Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Interviews & Articles 'Alone' 4x13

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Sharpie61, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Lauren Cohan interview with Mtv

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1723697/walking-dead-lauren-cohan-maggie.jhtml

Warning: If "The Walking Dead" hasn't driven you crazy yet, it's about to.

At least, that's the scoop according to star Lauren Cohan, who plays fierce former farmer Maggie Greene. Maggie takes center stage in this week's all-new episode, titled "Alone." And as has been the case since "The Walking Dead" returned from its midseason hiatus, Maggie has precisely one thing on her mind: Finding Glenn and the rest of her friends.
    'Walking Dead' Star Lauren Cohen Says The Show Gets 'Complete Insane'

"There's a boldness to Maggie," Cohan told MTV News. "She sees, for the first time, very clearly, what she needs to do. She's not going to let anybody stop her. As we'll see in this coming episode, it gets completely insane."
    Complete insanity is one way to describe "Alone." As another, Cohan called it "a very gnarly episode," which sees Maggie picking up "new techniques to send messages in trying to find her husband."
    Even though Maggie is devastated over losing Glenn, Cohan believes the separation between the show's only truly happy couple is necessary for both characters.

"I'm loving the storyline, because I feel the presence of Glenn so strongly when you're on [Maggie], and I feel the presence of Maggie so strongly when you're on Glenn," she said. "This little bridge that people are trying to cross to get back to each other, it creates so much tension. I think without this mission to find each other, we're not going to find out more about these characters. Yes, she's inextricably tied to her husband, but who does she become when she's in search of the thing she really needs?"

[​IMG]

The story benefits the growth of the characters, even if it's torturous for the characters. It's torturous for the actors, as well.
    "We never see each other," Cohan said. "It's been great, seeing the finished product; we get to go off on these little capsules and get to know characters that we really haven't gotten to know very intimately yet. Likelast week with Daryl and Beth, this whole expose of who they are and where they're coming from. That's all super-fun. But at points in the season, we really missed the camaraderie of mucking it together."

Luckily, the separation anxiety has led to the show's "best storytelling so far," in Cohan's estimation.
    "It's been a page-turner of an experience with these scripts, with the focus on new characters and going into more philosophical areas. It's been super stimulating," she said. "It's been nice to stop and ask these questions of, 'Do you get to come back from what you've done? Who are we now?'"

"It's my favorite season yet on a million levels," she continued. "You'll see why."

#1 Sharpie61, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Add your interviews & articles for 4x13 'Alone'..

3. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

Thanks [MENTION=26682]Sharpie61[/MENTION] for posting that article/interview. Maggie is one of my favorites, and Cohan is an awesome actress. Excited for this weeks episode.

Btw, everybody watch the video the link leads to. It includes a funny, vulgar moment by Cohan.

4. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

I LOVE Lauren.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

6. offrope

offrope Active Member

That's an awesome holster Maggie is wearing. Not to mention, she looks awesome wearing it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

not a fan of leather leg holsters myself but it does indeed look quite good on her.

8. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Not of a fan of the leg holster either, leather or otherwise. Bought one while back, all synthetic materials, with the side release polymer cargo buckles. I was so excited, and felt even cooler. Next day, strapped it one, loaded the range bag, and headed over to a buddy's personal outdoor range(300yds), to run some drills, and do some targeting and general plinking. Well, I was about 50 rounds in, running some holstering and unholstering drills, and generally breaking in the holster, getting acquainted with the mobility while wearing it. That's when it got snagged while I was vaulting over a split-rail fence, I fell flat on my face, and my SR45 was torn from the holster and slung about 10 yards away from me. Needless to, I took it off that day, and it's sat in the deepest, darkest depths of my closet ever since. That being said, it does look stunning on Cohan. There's something about those thighs, bounds in all those leather straps and steel buckles, just does something for me. LOL:zombies_lol:

Anyway, cool interview. And contrary to most criticisms, I have to agree with Cohan. I've really enjoyed the back half of season 4. It very satisfying seeing these vignettes. Getting an intimate look into certain characters who have tended to fade into obscurity when part of the ensemble cast. Not to mention, the separation adds a tenseness that has me more emotionally invested than I've been in a while. I feel like we're at a point now where people have finally made some difficult and permanent choices about themselves and their identity, that they have been avoiding for a while. I think we're finally about to see the true emergence of "what they've become", and a complete, whole-hearted acceptance of that new identity. Once and for all laying to rest the person they were, and a life that exists now only in their dreams and memories. The theme of acceptance, and moving on has been prevalent, and Carol summed it up best..."That's somebody else's slideshow."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-spoilers-lauren-cohan-687075
    'Walking Dead' Dissection: Lauren Cohan Says It's Time for Maggie to Become a Warrior Again

6:59 PM PDT 3/9/2014 by Lesley Goldberg

The actress talks with THR about Terminus, threats to Beth and Daryl and what's ahead in the remaining three episodes of season four.

[​IMG]

AMC
    "The Walking Dead's" Lauren Cohan

[Warning: This story contains spoilers from episode 413, "Alone," of AMC's The Walking Dead as well as the comic series it's based on.]

AMC's The Walking Dead continued to explore two factions of its larger group Sunday, putting the focus on Maggie (Lauren Cohan) -- and her search for husband Glenn (Steven Yeun) -- as she traveled with Bob and Sasha, while her sister, Beth has made the most from her time with Daryl (Norman Reedus).
    All roads now point to Terminus, the mysterious so-called sanctuary that everyone from the prison gang -- as well as newbies Abraham, Eugene and Rosita -- has moved to the top of their agenda.
    Maggie attempts to ditch Bob (Lawrence Gilliard) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green), the latter of whom is increasingly afraid of this world without walls, but the trio are reunited when the latter attempts to find a new place to survive. A newly recharged Maggie -- who gutted walkers to leave notes for Glenn to head to Terminus -- realizes she can't go it alone, while Sasha -- now romantically linked to Bob -- learns that she has to risk her life for those around her if she wants to survive.

Meanwhile, an injured Beth (Emily Kinney) and Daryl find a sanctuary of their own when they take up residence at a mortuary that someone has been keeping stocked up with food and supplies. However, their time there isn't long when a group of walkers attack the estate and force Beth to run -- only there seems to have been someone waiting to abduct her and she's taken into a car that speeds away from Daryl. After Daryl attempts to pursue the car for hours, he runs out of steam and almost seems to surrender, nearly collapsing at an abandoned intersection. It's there that a group of violent marauders -- the same ones who nearly killed Rick when they invaded the house he, Carl and Michonne were taking solace in. Led by Joe (Sons of Anarchy's Jeff Kober), Daryl lowers his weapon and seems to have been accepted by the potential new threat.
    The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Cohan to discuss Maggie's journey, Beth's abduction, Daryl's new threat and what may be ahead at Terminus now that Glenn has discovered one of the signposts advertising sanctuary, community and survival for those who arrive.
    Maggie realized she can't be alone in her search for Glenn. What changed in her?
    What was interesting for me in this episode is it's a coping mechanism in as much as it's a real quest to find Glenn. All she can do right now is to steam through these walkers. Maggie knows no limits at this point and that's a big part of her and Sasha's argument. Sasha is avoiding having to be disappointed and if she isn't going to emotionally invest, then she can't be disappointed. But Maggie knows her better than that, which is what we see at the end of the episode: You can ask her to risk her life for her own benefit. That's all we do now is risk our lives. What's changed in Maggie is that recognition; it's finding Glenn but it's also finding out who she is in her search for him and knowing despite all this despair, she is still an incredibly faithful person and she's not going to leave anyone behind. She deeply knows in her heart that they are still alive and it's going to be OK. It's also crazy because Maggie gets to act out what she wishes she acted out with The Governor (David Morrissey) and it was a nice change from the beginning of the season. She goes from this place of forgiveness when Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Daryl (Norman Reedus) go out on this vengeful mission [for The Governor] and says what she has [at the prison with safety, friends and family] is worth looking out for and putting our focus on and I'm going to let [her vendetta with The Governor] go. It bites her in the end and it's The Governor who takes away the last precious thing from her [her father, Hershel] and possibly her sister and her husband as well -- not to mention the prison, the camp and their whole lives to boot. There is definitely a level of regret in there and recognition that she needs to put that warrior suit back on and not take it off for a while.
    Sasha, Bob and Maggie are headed for Terminus, even though Sasha is skeptical of it sounding too good to be true. How concerned should they that Terminus is a trap?
    We should always be concerned that anything that sounds too good to be true probably is. This is way too big for any of us to ignore that train tracks leading to something that could be a sanctuary. We have no way of communicating with each other but we have signs at every single train track to head in one direction, so at least we can all be together and trust what ever telekinetic connection we have, then maybe we'll figure it out when we get there. I don't know that Terminus is going to be a bad idea; none of us should assume that.

In the comics, it's at this point that the group encounters a group of cannibals. Could Terminus be their basecamp?
    We should proceed with caution but we don't have another plan right now so we have to follow those train tracks. Sasha is a very good voice of reason but we don't have time for reason because we need to find the rest of our group. These last few episodes have been very claustrophobic with fog for Maggie, Sasha and Bob and then Daryl and Beth were trapped in the trunk of a car. This group has been so blinded and now we have this rope to hang on to with the train tracks. It might be a bad idea but we have no other option.
    We see Glenn at the end of the episode finding another sign for Terminus. He's traveling with Abraham and company -- should he trust them?

I trust something about that group. Maybe it's Eugene's goofy hair but I feel like they can trust that group since they actually have Glenn and Tara's best interests at hand. I loved how Glenn took him down. He was on this mission and wouldn't let anyone stop him and he takes out this hulking muscle man. This moment when Glenn sees the Terminus sign and the hope in that moment reminded me of season one, when he's the little voice that Rick hears in the tank. If Glenn sees or hears something, there's something to it because he's the character who looks after people. That for me gives that inkling that maybe Terminus is going to be OK and the fact that all the group is finding these signs. Is there somebody looking out for them? Is someone making sure that they all find each other? Maybe it's the spirit of Hershel; I don't know but it would be nice.
    Bob and Sasha are now romantically linked. How might their relationship evolve as they make their way to Terminus?
    There's a lot of hope for that relationship. If Sasha can find brother, Tyreese, then there's room for love there as well, which would be really nice. There's a lot of love blossoming and these past few episodes have shown three stages of what you do for your loved ones. Bob kisses Sasha to break her out of this cynicism that she's in. There's this maybe blossoming thing between Daryl and Beth where we finally see him opening up and then who knows, she's maybe kidnapped or killed -- we don't know yet what's going to happen there. Then Maggie is leaving these notes for Glenn. I think overall this is maybe the most romantic episode of The Walking Dead so far.
    Speaking of Beth, it seems like she was abducted. What can you say about what's going on there? How worried should people be for Beth and Daryl?
    That's going to be a really good point of suspicion for a while; there's not going to be a quick resolve to that situation. It gets very scary. This whole situation that Daryl has found himself in gets really scary. We should be pretty worried about everyone.
    Could whomever kidnapped Beth be connected to this group questioning Daryl?
    I don't actually know yet, that's how scary it is! I don't like the sound of this group at all or what's happened to Beth. It's very creepy.
    Daryl at the end of this episode seemed to be in trouble, meeting Joe and his mysterious group of marauders -- whom we know to be violent when one of them nearly killed Rick back at the house. What can you say about how Daryl might fare with them, especially after he just opened up?

Daryl has a very measured course in front of him where he really has to watch his steps because this could be a group that might accept him or they might hurt him.

How much more can we expect to see of Joe and company? My theory is that these guys are the Hunters who turn into cannibals and are behind Terminus.
    We should be concerned about anybody new we meet right now, especially after The Governor. We shouldn't be having any new friends! (Laughs.)

What can you say about what a reunion between Glenn and Maggie would look like?

I already think that they've been a pretty good couple and that blip with The Governor when they were held hostage at Woodbury really strengthened them. If these two see each other, they are never, ever letting go again.

What did you think of Maggie's journey this week? Do you think Terminus sounds too good to be true? Hit the comments with your thoughts. The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/episode-413-post-mortem-with-robert-kirkman/
    [h=1]Episode 413 Post-Mortem with Robert Kirkman[/h] by Brian Huntington March 9th, 2014 [​IMG]
    Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services

[​IMG]
    You’ve watched the episode! You’ve (hopefully) talked about it! Now let’s hear what Robert has to say!
    TheWalkingDead.com: Bob Stookey is one of the center points of this episode. This is a character who’s greatly expanded from the comic. Was there a reason that that character in particular was one that you chose to have a larger role in the show?
    Robert Kirkman: Once we got Lawrence Gilliard Jr. for the role—That’s one of the best things about television versus a comic is that once you see what an actor can do they, just their presence, almost demands more, and watching the character of Bob evolve over the course of the season is a pretty fun aspect of this process.
    Scott and I and everybody in the writers’ room have always had big plans for Bob. We definitely wanted to change his character up a little bit. I think a lot of that is due to lines and knowing what [Gilliard Jr.] can handle and really just trying to do something new that hasn’t been done before with a character; showing somebody that can be as weirdly optimistic as Bob is at times—for those strange reasons that he is—adds something new to the mix.
    TWD: Speaking about optimism, we have another situation where an optimist is paired with a pessimist in Bob and Sasha. And in the last episode you played Daryl’s pessimism off of Beth’s optimism. I feel like these two dynamics are played off each other a lot on the show. Where do you fall on that spectrum? If you were in the Zombie Apocalypse, would you be the pessimist or the optimist?
    RK: I’ve talked about this before in interviews, and I think that I’m definitely a pessimist but Scott Gimple ends up being the optimist in a lot of cases. I think that dynamic that we have in the writers’ room and in our working relationship might possibly be creeping into the show a little bit which is, I guess, somewhat interesting.
    I would be that person that’s like, “Yeah, we’re screwed. There’s nothing good coming from this.” Scott is always that guy that’s like, “No, no, there might be a rainbow up there. Let’s keep going.” We pull each other along in our own ways, so it’s good.
    TWD: In this episode we see Maggie in a really hardcore mode, where she’s killing walkers with street signs and she’s ripping their guts out to leave messages for Glenn. Is she coming a little unhinged or is she just that motivated to find Glenn?
    RK: She’s definitely coming unhinged. This is someone who has lost the guy that she loves. We want to show just how far she’s willing to go. It’s borderline psychotic to be killing walkers and writing signs in their blood for a person that you’re not exactly sure that’s alive or out there. It’s a big reach. She’s coming unhinged, and to a certain extent as we explored in the episode, she could be endangering Sasha and Bob by going on this crusade.
    It speaks to the strength of the relationship between Maggie and Glenn. We really wanted to show how much these two mean to each other and how far they’re willing to go to try and find each other, and seeing how Glenn deals with it on his side, and seeing how Maggie deals with it on her side.
    There’s hopefully a lot of interesting contrast in that, that we’ll be exploring as the season continues. Maybe they’ll find each other. Maybe they won’t, but hopefully that journey will be entertaining in and of itself.
    TWD: Daryl mentions in this episode that it’s only the bad people who survive. We’ve also seen Rick struggle with this concept and come to grips with it. Do you think that’s true? Do you think that bad people will rise up in the apocalypse or can good ultimately prevail?
    RK: I do think that there is a chance for good to survive, and I think that Rick, at his core, and Daryl, at his core, are both good people. It’s just that I do strongly feel that there are sacrifices that need to be made, and uncomfortable decisions that need to be made, and to a certain extent “bad things” that would need to be done, from time to time to survive.
    No one really gets through this clean. I think that in these moments of desperation Daryl is falling into despair and looking at himself as a bad person, and believes right now that that’s the case, but I don’t think it is.
    Anyone can have the determination to survive, but even in real life sometimes you have to do something terrible to survive a bad situation but it’s that will to live and that will to survive that will get you through it.
    TWD: We see more of the Beth and Daryl relationship in this episode, where they’re at the grave and Beth takes his hand. What do you make of that dynamic at this point? I’m having a hard time placing it. Is that more romantic or more brotherly? What do you make of that?
    RK: I definitely wouldn’t read things to be too romantic. I think that Daryl, for all his sex appeal, is incredibly introverted and I don’t think that he really looks at things in that light. They’re forming a very—I don’t know that it’s necessarily quite brotherly/sisterly—but they are forming a very strong bond that is going to be… they’re forming a very strong bond between the two of them. I don’t know how much you want to read into that, but there might be something there. You never know.
    TWD: Likewise, with the Bob and Sasha dynamic. He shares a kiss, but Sasha doesn’t really go for it. Is she holding out for a real doctor?
    RK: I could say there’s probably a little bit more of a romantic spark there. I think that these are two people that are probably a little bit more open to this, although I think Sasha is seemingly more focused on other things at the moment, as you would be. But yeah, I definitely see a potential for a relationship there.

There you have it! I threw a little something in for you ‘shippers out there at the end, so make of that what you will! Be sure to come back next week for more with the boss-man!

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

[h=1]http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2014-03-09-who-took-beth-greene-theories

Who Took Beth Greene?! 3 Theories After The Walking Dead Season 4 "Alone"[/h]Share
    Remind Me To Watch Reward Me

March 9, 2014 at 10:27PM EDT by Gina Carbone
    [h=5]Related:[/h]

[​IMG]

[h=6]Credit: Gene Page/AMC[/h][h=5]Photo:[/h] Beth Greene Wanders Around the House in The Walking Dead Season 4, Episode 12: “Still”

So Beth just disappeared into a black car on The Walking Dead Season 4, Episode 13, “Alone.”Who took her (if she was even kidnapped/taken at all) and why?
    Beth Greene (Emily Kinney) and Daryl Dixon(Norman Reedus) were having a long, lingering moment (sorry, Caryl shippers) when Daryl opened the door to their funeral home shelter, thinking the cute dog was outside. Nope, it was a huge number of walkers (who apparently didn’t make a lot of noise). Daryl and Beth got separated while Daryl was fighting off walkers. Outside, he saw Beth’s stuff on the ground — looking like it was dropped in a rush — and a black car with a white cross on the back quickly drove away.
    That’s scary stuff. We don’t know the story here, but the Walking Dead comics may give us some hints. So here are three theories about who took our little moonshiner.
    1. Gareth
    Gareth is a new character coming in the second half of Season 4 and he’s meant to have an important role. He may also be continuing into Season 5. Since we’re already up to Episode 14 and no such guy has emerged, it might make sense to think whoever is with Beth is Gareth. Gareth will be played by Andrew J. West, who is young and attractive. You never know… Gareth is meant to be a remix of someone from the comic books, so that might be...
    2. Father Gabriel Stokes
    The car had a cross on the back, and it’s possible it was driven by whoever was living in that funeral home. That person was clean and kind to dead people, treating them with respect. If the person who “took” Beth is a version of Gabriel, that wouldn’t be too bad a thing. Gabriel is a preacher Rick and company meet on the road to Washington, D.C. in the comics, right around this point. The context is different on TV, but let’s hope this person is a version of Gabriel, because he probably won’t eat Beth.
    3. Chris/one of The Hunters
    Will Beth turn into 112 ounces of pudding for some cannibal survivors? Chris is the leader of The Hunters in the comics. They are survivors who resort to cannibalism to survive. Did they see that Beth was weak and pounce? We hope not, but it’s possible. It’s not like we haven’t been waiting for that storyline to emerge.
    Whatever's happening, don't expect quick answers. The Hollywood Reporter asked Lauren Cohan (Maggie) what she could say about Beth's apparent abduction; how worried should fans be for Beth and Daryl? "That's going to be a really good point of suspicion for a while," Lauren said, "there's not going to be a quick resolve to that situation. It gets very scary. This whole situation that Daryl has found himself in gets really scary. We should be pretty worried about everyone."
    THR asked if whoever kidnapped Beth might be connected to the group of marauders with Daryl. "I don't actually know yet, that's how scary it is!" Lauren said. "I don't like the sound of this group at all or what's happened to Beth. It's very creepy." The guys with Daryl didn't seem to have a car, but it's possible.

What are your theories about what happened to Beth? Do you think we'll end up seeing her at Terminus, maybe on the season finale when "many paths collide," or will this mystery carry over into Season 5? Tell us your thoughts below!