Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm just curious how Sophia got in the barn

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by Jason Wang, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Jason Wang

Jason Wang New Member

it seems out of logic, the farm people got Sophia in, they showed no hint of hiding Sophia, otherwise Sophia sneaked in the barn?

2. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

Otis put her in the barn. He was killed before he could tell anyone about her.

3. bew1977

bew1977 Member

Otis was the one to catch the walkers and put them in the barn. All he probably told Hershel was he caught another one.

4. Katherine Wood

Katherine Wood New Member

I'm with a bunch of people saying she couldn't have snuck into the barn alive, I mean she would have been ripped to shreds. From the looks of it she suffered a nasty bite to the neck/shoulder but that was about it. I'm thinking more like she was getting attacked and she either managed to get away, or someone came and killed the Walker before it ate anymore of her. Otis probably put her in there and was killed before he could reveal her.

5. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

It was pretty much confirmed on Talking Dead by Robert Kirkman that it was in fact Otis who put her in the barn. I don't see any other explanation making sense.

6. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

Quoting myself from another thread:

7. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I did watch the talking dead...the Otis put her in the barn and no one else knew is what was supposed to have been conveyed, but I certainly don't think the story was clear on that and that is the only explanation, but it is what they want us to believe and how the writers viewed it.

I hope they do some flashbacks to explain the ins and outs of Sophia's adventure...

8. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree Walker. I doubt the writers would want us to know all the details about that until it comes back on again. "convey" is the keyword. They alluded to this, but it doesn't make it precise. Shane doesn't believe him of course. While I don't believe Hershel is a liar, I am still open to the possibility that he is lying about there, merely because he sees Shane being a big nutjob right now, wants to protect his family, and may fear that the truth may make everyone in that crowd go berserk and endanger his family.

9. Damrod

Damrod Member

Otis would have had to have a helper of some sort to put them in the barn. I dont see him being able to do it alone and even after Carl got well, the helper would have eventually wondered about what he was hearing and mentioned it to Hershel I would think.

10. Lucky

Lucky Member

I'd love to see some flashback as well. It would be interesting (though very sad) seeing what happened to her after Rick left her.

11. Maggie

Maggie Member

I agree - someone at the very least would have had to open the barn door. You can't manage a zombie, open the door, shove it in, unloop the leash, and shut the door against the onslaught of zombies inside without help. Right?

someone else at the farm knew about Sopia.

12. Belha

Belha Member

I love the flashbacks at the beginning of the episodes so i cant wait for an explanation of how Sophia got there.

13. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Thanks, Maggie...that is exactly what I mean...I understand the "clues" the producers dropped, but I don't think the story is completely foolproof the way it was presented. it seems like there were other ways it could have gone...So, just clarify it with a webisode or a flashback, that's all I am saying...

14. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

The only way I can think of Otis being able to put her in the barn by himself is if (and we haven't seen this) they had a double door set up like the corral in 'Day of the Dead'. So you are right SOMEONE had to know.

15. Jadewulf

Jadewulf New Member

hi, guys. i saw some of the guesses on how Sophia came to be in the barn. i agree that Otis probably brought her there after she turned and Otis was killed before he can let the group know that there was a kid in the barn.

however, i don't agree that she got attacked and turn. she is a small child. if she was attacked by the walkers, they would rip her to shreds. also, as i have said that she is a small child, if a walker get their hand on her. i don't think it is possible for her to get away with that little injury. the people in the farm does not kill any walkers. Maggie was the only only one that attack a walker to save Andrea, but the walker was still alive.

The period that Sophia was missing was 2 days before they got to the church. so my guess is that Sophia died of starvation and was turned after dead. There was blood on her neck, but too small to be a bite wound. if she was scratch, then maybe. but still an unlikely chance. starvation still seemed more likely than the other guesses i have come up with.

well, that is my theory on it. :) let me know what you guys think. :)

16. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

She would have had to of died the day she went missing for your theory to work, because the next day is the day Otis shoots Carl. Once he shoots Carl, they run to the farm and then him and Shane leave to get supplies and Otis never returns!! So for Otis to wrangle her into the barn as a walker, it would have had to of been either the day she went missing or the next day before he shot Carl. We know they just had a meal at the cdc before they got stuck on the highway, all though we don't technically know how many days ago that was.

17. Damrod

Damrod Member

Not enough time to starve to death. She got bit or scratched and got away like a child does probably that same day.

18. Jadewulf

Jadewulf New Member

yes, i do agree that she may be scratch, though i don't think she can be bitten. she's small. for her to be bitten, it would definitely show it on the body. also, to twl2082, i think it been awhile since they were at the CDC. at least 1 or 2 day already, she is a small kid. her hunger limit is less than that of an average human. a man/woman can go a few days, but for her. i think 1 day is a dramatic time for her already. though, i am not certain when was the last time she had a meal. also, people who were scratch or bitten, the wound would deteriorate a lot til they they die. which mean if she was scratch, we still can see a big wound in place of where her scratch is.

i don't see any wound on her where she came out of the barn, just some dried blood on her neck.this made me think that she died of some cause other than bitten.

19. Maggie

Maggie Member

Only one 24 hour period passes between Sophia running from the highway and Carl getting shot. Only way it works is that she got bit, and then somehow died from injuries.... So, how about this.....

Day 1 - mid morning: Sophia runs into the woods. She gets bit that night, but somehow gets away. Sophia dies and turns into a walker that night. Same day that Rick/Daryl find the walker and open it's stomach. They return to the RV that night.

Day 2 - First day of searching - Otis finds zombie-Sophia that morning and puts her in the barn. This is the day they finds the church. After searching the church, tHe others return to the RV while Rick, Shane, and Carl stay to keep searching thinking Sophia may have heard the bells. Right after they split up, Otis shoots Carl and then goes with them to the farm, then leaves with SHane to get medical supplies and ultimately dies at the school without telling anyone about Sophia.

I'm basing this on the thought that she was not torn up when she came out of the barn, so she MUST have gotten away from the inital walker attack. But she's not really torn up, so it couldn't have been a serious bite. However, not enough time passes for her to succumb to just the infection. It took the dude that got bit when Amy died a full day to get really sick, and then he was still alive when they left him on the road to the CDC. Maybe she fell off a roof or out of a tree or something... could be broken bones.. whatever...but she didn't appear to have a massive enough walker bite/wound to die just from that, and not enough time passed to die from the infection...so she had to have died from something else after being bitten.....

#19 Maggie, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  20. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

That's inaccurate. Both children and adults can go much longer than a couple of days (never mind one day) before dying of starvation. Typically, a couple of weeks at least. However, neither adults nor children can last longer than days without water. She neither died from starvation nor dehydration. There was a bite mark on her neck, possibly from that first angry jesus looking like zombie with the bloody mouth. She likely was grabbed, yanked herself away as he was biting her neck, and probably, the carotid artery or jugular vein was bitten and she bled out. But then I would have expected the group to find a blood trail.