Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm ALL for Negan!

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by Kevinw596, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

It seems to me that he let's more people live than he kills. Seems like he tries to get to know them before he kills. Not Carl tho. Carl just kills. Those men that he's killed might be following Negan to protect their wife and kids. Now their kids will grow up without daddies, simply because Carl cares about nothing but himself, All the while Negen is protecting protecting and saving life.

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I really think he's trying so hard but everyone totally fails to appreciate what he's doing. Poor guy, always slaving away to save everyone and yet they don't see it (but, fortunately he does remind them), he's definitely way underappreciated.
    Negan, the savior.

#2 8307c4, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Dude. I'm a Negan fan. But by that metric, hitler is an alright dude because out of 80 million people he only had 14 million or so murdered.

#3 HondaS2kXD, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  4. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Yeah but did he try to get to know those 80 million, invite them round for tea and cucumber sandwiches ?

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

*Resists incredibly insensitive tasteless joke that truly has no place in society.*

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

14 million. 6+ million Jewish people, the rest were gays, Romany Gypsies, Poles, various political prisoners, etc. etc. Some studies put the numbers at 16 to 20 million people total.

7. HondaS2kXD

Try me. As long as it's a joke, ALL jokes are funny. People who get offended by jokes are the ones who have no place in society.

Ehh. I pulled the number from a Jimmy Carr routine. Shouldn't have expected it to be right, but the point was just to make fun of a measure of Negan being a good guy so I wasnt all thet concerned with accuracy. Lol

8. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Stockholm Syndrome has already gotten ahold of you I see there Kevin!

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

OK, [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] I'll bite;

10. HondaS2kXD

Good one. It's good to see a thread derailing so nicely.

11. Felicia Fox

Felicia Fox New Member

Yes to Negan! No to Hitler-WTF?!?

How are you going to compare Negan to Hitler... Negan didn't do a mass killing of people he didn't know... Rick did to Negan'a outpost... he didn't do it in the comics until later later when the three towns united and were at war but sure as hell did it on the show. I think most of Negan's actions are justifiable so far on the show. His people keep getting killed because the rumor mill says the saviors are dangerous people... yes the biker gang that Daryl blew up deserved it... not a fan of bullies but maybe Negan just thinks everyone is weak and needs help... he's ignorant yet a good strategist. Otherwise, Negan ain't that bad... just has his own ways of doing things and a typical guy who likes to bust balls and do the nasty... keep killing his people rick and company, that's how you're losing yours... whomp whomp!

12. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The war that Hitler initiated killed far more than that(Soviet losses tallied more than that). As for systematic state sponsored internal destruction, they had neither the infrastructure or the resources to pull off 20 million executions in the amount of time they were in power. 6 million is a more accepted realistic figure, although there's some studies that put that on the higher end of estimation.

Not that slaughtering millions needs any extra exaggeration in the first place.

13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Valid as well.

Hitler as an example is thrown around far too much these days to any negative entity. Do people not realize the Nazi's planned to completely wipe out the Slavs for Lebensraum?

There's very little comparable to the kind of entity that the Nazi's were that would be accurate.

Negan is more akin to a Pinochet.

14. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Since this is only a TV show I will regard this as a mere fiction-related opinion.
    Yet, I still can't believe that anyone would ever say that oppressing, torturing, killing, humiliating people for the own pleasure is justified.

Negan is a psycho-or sociopath. It's not about doing things his way but about breaking all rules of basic society even in this zombie apocolypse.
    At the same time he sets his own rules that everyone else has to follow. It's the true action of a megalomaniac dictator, narcissist and psychopath.
    The world circles around him and him alone.
    Don't get lost in his superficial smile and "charm" because this is another trait of a psychopath.

Let's take a look at executing Abraham and Glenn, for example: let's just pretend he "had to" kill somebody for Rick's raid on the outpost (it's still open for debate though). He could have just shot them quick and easy. Instead he first scared them all to death. Humiliated them. Made fun of them. Oppressed them and didn't allow them to even react naturally, like pleading, begging, getting angry, trying to solve it verbally etc.
    He demanded the group to silently accept everything he did and was about to do.
    Then he played with the feelings of others for their loved ones, was about to kill a very sick women (don't say that he wanted to do it because she was sick anyway) but stopped when Glenn screamed no.
    Simply because he then realised that there was even more he could use for his sick terror, namely Glenn and Maggie's feelings for each other.
    So he chose Abraham first, knowing exactly that somebody would show a reaction that goes against his rules.
    But he didn't just killed Abraham, he tortured him to death because the first hit didn't kill him immediately.
    Abraham was fully aware after the first hit that he was going to die.
    Naturally, somebody reacted the most natural way, in this case it was Daryl.
    So Negan had a reason to kill another member of this group.
    Knowing that Maggie and Glenn were a couple, he chose Glenn, forcing Maggie and Glenn's friends to watch.
    And again, he didn't kill Glenn on the spot but heavily injured him at first, made even fun of Glenn's eye popping out, enjoying the situation tremendously.
    It must have been the most glorious feeling to him to hear Glenn trying to speak to Maggie in this state, making the horrible situation even more shocking.

I don't have to say what followed next with Rick and then with Rick and Carl, knowing that they were father and son.
    It was torture at its best, not just punishment. Not to mention that Negan doesn't care for his people as individuals, he just needs a certain number of soldiers in order to hold the power he needs to serve his selfish and narcissistic purpose. He even burns the faces of his own people simply for being together with their loved ones.

Torturing, breaking, killing people, causing pain and misery wherever he can (taking away the girl-friends/wives of other men and marrying them is one of the many examples) is not justifyable at all.
    It's the doing of a lunatic, a totally brutal, cruel, malicious psycho.

We have never seen Rick or anyone else of his camp (or Hilltop) torturing others, have we?
    They didn't run around threatening, torturing and oppressing others in order to feed their sadistic minds and to get other people's supplies.
    Negan is a true parasite, like a virus or bacteria that eats others alive.

#14 NoMora, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  15. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Carl is a eyeless putz