Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm going to miss Merle when he dies.

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Morgotha, Nov 26, 2012.

1. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Although I haven't thought about Merle dying much, I would want this to be how it plays out. He has been nothing but a douche throughout the show but this would let us all know that there was still a little bit of good left in him.

2. Dead man walking

Wow. I agree, fine actor. His character however? He's a MF fruitcake - can't wait to be rid. Hopefully Daryl is the one to actually cap his ass realising the shitty and wrongful path his big brother has taken. I will cheer when he goes and probably rewind and watch it again and again with a big grin.
    Hope the Gov doesn't do it, that's too predictable.

Actually what I would like to see is Merle wounded in the leg, perhaps by the Gov, unable to walk and crawling away from advancing walkers, crying out again to Rick and his brother (the group) for help as the walkers close in on him (much like on the roof) however this time Daryl and the others look back, Daryl looks at Glenn and Maggie and then turns and walks away giving the others their cue to leave him and this time they don't go back for him and let the walkers pile onto him and devour him while he screams out for help. That would be the perfect end for him.

#62 Dead man walking, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Merle cut his own hand off and fought off walkers by himself. He's not going to be begging Rick for his life any more than Oscar did in the prison.

4. walkerTXranger

Disagree.

After what he did to T-Dog and Glen there is no good in him. Guys a racist redneck and would get no sympathy from me.

If I was there he gets one between the eyes .

5. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Merle is a brutal man looking for a reason to brutalize people. His hand, the color of their skin, whatever - he'll find a reason to be a bully. He wouldn't take one second of the ZA, or even his hand, back because it allows him to feed that brutal little stone heart of his.

I don't think Daryl killing him fits in with Daryl's character growth and so that is why I want him dead by someone else's hands. Turning his back on him fits.

I don't need brother on brother killing. For one thing, it isn't Daryl's story so even though there is a good chance it will play out like that it just seems like to much for me. I see it is as Rick's story so the Rick/Shane showdown to the death fit.

6. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Right. Had he truly done away with Michonne and had some sort of proof to bring the Gov. and happened upon Glenn and Maggie in the same way, I think he would have let them leave and get Daryl or arrange something else that suited both of them. IE: Glenn stay with Merle while Maggie goes back and gets Daryl so they can figure out what they are going to do. But instead he knew he had failed the Gov. yet again and needed to bring something back to stay top dog in the Gov.'s eyes.

I am a Michael Rooker fan. Love the guy. That being said I was hoping Merle could be redeemed once he came back this season. Once he sobered up. But when he threw that walker in on Glenn who wasn't responsible for him being left up on the roof I knew it was all downhill for him from there.

7. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I would hate Daryl if he did that. Maybe Merle deserves to die, but Daryl watching him being killed with no emotion at all would just be cruel. Merle is still his brother, and even if he's been a jerk his whole life, I don't think Daryl is heartless enough to be close enough to save him and to just shrug and walk away.

8. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I really think that Merle will be killed by someone other than Daryl also. More like Glen but no matter who, when ever it happens it will be sad. Merle is a great antagonist in this show.

9. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

What are the chances the Guv puts Merle and Daryl in a fight to the death and Merle sacrifices himself to save Daryl?

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

small. merle is out for himself.

11. John Smith

John Smith Member

I like the idea of Merle injured and in the path of a group of walkers, at which point he begins pleading with "baby bro" for help, then goes into his usual bully/abuse mode when Daryl hesitates, which makes Daryl stand up for himself and leave his past behind.

12. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I think the Gov is going to kill him when he refuses to kill Daryl.

13. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would like something like this, followed by a shot with Merle being ripped to bits and screaming in agony lol, and Daryl realising he was never really his ''brother'', at least not a proper one anyway... just like in real life, your family isn't always the family you think it is.

14. walkerTXranger

Why do you think that?

Is it because that's what happened in the comic?

If that happened in the comic then we need an area for people that read the comics to discuss these things as opposed to throwing it out there for us to read.

15. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Daryl and Merle aren't in the comics.
    I'm just going off the way the Gov keeps pushing about where Merle's loyalties lie. And that Hollywood has a habit of 'redeeming' certain characters.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

daryl and merle don't even exist in the comics. people need to learn the difference between speculation and spoilers.

17. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

From my way of thinking he has to die and it can't be by Daryl or part of Rick's group. Some other person. Gov sounds like a fine candidate and it leads to Daryl becoming a very dangerous man in his quest for revenge, especially if Merle redeems himself by protecting Daryl. This would take Daryl's focus slightly away from the group and opens the door for a new right hand man to step in - if this other guys shows up that y'all are talking about. I've never read the comics but everyone is waiting for his arrival. There are never two right hand men are there?

18. walkerTXranger

Agreed but that all depends how it is worded.

If you see someone come out of left feild with something and then you look over and he is a comic book guy then you think oh shit...

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

not when he just posts his guess. especially when what he's referring too has never been in the comics and could never happen due to the characters not even existing. I don't want speculation to get attacked everytime just because someone read the comics when the theory has nothing to do with them.

20. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Calm down. We comic readers can make guesses without you non comic readers jumping our ass.