Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

In Memoriam of - season 5

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by Sharpie61, Mar 27, 2015.

1. ChocoboPrincess

ChocoboPrincess New Member

Exactly the same here. It's weird. Other people are really horrified at harm coming to child characters but it's always elderly ones for me. I watched all of seasons 1-4 of the Walking Dead in like the month before season 5, and when Dale and Hershel came I had to check the Walking Dead wikia to see when they were going to die so I'd know in advance and it wouldn't hit me too hard. Especially Hershel. He was my very favourite and I would say the most genuinely good character, not only in the Walking Dead but in every show I can think of. I started spacing the episodes out more, watching it more slowly when I got to the latter half of season 3, because I wanted to put his death off for as long as possible. There's been a Hershel-shaped hole in the show for me ever since his death.
    After seeing an elderly couple, happy, in Alexandria (Bob and Natalie Miller), my stomach is almost in knots worrying about their fate and the fate of the safe zone. I won't be able to bear it if/when something happens! I can only hope it is secured and that they are among the survivors. When Reg died tonight (I'm in the UK so only just watched it), I thought, "Nooo, why'd it have to be him?" He just looked so helpless, and it was right after he'd been saying he was going to vouch for Rick etc.

2. Lewirox

Lewirox Member

WHAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    season 5 sucked but 2 reallllyyyy

3. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

So basically you just want gore and fighting and no drama. If it wasn't for slower drama periods the action would be just mindless.

In the comic it was a bit more soap opera than what was even on TV. They had Halloween parties.

#23 Benrai2k, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

I heard the comics have some cringe-inducing dialogue that would never get past on TV....

5. SStark

SStark Active Member

[video=youtube;lD5MSp-Jwz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD5MSp-Jwz4[/video]

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Buttons, your death broke my heart. Good for you, living for so long in the ZA. We would have saved you if we could have.

7. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

Drama in episode 15- Try was great. Drama in episode 9 & 10 were not bad. Apart from that, all other Alexandra episodes as well as the action episodes in hospital arc were poorly written and directed.

#27 StoryLine, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  8. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

RIP Reg. As others have said, his death hit me harder than might have been expected. He was genuinely kind, thoughtful (in both sense of the word), and helped soften Deanna's harder edges. It's not sexy, but I have a soft spot for reasonable characters who don't lunge wildly into their scenes.

9. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I thought episode 12 was really good. I actually thought 9-10 were weak compared to the ASZ episodes. 9 was very gimmiky and I felt 10 could have been a lot grittier. I liked them, that is for sure, but drama-wise didn't feel it. I think it is easy to assume drama is "soap" when it deals with the group living in a community. And tbh, that is how it will be sometimes as they try and create a society.

#29 Benrai2k, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  10. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I thought Reg's death was really sad for the limited time we knew him. I don't mind if "only red shirts" die tbh, as long as they evoke some feeling. Lizzie and Mika were "good ones" too.

11. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

It's good to have a range of opinions on this forum. For me, 5B was perhaps the best run of consistently good episodes ever...

• Like Like x 1
  12. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I wonder if the red poncho will continually make an appearance on the show... kinda like the orange backpack.

13. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

14. lovedaryl

I wonder if we'll ever see Daryl in that poncho again. I kinda doubt it. I mean, it most likely got lost/left at Terminus. And now he has a black leather jacket, rips and all.

He made a good run of it. In fact, at the time he was wearing it, I didn't even really think anything of it. It's just been afterwards that it's kind of become its own entity. LOL.

15. BetterAngel

Ya I know. And it was definitely less of a Daryl signature wardrobe piece like his winged vest is, but he looked so great in it nonetheless. I think if he'd have been wearing JUST the poncho, it would've been much better lol!!!

16. lovedaryl

Oh, Angel, you're BAD!!!! I love it! ;)

Yeah, or, just the angel wings vest, and nothing else!

17. BetterAngel

[​IMG]

18. PapSett

PapSett Member

Yeah, but just think how chaffed he would have gotten on the bike..

19. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I really liked Reg - and it is a little creepy, that he died because of the stupidity of one douchebag - like his would-be student Noah two episodes before.