Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Interesting question

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by walkerluver, Mar 3, 2013.

1. walkerluver

walkerluver Member

I re-watched episode 10 again and the Gov was willing to let Tyreese and his group go but not Andrea and Michonne. Why?

2. Dead man walking

Holy shit - can't be that interesting a question - no replies HA HA!!!

But, his camp is truly screwed and his blissful life shattered, so he couldn't give a rat's arse anymore I guess.

3. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

But... He did say he was willing to let Andrea and Michonne go, right? He only sent Merle after Michonne when she left.

He probably would have done the same to Tyrese's group.

4. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

The Governor says that to everyone, standard MO.

Main objective is to disarm people, he can't be trusted to mean what he says.

5. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

I wouldn't trust the Governor. If, I was passing by Woodbury. I'll move on. Look for a different shelter. Not stayed there.

6. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Well sure, but only if you knew what we all did by watching. The Governor had a tendency to be a silver-tongued devil. If you came upon Woodbury, it would look promising until it was too late.

7. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Woodbury would have been a nice refuge in the Z.A. as long as you didn't get on the wrong side of The Governor or any of his henchmen and just minded your own business and did what you were told.
    I would have never been able to live there.

8. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Exactly. It'll be like welcoming present. But once inside, if you knew how evil the Governor is. Unless, you pass by someone who used to lived in Woodbury, warn you not go into the town.

9. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

Yeah, until he gunned all of his people down lol.

10. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Right, that's why you should have added the rest of my quote in which said " I would have never been able to live there".
    What you said @Walker689 is exactly the reason why. The Governor was an obvious psychopathic tyrant, gunning all his own people down.

#10 The Wolf, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  11. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Nope. I live by the rule if it looks too good to be true it probably is. Would pass on Woodbury. Plus you should never trust someone with a silver tongue.

12. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

There have been a lot of instances in shows or movies where people were told everybody is free to go if they choose but nobody really "goes" anywhere. Chances are they wouldn't have been allowed to leave either. Or maybe he was initially suspicious of Andrea and Michonne. Who knows? All I know is that I would have happily stayed there with no problems forever and ever. The end.

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Sociopathic, narcissistic, and other manipulative-type personalities are difficult to spot at first. They've spent their lives perfecting their craft, and that's something that's hard for most of the rest of us to understand or recognize.

Yes, maybe Woodbury seemed a bit too perfect, but after spending some time on the run without rest, food, medical attention, etc., staying there would look like the best option. I can't fault any of the characters for giving it a try.

I wish I could recognize too-good-to-be-true situations more accurately and more quickly.

14. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Rick said it best: "Yeah, that's always the thing isn't it, don't get to know until we know."

15. rabscuttle1

Society has collapsed and you come across a town that, besides the walls surrounding the town, looks like every day life before the fall is still going strong, and all kinds of alarm bells don't go off then you've got problems. Because that indicates that your wish for something better is interfering with your ability to assess a situation beyond this looks safe. You have to ask yourself why are these people living so good before approaching. And the answers are going to be: these people are either very lucky, rob/kill other survivors for what they have, and most likely are being run by a tyrant in some form.

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I was making a cryptic and bitter joke about my own life in that last sentence, actually. :)

But yes, I agree that the characters should have been at least a bit suspicious of Woodbury, and maybe the most savvy survivors would have seen through the facade and avoided it. But for most, at first glance, it wouldn't have necessarily thrown up huge red flags. It was early on in the ZA, perhaps before survivors would have run into many unsavory characters, so if I were in that situation I'd probably still be in the mindset of people vs. walkers and that we all should be working together to help each other survive. Because it was so early on, it would have been possible for a group of that size to have scavenged a lot of supplies without having to rob or kill for them. So Woodbury would have seemed promising, especially since I'd be desperate to find a safe place and, as you say, perhaps that need would cloud my judgment a bit. And the Governor was a charismatic leader who always seemed to have a ready answer to quell suspicions, and he made the people feel safe by telling them what they wanted to hear. So I think it's reasonable that people got sucked in.

Once inside for a little while, however, alarm bells should have been ringing. If nothing else, that walker fighting event would have creeped me right out and sent me packing.

17. rabscuttle1

My use of you in my post wasn't directed at you personally. It was a collective you. Don't want you to think I was giving you shit or anything.

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

No worries; I understood. :) As for myself, I've gone the opposite direction and am now overly suspicious of everything.

[​IMG]

19. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I don't think he ever actually planned to let them walk out that gate. I think that's just one of the many, two-faced, charismatic, corrupt-politician plays in his playbook. Whenever someone start to unearth some of the more unsavory thing about Woodbury, but is unsure whether or not the allegations are founded; they go to the Governor and confront him, asking to leave as they do not want be a part of this anymore. He then talks them down with his manipulative, silver-tongued ways, and just when he has them starting to second guess themselves he offers to them--"But hey, you can leave if you'd like. It's not our perogative to keep you here by force. I can get them to open up the gates for you now if you'd like?" and in that moment of manipulation and reverse psychology, they think to themselves--"Well, if something suspicious is going on, and if he did have something to hide; why would he be so civil, and unshaken when hearing my concerns, and then willing to let me leave? I guess I'm just blowing things out of proportion, I'd better stay".

20. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

Ha. I know what you mean. Don't rock the boat. Stay under the radar.

That just makes me remember Milton. LOVED Milt. He was so kind, but he ultimately died. So his loyalty meant absolutely nothing to the governor.

I think, like you, I'd have stayed at Woodbury (though suspecting something was up!) but don't think I'd ever think to stay at Terminus. (unless all friends were already there. THEN that would be an internal struggle!)