Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm sorry - could Andrea get any dumber?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by Alina, Mar 19, 2013.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Nah. We already know who the real Comic Andrea is.

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

If it means I get to sleep with Rick, I'm in.

3. HondaS2kXD

Well... Eventually.

4. TheWalkingHorn

LOL oh god. In that case I think I'll brush up on my katana skills.

5. HondaS2kXD

Comic Michonne or TV Michonne?

or Jesus? ;)

6. TheWalkingHorn

TV Michonne! :D

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kate Bosworth, while beautiful has a very youthful face. I think someone older was a great idea and i can see why people disliked Laurie in the role because some of the personality traits made her character seem very different from the comic where she didn't really get a whole lot of development early on until the prison arc started kicking off. While i found it a little odd, i liked the change because at-least her character had a bit of presence. While we'll never truly now, i do like to think that by this point in the story she would've become much more numb to things like that similar to that of Michonne, Carol and Sasha.

I also wouldn't say she f*cked up a whole lot other than shooing Daryl though. The Governor and Shane weren't really f*cking up on her part until S3B when the Governor truly started showing his colours to her.

I think it's just my personal taste in characters though, i like seeing flawed characters who have one or two bad traits; it's what makes them human because the reality is that people would be f*cking up all the time in that world. And more often than not, it would end in death. Andrea never caused anyone's death, if anything she died trying to save everyone but she was still a flawed, human being and i think that's what i liked about the TV version as opposed to the comic, she wasn't just a badass like so many other characters. Take Daryl for example, other than his original S1 characterisation of which seems to be completely scrapped because Mazzara liked changing characters completely int he space of an episode, he's pretty perfect. The only flaw i can really see is how he distances himself from people when he suffers something awful like losing a loved one and that really isn't a flaw.

8. HondaS2kXD

Okay, good. I think for the most part the comic and the show each do some things better than the other, but Michonne is definitely cooler on TV. FACT.

also,

9. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

While i love TV Michonne far more than Comic Michonne, i really do wish that they''d left in her tendency to use sex as an output. It would probably irritate all of the feminazis because god forbid if a woman enjoys sex the way most men are portrayed to in Hollywood but oh well. Plus, i think we would all like to see Danai get a nude scene.

10. HondaS2kXD

meh.

[​IMG]

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Personally I think comic Michonne's relience on sex is very interesting. She uses sex as a way of coping and feeling some form of physical and emotional connection. She's a lonely woman who craves human contact. It adds a different layer of depth to her.

Of course, if this element to her character had been kept in the show she'd just be branded a slut. Because women. And sex. Bad.

12. TheWalkingHorn

See I think it just makes her character look weak. If she was simply doing it for the pleasure of sex, that'd be different. I don't think she does it for physical reasons.

13. TheWalkingHorn

I totally get it. I love Glenn, the guy who most people think has gone soft, and Carl, whom people either think is a little brat, or they just don't bother with him at all.

14. TheWalkingHorn

I'm not sure I've ever replied to my own comment, but here goes...

This whole scenario we're discussing with (comic) Michonne does add to her character flaws, like @TGO was saying. It makes her more human and less all out bad ass like TV Michonne. But who doesn't love all out bad ass tv Michonne. I don't want to know.

#194 TheWalkingHorn, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  15. HondaS2kXD

I think Glenn has improved in season 5. Back to full season 1 Glenn strength.

Carl on the other hand is not a brat. No, he's more like a little shit. I hope somebody shoots him him the face.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HondaS2kXD

Well, The Governor, for starters. And the claimer she shot. And the termite she beat down.

But but aside from them, nobody.

17. TheWalkingHorn

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. mitsukeru

mitsukeru Member

As a girl that hasn't read the comics (you punks don't spoil if I'm right or wrong!) I can totally say for TV Michonne that as how they portrait her I thought she was a lesbian. I firstly thought about it with Andrea and now I just see the looks he gives to men (like craving for something but not doing anything). I'd totally love a lesbian Michonne!

19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I see it as more of a vulnerability than a weakness, myself. I mean, Michonne's a tough as nails hardass, but she's also got this side of her that craves companionship. I like that. It makes her… flawed. Not completely perfect. Human.

I do prefer TV Michonne a lot more though. Her relationship with Carl and Rick, her personality… a lot more enjoyable than comic Michonne. But if they'd decided to keep the sexuality aspect of Michonne on TV, I would have been okay with it. :)

20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I like Glenn, he was one of my favourites in S1-S2 and then again in S4-S5. I think when the whole Governor / Maggie situation went down, his character just suffered for a couple of episodes because they didn't really know how to write him in a situation like that and just kept trying to shove it down our throats that he was upset over it all. I mean, sure it's a terrible thing to happen but we don't need 8 episodes of it just jumping out at us.