Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"I'm a Cop"

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by Rapscallion, Feb 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I've always been in Rick's corner, but even I was surprised at how quickly he killed those two Yankees in the bar.

We've debated that Rick's too weak to lead the group, but the scene in the bar revealed something we may have forgotten: Rick's a cop, and as a cop he's been trained to read body language and listen to suspects for details.

Rick's training kicked in and told him those two were dangerous.

Their arrogance upon meeting survivors, the leader claiming to have dropped 30 pounds when he clearly hadn't (and the fat guy hadn't dropped a pound), the leader saying he "took the gun off a cop" and covering with "He was dead" after Rick identified himself as a cop, the leader prying for the location of Hershel's farm, the leader jumping over the bar (a shield for him to fire), and the fat guy getting combative at Rick, told Rick that shit was about to go down, so he acted first.

If you think Rick's too weak to lead the group, I hoped he prooved you wrong tonight.

#1 Rapscallion, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Rick waited for the Dave to go for his gun.

3. Headshot

Headshot New Member

I think Chubby talking about getting some tail while he was pissing on the floor was all the Rick need to know these guys were up to no good. I'm wondering if there only two of them though.

4. Rickrolling

Rickrolling Member

When watching i had the rewind that part, the guy behind the bar drew his gun first. Next Episode we will likely see Daryl and Shane Rescue olive oil after they put down the new family member of the walkers in the house. That small town is going to see a ton of walkers and and gun fighting.

5. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I would have loved it if he referred to himself as "Officer Friendly" like he did with Merle!

6. Rapscallion

Yeah, that would've made me pull out my pistol right there.

The leader (never caught his name) was trying to come across as somewhat decent, but I'd have killed them both too.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Kind of funny huh. I think there was still a little bit of innocence then and they could almost joke around like that. I think the time for brevity to ease the tension is well passed us now.

8. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Rick's my Boy!!!!

Rick was on to those jokers quick!

9. Rickrolling

Rickrolling Member

How hard is it to get a empty farm house when everyone is dead, seriously.

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I think their agenda was pillaging and plundering, perhaps stealing women too for their group.

11. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

This, listen to Dave talk about the things they've have to do....

These guys belong to a renegade group out plundering and killing in order to survive. You will see a lot of these groups through the WD...some where than others.

12. Rapscallion

Ever read The Stand, where they confronted the survivors who were kidnapping women to rape?

13. Rickrolling

Rickrolling Member

You also add the fact they were describing the pipe dreams of other groups they have come across. Makes you curious of the number of people they killed before meeting with Rick.

14. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yes! I read the Stand. It was the book that I could not put down in High School. There was also another book called "Swan Song" that I read that was like it, and had same kind of people.

15. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Good point!

At any rate, Rick discerned them quite well.

16. tlo25

tlo25 New Member

Those two guys did say they were part of a bigger group and I think we are going to see this group VERY soon. You burn a fire like they are right now the smoke is gonna be seen for miles.

17. Rickrolling

Rickrolling Member

I am going to imagine this group of people is going to be like the caravan of bikers from the original Dawn of the Dead and going to be out for blood once they know there two members are dead. This will force a relocation off the farm. We all know glen is going to get shot by these people (from promo). We just don't know how bad. Like tlo25 said, that smoke is going to be seen for miles and all fires should have burned themselves out by now.

18. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

They showed a preview during the Comic Book Men show afterwards where it showed a couple guys who showed up right after Rock blasted those two guys. All it showed was some guys walking around outside the bar with guns asking about their friends. So yes, we're going to see more action for sure.

19. AVC

AVC Member

Raps is 100% correct. I like it how Rick recognised the gun as soon as he saw it as a police weapon.

He was playing his cards pretty well. But yeah, it's like lying to a judge. They've heard it all before. I'm glad he plugged them.

20. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

What Zambi said. The conversation that Dave was trying to have was to gather information about what was at the house. Numbers, equipment and so on.