world like that, I think you're only real chance of long term survival is to find some truly isolated spot void of zombies, like an island or some kind of very heavily fortified military base with walls and gates even more solid than a prison. So once I accepted the fact that I probably wasn't going to find family, I'd probably rack my brain thinking of what kind of really isolated fortified place like that might exist within a couple hundred miles of where I was, and if I thought of something with promise, I'd just slowly make my way in that direction in my ambulance eating very little food per day, hoping my 2 garbage bags of food would last me a few weeks, and perhaps getting gas by pulling right up next to private garages and trying to slip inside the garage and siphon gas from the car in there. I'd just go along that way with the vague hope that other survivors had already found this isolated safe zone and had it operational before I got there. Yes, a much more timid existence than in TWD.

9. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

First this.

[​IMG]

Then this

[​IMG]

10. Lawwry...Korral

Lawwry...Korral New Member

^ this. He knows what's going on. While I don't believe in a zombie takeover, I do know our freedoms are jeopardized and have been for awhile here in usa. I have survival gear and ahem...weapons...(most of which were destroyed in a boat accident)... to rely on. And lots of ammunitions. I also make my own ammo. I will not be shorted here in case sumpin' happens. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. mikka254

mikka254 New Member

I'd go to the abandoned stores, collect all the food, machette and guns I can find. Then I'd barricade myself in the gym and get fit as I train my machette swing. No, for real. That's exactly what I would do.

12. mitsukeru

mitsukeru Member

This!

I actually can imagine me waking up after the ZA took place... what I can't imagine is me being Rick getting near the "Don't open dead inside" door!

13. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

I'd protect my family the very best i could.

14. Lisaatje

Lisaatje Member

I'd probably freeze and get killed right away.

15. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Member

I'm in a militia with about 30 vets. We train for the worst in preparation of the collapse of society. We have a few bases and drop points with thousands of rounds of ammunition -9mm 10mm 7.62 556 308 357 22 12g 20g 5/7. We have enough food to last 50 people over a year. We have medical supplies. If shit hits the fan, we have a few coordinates where different groups will go. I would grab my b.o.b, my Fn 57, my Steyr and go to my station. That is how I would react to any apocalypse.