Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Incentive to not KOS

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by AlmightyBrad, Feb 21, 2015.

1. JohnM81

JohnM81 New Member

this has been tried in other survival games and found to not work at all. they tried it in stomping land. it resulted in ppl racing to get the weapons then rwturning to slaughter the freash spawns that had no means of defense over n over.

2. ASMS_Leader

ASMS_Leader Member

I could agree with this if they do another wipe otherwise you're just opening up new players to be at a HUGE disadvantage to the 20man kill squads already out there with sky tower bases and tons of loot... By doing that I see a huge amount of the player base being turned off and not really wanting to play in fear of all the hard earned gear being wiped again. Although, I see there be a couple wipes occurring over the next year while they get everything stable but oh well. I'll still enjoy myself lol

3. shugoh

shugoh Member

That is one of the most idiotic replies ive ever read. Thanks, i had a laugh; at your lack of intellect.

4. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

That's not nice, I think you should apologize :/

Also, if you didn't understand what he meant, I think he was saying that if you went into a PvP server expecting something else, you may not be suited for that kind of game play.

But what do I know, I'm just as "idiotic" as anyone :D

5. A N T H O N Y

A N T H O N Y Member

Thanks Ninja :D, just a griefer due to being KOs'd countless times poor soul :(.

6. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

Anytime! H1Z1 isn't only place hostile players exist :p

Just have to try and deal with them in the best way possible :D

And I feel like his first PvP experience (like mine) was horrible, but I kept going because I learned that I need to give it more chances before I write it off as bad. I love PvP servers, adds another element to survival.

7. shugoh

shugoh Member

I have played games since i was 4, that sums up to 22 years of gaming, all of which maybe 16 years of PVP gaming. Yes I know what PVP is. This is a survival game, not CoD, hence the PVP will(and should) differ between the games. PVP is not the same as being instantly shot at with a bow on sight, that is not realistic.

I repeat; This is a survival game, so the gameplay expected should align with that fact. In a real life apocalypse(if you think about it), would you expect everyone to make bows and become cold blooded murderers, killing everything in sight just to take their precious clothes? No, that would not happen.

Just because it says PVP on the tag, doesnt AT ALL mean that you should expect a ****ing bowfest in game. What you should expect is a survival game, with zombies, where the players HAVE THE ABILITY(as opposed to OBLIGATION) to kill other players.

So shove that "go play pve"-talk somewhere and go somewhere else.

8. Johansen

Johansen New Member

An idea:

Night time should be darker. this would add value to basic items such as the flash light and the torch (eventually "rigged light" as well). I have only rarely NOT thrown the starter flash light where i spawned to continue without it. It would also force the player to consider which quick slots to equip with weapons, light sources and/or tools. Encountering another player at night while scavenging would mean you'd have to be less effective in combat or hide and equip the more effective weapons.

fits nicely in the dev's plan to show equipped weapons/tools on char models anyway and could potentially show if you're a target or not for that combat hungry but ammo starved bandit play style. Friendlies, stealthy scavengers and bigger groups will still have their fun. With more zombies on top of this there would be numerous reasons to not KOS.

9. shugoh

shugoh Member

^ this

10. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

So obviously you were offended by my comment, which means my words will have no weight to you.

First off, sorry for offending you :/

I understand you might be getting killed a lot by bloodthirsty players with bows, but try going to a med population server, they seem less hostile there.

Also in an actual apocalypse, people would be a lot worse than what you see on DayZ or H1Z1. There'd be extreme torture (water boarding, ripping of nails, teeth slowly getting pulled or twisted your arm until the skin rips) just to get information on where you keep your valuables then they'd kill you. It's been shown, time and time again, when people are faced with grim situations, survival instincts and fear take over. (Wolf chews it's own paw to escape traps. Guy breaks his thumb to get out of ropes. Commander bombs a city to prevent an epidemic).

I don't feel obligated nor do I know many who do, to kill others in a PvP server. Though, if I feel threatened (like the bears in H1Z1) I will attack. You must have really bad servers because I just don't die like that unless I'm in a Very High populated server.

11. shugoh

shugoh Member

i dont get killed often by people with bows, and I have no idea how you came to that conclusion but whatever. I do get attacked lot with bows though, people that dont utter a word, they just start aiming at you like a ****ing retard.

If you think that is realistic, then you have quite a twisted sense of reality my friend. Yes it is known that SOME people goes crazy during situations of anarchy, but the keyword here is SOME. Most people are too scared to do anything, and i would say that this is the vast majority of people.

12. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

I think you really misunderstood me on realism. When I said people, I didn't mean ALL people or I would have said that. I hyper-rationalize things and understand the darkness comes out of some people in real life but since this is a game, people don't consider it morally wrong to do immoral and impractical things.

13. Padishar

Padishar New Member

i just wish people would stop hanging in the new character spawn areas to kill

14. Kevy

Kevy Member

There is not set spawn. Im not 100% sure but in DayZ new players would spawn at the bottom of the map but ive spawn everywhere even right next to pleasant valley.

15. pericoloco2000

pericoloco2000 New Member

Yes I agree, but with exceptions and making it a little bit more complex:

- Positive Karma must increase only once for each player you save. Also, the player you save must allow it, i mean, like pressing f1 heading towards you. only once because if so, friends will always use this to increase karma unfairly. If you kill this person after the F1 aknowledgement, your karma will drastically decrease.

- If you have friends (when friends module came in) who kill people and they are in a prudent distance from you, your karma will decrease (not as much as your kos friend, but a bit). This will increase the pressure for not killing like crazy.

- If you are shot, or aimed to your head, your karma will not decrease if you kill that person.

16. JohnM81

JohnM81 New Member

how do you propose countering those who are going to tirn up their gama?