Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'll do it myself - rate Channel 5

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Channel 5' started by NakedCity, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Rate it

1. 0

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

My biggest gripe with this all is how can we go from Season 3 and Proctor John to this? THIS? There was a sense of fear in Proctors gang. They where so organized they could hold a FREAKING BAZARR in the zombie post apoc. Not even Negan got a bazarr in the post apocalypse. But we gotten crazy lady, old grumpy trucker and re-enactment of the wild west Ginny now for villians. Mind you, Ginny is a proper villian compared to the others...but it just feels bit lame beside Governor, Negan, Termites, Whisperers (I Haven't seen em yet ot be honest) The Helicopter crew gang...

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I feel like we are overrating season 3 now that the whole thing has gone to crap. I mean, season 3 was really good compared to seasons 1 & 2, but wasn't that great either IMO. It had its moments.

3. naossano

naossano Member

I don't think it was better than previous seasons. Madison was moronic and they spared the evil son much longer than they should have. (not mentioning enabling him on a daily basis)

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well, considering the nose dive the main show (in my opinion, Alexandria been boring as hell), season 3 was uplifting. Not perfect but better. They had momentum...but tossed it out with season 4 and 5.

I liked Troy! He was multi dimensional, a kid with ADHD and stuff like that, and how a person without the support of school, healthcare and such with such issues like he had, cope with the post apoc. He was also caring for Nick in a way. I would have liked to follow his redemption arc and he would been useful for the clown crew and their circus ensamble right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

When I saw them going with the documentary angle again I groaned, but this footage annoyed me much less than the last episode they centered around it.

I like that different people they rescued were talking about how they gave them hope, faith, etc. Hard to find in a world like that, but I seriously hope someone breaks all the cameras after this. Enough with the dueling documentaries. I thought Al was down to one working battery? Why it took so long for that to happen is anyone's guess. They'll have to raid the endless battery/walkie warehouse again I suppose. But they won't show that, of course. These items just appear as needed.

I liked moments of this, but there are just too many ridiculous things.

A few of the things that really bugged me….
    Did I understand this correctly... They got the SWAT vehicle and Polar Bear's truck across that rickety bridge that was crumbling and snapping just from people walking on it?

Ginny points to her hat and key badge in her own PSA, saying that if you see these, we're here to help. Where the hell did they get so many of those ridiculous outfits?

WHY does she want this group so badly?

I'm guessing that she may just execute Al for being so damned annoying. And I think I'm ok with that at this point.

What about Grace? Will she withhold medical supplies because she's most likely dying and would consider that a waste? Or maybe there's a doctor in one of the communities who can use that ultrasound machine and somehow help her?

She'll probably make the cat a mouser for their horse stalls/barns. Because everyone must be useful or die apparently.

It's impossible to speculate about these people because I don't think that we have the full story on them yet.

Janis bugs me. There's just something off about her. And why would she go back to a group that was hunting her down? I thought she'd leave with Dwight.

And the Gulch. Those zombies were herded into there and the gates closed behind them. Another roadblock from Ginny and the outback riders? Seriously, those hats.

John said there was a fishing hole nearby. So, head there, get some water, catch some fish, gather your strength and strategize. We're not talking about 3000 zombies ambling about in the open. At least TRY to do something before giving up to the creepy cult chic.

Like I said, I've liked parts of the last three episodes or so, but the illogical crap and contrived plot devices just weigh it down so much.

I still like Wes though. I hope that he and Alicia survive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

You point out a lot of oddities in deed! And yes, Wes can become a decent character. He seems to be an extreme realist. To bad he seems to be brain washed in the Alicia-Morgan-Luciana cult too! That whole "Help others help others!" and "Have faith" thing is a bit culty. Ginny vs the Madison left overs, the battle of the cults! xS

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Wow, it's Friday and I am still kicking around not watching last Sunday or the Finale.

Hmmmmm decisions......

• Like Like x 1
  8. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

Just watch them. There's some decent stuff crammed in between the ridiculous and the absurd.
    If you get bored, play @Dnae Bingo Game.
    My favorite was being able to cross off 4 squares in just the opening scene of a recent episode. :D

• Funny Funny x 2