Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

In the past has any trailer actually given away a death?

Discussion in 'Episode 1008 - The World Before' started by Chr1s, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Thinking back to all the previous trailers and teasers, many of which teased character deaths. But have any of them actually shown something that in hindsight proved that the tease was really what happened?

In the trailer for 10B, there are two scenes that heavily imply a character death. So our instinct is to believe that those moments are red herrings. But I wonder if that's not the twist. That they actually tease a death(s) in the trailer that will actually play out like that.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Whose deaths were teased? I suck at deciphering what the hell is going on in the trailers. Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Trailers are so misleading usually, but

That seems like a major spoiler to me and would lessen the impact if he’s the one that gets eaten.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The closest I can remember was back in S5, one of the trailers for episode 502 showed Bob Stookey getting pulled under the water by a walker. Turned out that is in fact how he got bitten.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. Actually seeing basically the death scene in the trailer, making us think that character won't die. At least like that. Only to actually have them die like that.

Yes, the spoiler above is exactly what I'm referring to in this trailer. It looks like a bite scene, which makes me immediately think that will not happen because they would never show it in the trailer. To the point where it would actually be shocking if it does happen like that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Another curious moment in the trailer is Michonne appearing as she did when she was first introduced. Hair looks like it's on both sides of her head, wearing the same hood from her first scene, and holding chains.

Seems like the trailer is implying we get another flashback to before she met the group. Could she be getting something from her comic storyline?

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not think it is a flashback. She appears to be wearing a cape of sorts at the :14ish mark in the trailer. And enough material at her neckline that it could be a hoodie

8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Y’all don’t forget in S3 they showed Carol hiding behind Axel’s body in the promo for that episode. Tsk tsk.

Tom’s death from Fear was sort of spoiled too and that was recent, Season 5. Smh.

• Like Like x 1