Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

i'm sorry but i don't get this

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Gustavo LaPizza

sorry for this to be my first post, don't wanna seem the kind of guy that can only complain, but these last two episodes had really no sense whatsoever.

It's like 2 or 3 years this zombie apocalypse has started. Rick's original group from Atlanta have now become like the most badass guys you can find around. they've been trough everything they could, they survived, they know better.
    the guys from Alexandria, originally they were all a bounch of pussies but now they are perfectly aware of what's the danger outside the wall, they're training to fight and they know how hard and dangerous it can be.
    And yet, all of a sudden, right in the middle of a potentially disastrous conflict with the saviours:

they all start acting completely random for no valid reasons!

- the only doctor they have decides she wants to take a walk outside for no real reason. she gets killed

- the only engineer they have decides he wants to take a walk outside, ok he may actually have a reason ( he want to look for a place where he may start to produce bullets ). Yet once is there he behaves like a child, has an argument with abrham wich ( no matter if thanks at least to his military training should know best ) just leaves him there alone: result he gets captured

- Carol decides she can't kill anymore, so she feel she may endanger her group and she leaves ( knowing for sure they will come to look for her no matter what, therefore still putting them in danger ).
    Since she can't kill anymore the very first 5 guys she met on her way she kill them all, pulling a clint eastwood move with a magic gun, small enough to fit in a sleeve, powerful enough to fire in bursts and precise enough to hit 5 targets out of 5 at 50 meters distance. We'll never know what gun was that of course. Still, She gets wounded.

- Daryl out of nowhere decides he wants his one on one revenge on two-faces, wich by the way outsmarted him every single time they met. You don't say, he gets outsmarted again and he gets shot.

- Michonne and Glenn, and Rosita decide to leave the whole group undefended ( with his pregnant wife and her now adopted two sons behind ) putting all at risk in order to try to keep safe just one guy who by the way has proven multiple times to be able to look for himself. They all get captured

- Rick decides to go and look for carol, without having the slightest idea where to look for her, leaving again the whole group undefended ( or what's remaining of the group since by now half of them are out the walls for some reason ).
    He brings with himself the only guy that doesn't want to kill anyone therefore putting himself at risk, because if they meet some saviors his stubborness can cost both lives. in the end he also gives him his gun, knowing he will never use it and depriving himself of a precious weapon he would surely use it if needed. result of their rescue mission: Morgan goes missing

-
    Tara and the black guy with the dreadlocks ( no racism here i just don't remember his name ) are like missing for more than a week now. Nobody cares even after all the killings and fightings. On the other hand Carol runs away during the night, the next morning they are already out looking for her.

not to mention the fact that when they see that Carol had an encounter with the saviors, realizing that they were directed to Alexandria, instead of pulling back as fast as they can to see if the group is in any danger they decide to take a walk in the fields and have a small chat ( notice that they're smart enough to follow carol's traces but dumbs enough to not notice there's a guy still around, just checking the blood on the seats would be enough to ring their bells ).

last two episode had no sense whatsoever ( if not to brute force things to settle in a way they'll make the right conditions for the season finale ) .

#1 Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Tara and Heath aren't missing. They're on a two week supply run. This was mentioned in an earlier episode. This is why they refer to how "Tara is going to take it hard when she finds out that Denise is gone" or something along those lines. She doesn't know yet because she's been gone for a while.

Regarding Denise, she had good reasons for wanting to go. She's finally realizing the reality of her situation, and she wants to take steps to better prepare herself for it. This can be likened to Father Gabriel going to find a walker to kill. She needs to prove to herself that she can do it. She's the one that discovered the location, and wanted to be there to help identify the meds that they'd need. Daryl and Rosita ended up just taking all of it, but she didn't assume that this would be the case.

Eugene isn't an engineer, he's just really smart. But regardless, that made perfect sense to me. He saw an opportunity to start producing bullets, and decided to investigate it. That's not random. It's good thinking, and it's the exact type of thinking that Eugene should have as the pseudo-engineer of the group. He's discovering how he can contribute to the group, and taking steps to make it happen.

Regarding Rick giving Morgan a gun...that wasn't "Rick's gun" as in his Colt Python. It was a gun that he had just looted off of a dead Savior. He wasn't running off unarmed, and the ASZ doesn't have a shortage of guns. They probably have more guns than they have people to use the guns.

Regarding the rest, I agree for the most part. Everyone seems to be acting kind of out of character right now.

#2 QuantumCurt, Mar 28, 2016
  3. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I think you're correct in that the writers have been more concerned with getting the pieces in place for the finale than they've been about the characters acting out of character. What you need to decide as a viewer is if stupid/questionable decision making from the group trumps compelling storytelling.

4. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

5. Gustavo LaPizza

i know it's all made to set the right conditions for the season finale, but it's like watching an episode of Bear Grylls where he survives an exploding vulcano, an earthquake, a tsunami, he walks trough a desert, all without a scratch, and in the end he dies cause he needs to take a pee and of all the places where he could pee he decides to pee over an electric fence and gets electrocuted, if you know what i mean.

6. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Ok, here we go.

- Denise did not decide to 'walk out for no reason'. She went with Daryl and Rosita to an apothecary for medical supplies. The fact that she went along means nothing, considering Eugene would've still been captured, and either Rosita or Daryl would of been killed, and the other taken hostage to use as leverage in Alexandria.

- How is it the group's fault that Eugene got captured by Dwight?

- Carol had no choice in killing those men. They were going to hurt her friends, and they were going to capture her.

- Daryl was already pissed at Dwight because he used HIS crossbow to kill Denise. So he feels like he played a part in her death. And so what if Daryl was outsmarted? There not godscends, it's gonna happen to them sometimes.

- But Alexandria isn't undefended. There's still lots of people there. And including people like Sasha, Abraham and Rick.

- How is Morgan a threat? In fact he saved that armored man, who wasn't affiliated with the Saviors, and is a possible member of The Kingdom. Killing him would have hurt Alexandria's future relations with them. And Rick gave him his gun, so what? They have A LOT of guns back home. There's a reason why the Hilltop began trading with them for weapons.

- You may not remember, but Tara and Heath went on a 2-Week run. That's why they haven't shown up.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

8. Gustavo LaPizza

she's a dead weight outside the wall, she knows it, they knows it. They're in the middle of a conflict, yet like a kid she hold her breath till they agree to bring her with them. No matter if the priority of the group should be to keep her alive no matter what since she has medical skills. Also she's useless outside cause they know where the mentioned apothecary is and as they said once there they would just take everything they can find.

i never said it's group fault. I also said Eugene is the only one who may actually have a reason to go out, they're in a conflict and he may have found a way to make ammunitions, the sooner the better, and he needs to check if his intuition his right. Still, and i forgot to mention it, once he's there he acts himself like a kid, and than Abrhams leaves him unprotected for a very stupid reason ( a military man should know better ). Result he gets captured.

how would it be different if they were attacking alexandria and she's inside? If she can kill for survival and self defense outside, she can do the same inside. Just like morgan she can ask to not take parts in further raids and just stay at the camp and defend it if needed.

so what's the best thing to do in his shoes? stay with everybody, defend them, and when dwight shows up go for him and take his revenge. Or going alone, leaving everyone behind, searching for the guy that stole his bike, his crossbow and had the clear chance to kill him every single time they met?
    Are you telling me that after 3 years in a zombie apocalypse, after all he went trough, he still hasn't learned that you don't blindly follow your feelings but you use reason and try to figure out the possible way to solve a situation?

oh yeah, middle o a conflict, the best fighters are Glenn ( out ) Rick ( out ) Morgan ( out ) Michonne ( out ) Rosita ( out ) Daryl ( out ) Carol ( out ), Tara ( out ) but i'm pretty sure a 10 years old, a pregnant woman Eugine, Tobin and all the red shirts that basically never shot a real bullet till now will be more than enough to defend by themselves.

is a threat because if he doesn't want to kill and somebody is shooting at you he becomes basically useless. Also if they killed that man nobody would have known it since there are no witnesses so no damage done to future relations. After Rick gave his gun to him, Rick had to go back to Alexandria, with Saviors potentially roaming around ( and a wounded one that is directed in their direction ). He may find himself in the situation of being outside during a fight like Carol at Terminus and he has renounced to the gun .

A supply run that is basically useless since now hilltop provides for Alexandria.
    Also don't you think it would be the case to tell them ( i assume they have radios or something ) "please come back as soon as you can, we need you home, it's dangerous out there now?
    damn, they've met saviours every single time they went out lately, don't you think the obvious thing to do would be to get in touch with these two people?

[​IMG]

#8 Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 28, 2016
  9. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Denise doesn't have combat experience, but in a zombie apocalypse, wouldn't it make sense to want to get some combat experience? She was trying to better prepare herself for the realities of the world that she was finally coming to terms with. There's nothing questionable about this as I see it. It's really quite logical.

10. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

How is it useless? Hilltop is providing food and medicine, but that doesn't make a supply run useless. More supplies is never a bad thing, and there are surely plenty of things that Hilltop doesn't have. There are some good points here, but this is an utterly terrible one. Making a supply run is anything but useless.

11. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

This thread is useless.

12. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Aside from the part about Tara and Heath being missing (which others have touched upon already), I'm generally in agreement with your analysis. It boils down to an underlying stupidity being shown regarding how much of a threat the Saviors are. At the very least, Daryl, Rosita, Abe, and Eugene's report of their encounter with Dwight and Co. should have warned the rest of the group that despite their apparent victory at the communications compound, there are still some bad dudes running around out there. At least five survived the encounter on the train tracks, and they appeared to still be armed and knew where Alexandria was.

If I were living in Alexandria, I definitely would have pushed for increased vigilance at the walls and no unauthorized or small group forays outside the walls - with the exception of scouts doing recon work to try and give advance notice if any unfriendlies showed up unannounced (I believe they still have some walkie talkies that could help with that). I just don't get that they'd be so blasé about the possibly threats that they already know about.

And I totally agree about the idiocy of Rick and Morgan abandoning the town to go off half-cocked to find Carol. Once they found the truck (yet another indication that there were more bad guys still in the vicinity), they definitely should have high-tailed it back to Alexandria.

13. Gustavo LaPizza

sure it has sense, but everything in it's own time.
    Can't they find a bounch of zombies near the walls to make her do some practice?
    they are all perfectly aware they're in the middle of something, they still aren't even sure where Negan is.
    it's like the difference of going to take a walk in the wood, and going to take a walk in the wood during hunting season dressed like a Moose.

i'm not saying they should have not gone. if i'm not wrong they went away more or less at the same time Abrham and Eugene left, therefore they were oblivious of the last things that happened.
    but the point is, if they have some sort of communication ( radio, walkie talkie, smoke signs, whatever ) shouldn't they by now tell them to come immediately back to Alexandria cause outside is more dangerous than they tought and their fighting skills are more needed back home than some can of beans?

And if they have no communications, shouldn't they go and look for them?
    I mean, Carol was aware of the danger, decided to leave on her own initiative, wrote them down not to go look for her: they immediately go and look for her even if they don't know where to look.
    The two guys are scavenging around, oblivious about anything happening, they're in danger and they don't even know it, the group probably know where to find them ( i assume when they go for supplies they tell someone where they're planning to go ): nobody cares about them.
    Doesn't make sense at all.

#13 Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 28, 2016
  14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

They need a complete overhaul of the writing staff.. They F@@k up the most basic things, that's the frustrating part.

AMC does have some Great writers, just watch Better Call Saul.

15. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Denise has to learn how to survive. Regardless, she's gonna end up out there. It's better Denise knows how to survive than to be completely unprepared. And she obviously wants to prove her worth, even past her doctoring skills, that's why she wanted to go in the first place, she wanted to face her fears.

Is there a problem or inconsistency with Eugene starting to act cocky? He thinks he's tough sh*t now, but Abraham knows better. Abraham left Eugene on his own to prove a point: that Eugene has his skill set, and Abraham has his own. Nobody can do everything. And Abraham could have never known that more Saviors were out there creepin' on Eugene.

I have no idea what's going on with Carol right now, that's all I can tell you.

Emotions have clouded Daryl's decision making. That happens constantly with him, as well as all the characters on this show. That's the entire reason there's conflict in the first place. Daryl isn't thinking logically right now, he's acting off of anger. So I'd expect him to do things out of the norm.

I'm sure that the Alexandrians can handle their own now, considering what they went through with the herd. And you have to realize that this is a unprecedented emergency, there was no planning involved in any of this at all.

So you're saying if Rick killed that man their possible relations with The Kingdom wouldn't have been wrecked? If Rick and Daryl killed Jesus, would their relations with the Hilltop been damaged? I definitely think so, without a doubt.

The Hilltop provides FOOD for Alexandria, that's all.

But they can't get into touch with them. Because they're missing. Carol nor Daryl had a radio on them at the time. And why would they?

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What was stupid with Eugene was starting a fight with Abraham out in the middle of nowhere. What possible good could have come from that?

17. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Two birds with one stone. She needed practice. She found an apothecary that probably had medicine. She wanted to come along to get medicine and some practice at the same time. This is pretty straightforward.

Tara and Heath left on their supply run straight from the Saviors compound. They didn't leave at the same time as Eugene and Abe. They'd already been gone for days, and possibly weeks at this point. It's not like they had just left and could be quickly called back.

Honestly, most of your complaints sound like little more than a lack of attention to detail.

You say that they had no idea where to look. They did. They saw that she took a car. They saw that the tracks went east. That was their best bet, so they went east. Sure enough, they found her, or at least found her trail.

18. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Eugene got too damn cocky, that's what. He thinks he's all this now, but Abraham knows better.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but BCS isn't THAT good of a show.

20. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Agreed, BCS is alright, but it wouldn't stand on its own without Breaking Bad supporting it. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not completely engaged with it like I was with Breaking Bad.