Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm going in for my 2nd viewing...Wish me luck!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Poor Mika, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yes, when my wife finishes watching the "Bake Off" final (Do you have that in the US?), I'm going to watch 701 again...7 minutes to go...
    I usually find that I enjoy the second time watch more. There is so much fine detail in TWD that it's easy to miss something.
    I liked it the first time - especially the way Carl's hand was used to finally break Rick. Brilliant, evil, controlling work by Negan...
    Being a regular visitor on here, I was shocked but not surprised by both Abe and Glenn's deaths - but I was convinced when watching that Rick was going to have to cut off his own son's hand...awesome acting by both Rick and Negan. Wow!
    Does anyone else find the 2nd time watch to usually be better?

2. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

Well, it depends. The shock was much bigger for me when I watched it the first time - about Abe, Glenn and the fear, Carl might lose his arm. But the second time, I was less confused (about the time jumps and the difference between things that *really* happened and those that only played in Rick's mind) and could see more details.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Dooooon't dooooo it!!!! :p

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I usually watch the encore presentation and then again the following Sunday before the new episode. I pick up things I missed the first time , especially if I've come here to the forum where others point out things I completely missed.
    I watched the premier twice last Sunday and never caught Abe giving the peace sign until people posted it here.

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes! We do get the Great British Bake Off! It is one of my favorite shows. I think you should go watch that instead. :)

6. Chiron

Chiron Member

Bon chance. Onto my fifth watch. You will see things you missed like Polaroid guy in slow mo shaking the film as he walks off. Some nice touches.
    For me the violence got more intense every time I watched it. But worth re- watching.
    Missed a nice ending soundtrack but will check, maybe they don't do soundtracks in premieres.

7. PepperAnn

This is exactly what I am afraid of. lol
    I am not one to turn my head on gore....but with it being such beloved characters, especially Glenn...and the AGONIZING short last words. Ugh wow.

8. Chiron

Chiron Member

Yeah, don't watch if it is upsetting. From what I read it is a one off anyway. I just wish the directors kept to the intimacy of the lineup and showed Negan with some blood on him. But there is no need to re- watch if it makes you sick. Also missed a good soundtrack. Will check with [MENTION=8839]Prufrock[/MENTION] who is the authority on such things.

9. LoriG

LoriG Member

I can't watch again until I get home from our week away, and I'm desperate to see it again so I can see the bits I might have missed. My husband can't stand me watching it at all!!

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Usually I do enjoy the 2nd (and 3rd) viewing for seeing the small things missed on the first watch, taking note of things others have posted about on the forum that I missed in my first viewing, etc.

Last night I watched this episode for the 2nd time. I watched with my son-in-law (my daughter and I watched it without him on Sunday). I sat in my designated chair at their house, they sat on the couch. Just seconds before the first scene I turned to him and said "I want you to know that me watching this again with you is an outward sign of my love for you......because emotionally and mentally I am not at all prepared to sit through this again".

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

YES, I found that to be the case when I watched it the 2nd go round. First time watching I winced during the killing of Glenn. Last night on the 2nd view I literally had to turn my head away from the television because I could not take seeing that play out again so soon after watching it on Sunday night. But that did not help any at all because it was Glenn gurgling, trying to say his last words to Maggie - oh man THAT was more painful to hear rather than the actual violence being more painful to watch.

12. Chiron

Chiron Member

yep. I understand that bit was in the comics etc. but I didn't / couldn't watch it other than through my fingers until watch three. And I did it because [MENTION=70142]WalkingBuckeye[/MENTION] mentioned something about his eye actually coming out of his head or something. I know from the comic drawing his eye is like how can I say it mixed up in his remains so wanted to see that. But artistically I may have vetoed that and let Glenn say zip. Or have him say something in a flashback or something else. It was truly truly violent those 4 secs or so before Negan hits him again.

13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Well, I watched it again and actually thought it was "brilliant" this time...a work of art. Fantastic how they managed to make Negan truly become the most dangerous character he is in the comics...WOW!!!

14. PepperAnn

[MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] [MENTION=59101]RickyGrimes[/MENTION] [MENTION=20011]Taeyeon'sBF[/MENTION] and everyone else I told I would never watch again. lol

Welp.....I finally cracked and watched a second time too. I must say it was a bit easier the second go round. Still gut wrenching as HELL but a little easier. Also, I noticed something this time around that I missed the first time. The uppercut swing (for lack of a better word?) that Negan delivered on his third hit to Glenn. That was brutal.
    I wondered how he was positioned so far away from everyone at the end, and that explained it. That must have happened while I was squeezing all the skin together on my face the first go round, and I missed it. lol

UGH still a brilliantly done episode.

15. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Traitor!!! Thought I had company in the "never watch a second time" club but nooooo, you had to go and be a rebel. [MENTION=2175]page[/MENTION] was right, can't trust Gingers!

16. PepperAnn

I had the visual of Glenn flying backwards in my head and it totally clouded my already ****ed memory!!

[​IMG]

17. Apollonia

May your dreams be filled with head bashing memories. I stand alone now. : (

18. PepperAnn

[​IMG]

I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!! I sweeaaarrrrr...

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I have yet to see the episode a second time. But that's due to circumstance rather than choice.

20. Apollonia

Words!!! Now I know how Thelma felt when she thought Louise was abandoning her.