Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'll do it myself - rate Channel 5

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Channel 5' started by NakedCity, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Rate it

1. 0

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I came in here to give my lowest rating ever to an episode, and couldn't find a thread, so here it is.

That's 0/10 for me. A first.

Brutally boring. No flow, zero interest. Really no ****s are given anymore. These writers can't build suspense, and everything they bring in is so blatantly convenient for "plot" that it always feel fake.

Scene:
    - I guess I got lucky.
    Oh look who's there! My sister!! They found my sister!

Scene:
    Shots fired.
    - Yeah, we just saw a herd.

Scene:
    That bridge won't hold!! Everybody gets through but the fat loser who found a new purpose in life, filming the truth.

And what the **** is wrong with Al? I think I missed something, was she ever presented as mentally deficient and I missed it? She's with the do-gooders all the way until someone reports half-truths on the TV? Now she's freakishly mad, breaks TVs and will hand them their asses? And the new "villain", her biggest crime is being Fox News?

That bridge, even if it felt like an echo of TWD, would have been a good moment to clean plates and get rid of 95% of these characters. Please next week get rid of Al (used to like her, now just feels like she needs heavy medication), Strand (used to like him, now he's just phoning it in), June (give Dorie another purpose than being cute), Charlie (that girl killed the only interesting character on this show), Grace (at last, stop ****ing around), the crippled sisters (I know one is a black dude, but whatever, these two should never have existed, just impossible to take them seriously), and the children just standing in the backgrounds of a few shots. Clean plates, get Dorie and Dwight go beserk on the cowgirls while Morgan rubs his new stick crying.

I'd give it 0,5 if I believed that Dwight was gone for good from this mess. Morgan should follow. I hate to see TWD's main show related to this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's like comparing rotten apples and rotten oranges these days, but I feel as if this was the worst episode of the series. The camera stuff is so annoying. It takes me out of the episode at the start.

The show has become a full on parody of itself. All of those competing videos felt like ads for bad political campaigns. Who the Hell would be watching all of these videos? Insane Clown Cowboys steal the idea and begin recruiting people too and then Morgan's gang provides their rebuttal in their ads! NO, we are the REAL deal not the Clown Cowboys!! I can't wait for the televised debates on CNN.

And it's laughable that these people are in life or death situations and they keep filming it all.

I can't stress enough either, how ridiculous these new "villains" are. They're just following Morgan's group around and appearing, drawing walkers and harrrassing them. Why? It's so cartoonish. Actually cartoons aren't this unbelievable.

Then we have Grace at the precipice of death and then suddenly able to make a grueling hike that wore out everyone else in the group. Couldn't the showrunners at least have gone to the trouble of having the group build something to carry her on?

The only thing I liked about the episode is that Dwight left this stupid group. Hopefully he returns to the Walking Dead. What an embarrassing mess.

#2 Stealth, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

For the last 2 Sundays I have been in trip prepping and now the actual trip (daughter getting married, have been in Portland for a almost a week).....anyway

I have amc premiere so I watched the episode. On my tablet. Even the smaller screen did not serve to lessen the negative impact of episode.

For one it was boring as shit

Two - I despise Annie Oakley. Not because she is a terrifying villain who has come to wreak havoc on the mains - no I do not despise her for that. I WISH I despised her for that.

I despise her because she is a silly, ridiculous, over the top but not in a good way charicature. The character is so unbelievably unbelievable.

This entire season has sucked. They should just cut their losses, call a Mulligan and rescend the renewal status of season 6 and just call it cancelled. Put their money to better use

EDIT: Forgot the important rating. 0.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Ditto on the zero. I was truly embarrassed for the cast. I hate the damn cameras. And Alicia running around painting trees is beyond ridiculous. The other multiple failures have already been pointed on. I will be SO happy to see this season end and will hold out hope they can salvage something next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

There is so much errors. It seems no one can fight anymore too, BUt 3-5 people at a time. They should all know how to kill a walker this long into the apocalypse.

Somehow they cannot clean out the "Gulch". And now they need to call Ginny for help...Ricks hobo commandos cleaned the prison in season 3, less experienced, less numerous. With riot gear but still! This crew got some PROPER killers, Dwight, Daniel, Morgan, John Dorie can hit a bacteria on the moon and June is not a bad shot either. But somehow, some walkers are soooo much trouble. And they coould not just back up the damn tanker and block the bridge? Or just have one car get all the fuel and dash it to the gulch ahead of the others.

I know the show likes ot make the horde this impossible to run away from thing but clearly it can be ran away from and the bridge is destroyed...

Dwight is the only one with morale values now suddenly too. That is interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I fell asleep because, well, it sucked. 1

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D Glad you're back, Marc!

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Thanks! And it is good to be back! I kinda got out of the loop after the mid season finale! A pity I cannot watch TWD on any reliable source here in Sweden so I be gone when the seasons over : (

9. Stealth

I was thinking the same thing, just clear the damn place. Walkers are hanging around the fencing. Start killing them first before even committing to go inside. After taking that long hike they just give up instantly, without trying? Oh yeah, let's be subservient to the weird authoritarian group now. It also goes against all the other BS they've been pushing this whole season.

It's amazing how bad the writing for Fear is now. It would've been better to introduce no big villainous gangs, but instead have questionable people that they too eagerly let into their group. Tension within would've been better overall for this particular story, and they could've left it uncertain as to who the enemies within were for the audience. And that in turn creates group dissension and people question each other (and their whole mission) rather than holding hands and singing the praises of Morgan's cult.

But if they wanted a "big bad" they should've just made it Daniel. If you're fortunate enough to have Ruben Blades returning, utilize his talent of playing a tough guy. Make him embittered after all that happened and if someone is to help bring him back it'd be Alicia. That gives her something to do aside from painting trees and having a hard time killing walkers. Instead they decided to make Daniel a cat's sidekick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

You're extremely right.

All that anger from AL and the others, all the "We gonna prove you wrong! We will win!" like grumpy teenagers in high school and boom, they see walkers and give up. And the walk? Somehow the 5 miles, WHICH only is 8 kilometers sounded more like 5 Swedish mil(es) which is 50 kilometers...I don't get it! How can they be so exhausted?

A non villianous group would indeed be better. Show them the darkness of their "Help all" and never kill instead. Hell! If they have to have Ginny, give her a reason to hunt them! Make it so people they helped are cold murderers or worse! Not "Haha I gonna **** with you until you ask for my help so you become indentured forever!". Her group and their shitty outposts seem herd immune to for some reason.

Ruben Blades as a disgruntled man working against them be more interesting than "Oh this kid talked to me so now I love this group of assholes again!". Alicia working to turn him back to his "Old self". Instead of her panting trees, Making the whole Madison and Travis dynasty being totally useless and to 95% dead. Unless Madison magically transfers herself to Season 6 and helps the group beat up Ginny...

Hell! Troy could been added in as a problem for the group, crazy loyal to Nick but bit nutty and doing what is needed. Like a Daryl figure for Nick but crazier. But nope! Kill off almost all ties to Season 1-3. Strand is useless mostly and Alicia paints trees while Daniel is a side kick to the cat as you put it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It has happened.....an episode (at the time of this posting) has received a whopping 0% rating

Rotten Maters update (rating is in either red/fresh or green/rotten). Writers of each episode also listed.

501 - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum 94% (of which I disagree with so much. It was nowhere near the quality of episodes we got from season 9 of TWD)

502 - Alex Delyle 64%

503 - Ashley Cardiff 85%

504 - Samir Mehta 73%

505 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 73%

506 - Mallory Westfall 42%

507 - Richard Naing 38%

508 - Michael Alaimo 58%

509 - David Johnson 69%

510 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 45%

511 - Mallary Westfall and Alex Delyle 50%

512 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 38%

513 - Ashley Cardiff and Nick Bernardone* 92%????!!!!!! Who the f*ck is reviewing this shit????

514 - David Johnson - 44%

515 - Michael Slaimo and Samir Mehta - 0% (as of 9 critics reviews)

516 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I still have yet to watch it. Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. NakedCity

This thread was right on target! I'd winner my own post if I could. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. naossano

naossano Member

This season might be the worst of both shows put together.
    Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have a whole season of the whole cast saying the same lines over and over ?
    I liked most of the cast and characters from the previous seasons, but i feel like there is little to no reason to keep going...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

A zero. I'd say there's nowhere to go but up from here, but we all know better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stealth

Well you don't have to rub it in to the rest of us that suffered through it. lol

17. PepperAnn

I keep looking at it and thinking, I am not ready to fall asleep yet.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Wait...0%? How do one even manage that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NakedCity

At least it will serve a purpose.

20. PepperAnn

Good point.