Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm worried about Eugene, and the because...

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Jen7, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned in a thread last week that perhaps Eugene does redeem himself, but also dies in the finale and becomes the first character who redeems himself in death...

So that got my wheels turning, and suddenly I'm finding more & more clues that there might be merit to this:

Clue 1: Back in season 6 finale, he gave Rick detailed instructions on how to make bullets...so they can carry on his legacy of bullet maker.

Clue 2: Georgie gave Maggie a binder full of things that Eugene would be most likely to know how to do, making him a little less necessary in the rebuilding/advancing process.

Clue 3: he's had quite the story arc, and even came the closest to having his own bottle episode this season.

Clue 4: He has become less and less redeemable to the people of Alexandria (as we saw with Rosita & Daryl) along with viewers (even though i still think he is redeemable) so to me it seems like a sure fire way to redeem him is in his death. Maybe he has a plan with the bullets, and gets killed in the process.

Maybe this is just me mentally preparing myself to lose one of my favorite characters...but I'm legitimately worried about our beloved mullet man.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I'd missed Clue Two myself, but I'd reached the same conclusion. Georgie just clinches it :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see him make it past this, but I have a bad feeling...

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ughhhh you might be right. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm worried too, but staying optimistic. To help ease your mind, think of these things: Georgie gave them a book, but only so much content can be in one book, and plus it still takes a smart person to follow the instructions. In the comics, Eugene used books to build the windmill and the bread making doohickey. He told this to Rick. And in the show he told Negan he gets his knowledge from 'reading a lot'. So maybe Eugene is put in charge of that book, and making the things in the book come to fruition.

And during the writing of Season 6 they wouldn't have Eugene's death planned out yet, I don't think. I think they just had Eugene give Rick the bullet instructions to show us that Eugene really was being brave and knew there was a good chance he might die during that plan. I don't think that event would really sway his death decision one way or another now.

He also has a lot more story in the comic, but of course as we say recently that doesn't necessarily mean anything :p

And we've had a couple other 'redemption in death' story arcs before, like Merle and Owen, so they might not feel the need to finally get one of those out of the way. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. PepperAnn

Who is Owen? LMAO (I'm serious lol) :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Nevermind I googled. LOL I never knew they gave him a name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong!

[​IMG]

True - not everyone could pick up a book and suddenly be able to apply it and build a windmill. That does make me feel better :p I'm still keeping my guard up though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Yeppers :p. And when you think of it, this even makes MORE sense than if Eugene just randomly knew how to build an efficient windmill and other things. The more I think of it the more it makes sense to me that the book is for Eugene.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right!

Plus we need more of a back story on him to see if my MadLib story was at all accurate:

http://walkingdeadforums.com/forum/threads/twd-mad-libs.217082/page-4#post-9463772

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can actually imagine this scene happening:

Eugene made a pooface as he sharted down at the table.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think that Eugene will be fine. And I am holding out hope that in some way he either redeems himself or at the very least gives us a glimpse of his road to redemption and come season 9 and the time jump we will see the end result of that journey. Carl believed in Eugene enough to include him in his vision of the future. Good enough for Carl, good enough for me!!

I am more worried about Gabriel.
    . Could this possibly be something of a catalyst that snaps Eugene out of the NeganLoveFest mode? Does something happen during that moment where Eugene ALMOST meets his cheese-maker and Gabriel sacrifices himself in order to save Eugene????? I really do not want to lose Gabriel....I have grown to like his character.

I had the same thought about the book. If someone gave me a book with instructions on how to repair a car transmission I would still be lost as a goose! Eugene's skill set will be needed. I am not all that worried about his survival....I am more concerned with his mindset and if he can come back from being in Negan mode.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

15. Sully

Sully Active Member

Eugene the first character to redeem himself in death?

Please...Merle did that years ago!

Unless you're talking about Eugene redeeming himself post mortem, where the bullets are sabotaged but we only find out after he's dead.

16. PepperAnn

She didn’t say the first. Lol

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I did, but I guess I didn’t think of Merle the same because wasn’t he already back with the group before he died? It’s been a while since I’ve watched those episodes.

What I mean @Sully is yes, he dies before or right around the same time they find out he helped them. So he was never back with them before death, they realize what he did during or after his death.

18. PepperAnn

Oops. I even went back to read your post but I read the last paragraph and not the first. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I can't take another Andrea death :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Man you're right, there would be a lot of similarities there...with her getting tangled up with the Governor, yet still trying in vain to bring the two groups together (during the meeting between Rick & the gov) and Eugene getting tangled up with Negan. There are some parallels there for sure...hopefully not with a death too!