Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm 23 and having a mid-life crisis

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Sulq, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Can anyone relate?

2. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

Too early for a mid life crisis uh? By the way what's your feeling ? Depressed?

3. SMG

SMG Member

exactly, too early for a mid-life crisis.
    something is going on in your life that's creating too much stress for you to handle....be it family, job, love life, debt/income, etc.....

mid-life crisis is much deeper & is dealing with mostly older folks dealing with their wants in life they never had before or they realize death is walking down the street an ready to kick their door in ( they're getting old ! ) & they want to try to relive their younger glory years, or their bucket list, or to make some kind of point/purpose in their life before they go.

at 23 you have none of that unless you're time is short on earth(which I hope not...too young to go ! ) otherwise you're just stressed out over something or the point in life you're at or where you want to be.
    you'll get through all of what you're dealing with in time, don't get too worked up over things an deal with it day by day if needed.

#3 SMG, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  4. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You're probably right. I think it's just because I'm not where I want to be in life. I have plans yet not the financial means to do them right now. I probably just want to do and accomplish much more than feasibly possibly before I'm 30 years old.

5. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Hmm. May I offer some advice?

First of all, I recommend to stay optimistic. No matter what. I know that may sound difficult, but it's much more beneficial to your health versus always thinking about the negative and expecting the worst. Secondly and most importantly, you must adopt and believe in patience. I'm 20 myself and of course, I have plans just like you - living at the top of the city with a great job and making bank, and thanks to a move that may seem selfish, I was able to layout what I needed to do in order to get where I wanted be.

And with that list, no matter where you put it - first on the list, last on the list - patience was most important. I theorized that (with some people) if we don't hit our dreams at a young age, we tend to give up. Finally, I would say while you are waiting patiently, don't wait in an idle manner. Make small changes / moves that pretty much sets you up for a better and brighter future.

Again, patience is most important, in my opinion, but at the same time, make changes behind the scenes during.

6. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

Well, I have plans too that my finances don't allow me to complete them but I don't really get depressed for this. I mean you know what you have to do? Be indifferent to anything that bothers you. This is the key to the well-being to me. Is there something that annoys you, something that you keep really think of? Who cares! It will come the day that I will accomplish it and that's it, I don't care about it.

7. Fozz

Fozz Member

I can understand at 23. You're beginning the working phase of your life and likely fully independent of your parents. It's a new chapter and likely stressful. Maybe more apt to call it a quarter life crises. But, just remember, things always get better. Positive thoughts breed a positive attitude and outlook.