Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Imdb rating for this episode is a 7.3 out of 10!?

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by AliceInAlderaan, Mar 4, 2014.

1. AliceInAlderaan

I'm sorry but what? That's the lowest rating for an episode of TWD that has ever been for an episode.
    It actually managed to bring the overall rating down to an 8.7.
    I know that people thought this episode was bad but that bad? I personally thought it was great.
    One of my favorite episodes for season 4. I know imdb is lame but still, out of every episode ever released, this one is considered the worst?

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

imbd is internet purgatory anyway. Their opinions don't matter.

3. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

People don't understand character development. Not to mention that the people on imdb aren't exactly the brightest folks out there.

4. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I think some of the fan response has more to do with Beth, than it being a terrible episode. She's basically been a prop for 40+ episodes, and now she's being featured with the show's most people character. There are just a lot of viewers who would have rather seen that time spent on a character they are more invested in.

5. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

beth will die soon.

6. HeadlessHershel

The show needs more young blood so all those Twihards watch. Maybe a guest appearance by Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus. lol

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

^ This.

When will people realize that IMDB is the cesspool of internet movie/TV discussion and ratings?

8. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

It's gone down even lower now. Overall, IMDB is garbage, I stopped going there a long time ago.

9. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

First part of Still was excellent : we saw a well-balanced mix of action, fear, psychology, unexplained or suggested things... Writing, directing and acting were good until moonshine game in the cabin. After that they ruined a good story with uninteresting and unsubtle plot, and actors being lousy at playing drunk people; I felt like I was watching a noisy reality show or a stupid teenage drama far from the ZA.
    First part : 9/10 Second Part : 2/10

10. amiexist

amiexist New Member

To be honest, from that title, I couldn't tell if you thought that rating was too weak or too generous... //dead

#10 amiexist, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  11. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

To be fair, They're slightly less intelligent than an actual Walker would be, and I don't think we should insult walkers. But I would be ok with it if they played extra stupid walkers that got slaughtered in an extra brutal manner.

12. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

IMDB is a board where nitpickers are nitpicking every movie and show in existence. Even your critically acclaimed dramas are at risk there.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the internet lol. it could be worse. It could be 4chan.

14. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah the TWD msg board is especially bad on IMDb, out of 10 threads per each page, maybe 3 are related to the show, the rest are about poop and/or totally off topic BS. Even the decent threads about the show get ripped apart.

15. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

As awful as 4chan has become(always was), it's done a lot for internet culture. IMDB got bad before Youtube got bad.

16. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

What IMDB needs is heavy moderation. Even Wikipedia can combat vandalism well.

17. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah people are constantly posting threads in TWD board pleading with the mods/admins to clean it up. But it only makes it worse as these threads are slammed by the trollers and the IMDb staff don't seem to care about monitoring their stuff. At least from what I've seen.

I think folks on this forum are great and the mods do a good job here. Ok sucking up a little hahahah

18. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

TWD IMDB is an amazing place, the theorists there are enlightening.

19. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The most hilarious thing about this thread is that if you take a mean average of the scores in the "how would you rate this episode" thread here in TWD forums, the average comes out to 7.08 out 10. We liked it even less here than they did folks.

You are free to check my math - add up all the points, divide by the total possible points based on # points if everyone voted 10, and you get 70.8% rating.

Do the same for the last episode 411 and you get 78.9% in comparison.
    410 got 79.8%
    409 got 77.3%

Sorry, just a math nerd, and you have to admit it's kind of funny.I agree that IMDB boards are horrible and in general low intelligence, but their low score for the episode is certainly possible to be more of a reflection of the general fanbase's opinion on the episode than IMDB people being their usual selves.

#19 Spidey, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  20. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Who cares how they rate an episode? Many of those members/haters deliberately give the worst rates and I don't really give a damn about them. If this episode is 10 for you, then it's 10.