Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Into the Badlands

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by tink, Nov 16, 2015.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, the finale was pretty good and changed the whole dynamic of where season two is heading.

Since that little bitch Jade did poison herself, I imagine she also told Quinn was what afoot when she said she had something to tell him about Ryder. Quinn was like a little kid with a new toy. Even gonna let MK have his butterfly and let Sunny live. I'm not shedding any tears if he's well and truely dead, and that looked pretty fatal to me, cause he made my skin crawl but Ryder is just as creepy. Too bad he doesn't seem as smart as the old man.

All hail the black eyed monks !!! Best part of the whole episode! I think MK is probably where he belongs if they teach him to control his powers. If not, well, we'll see. Not only that but we just have to wait and see who survived the fight. Jacoby, Zepher, And Sunny went flying through walls. We saw Sunny at the end on his way to who knows where but is Veil with him? Who got him on the boat? Wheelchair guy? Does Tilda poison the widow? What's Lydia gonna do now that she's back home? Plenty of cliff hangers for season two.

2. Lupey

Lupey Member

The fight scenes in the finale were great! Didn't Sunny have the same medallion when he was a kid? Wasn't he told he was found wearing it down by the river? That seemed strange to me.

3. purriwinkle

My take is that Sunny is also from Azra, as so is the Widow. Where it's located, and why people leave there is unknown. In fact we don't know much about it at all except that it's citizens seems to have items with the special Azra logo on them. MK and Sunny have pendants and the Widow, the book. Some have a dark power but not all apparently. The monks and MK are dark, but Sunny and the Widow are not, although she told Tilda she was also special once. Lydia's father spoke about "cleansing" another dark one after he spoke with Ryder but what that means exactly is anyone's guess. Should learn more in season two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lupey

Lupey Member

TYVM for this response!! Helped a lot!!!

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He was talking about M.K. Ryder clued him in to the fact that M.K was in the fort. That's why the monks kidnapped him at the end.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I thought the season finale was really good. They fighting was really cool, and enough new directions to make my head spin a little.

7. purriwinkle

Exactly. But what puzzles me was the term "cleansing". Does it refer to removing the power or learning to control the power? If while under the influence, you do murder as MK has unwittingly done, is this what needs to be cleansed, a sort of atonement? Will they hurt the boy or help him?

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'm not totally sure, but based on how those 3 monks behaved at the end, i'm guessing it means teaching him how to control it. Those guys were using that power, yet still refraining from killing Sonny.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Just binged the season the last two days. I have to say I LOVED Quinn as a villain for some reason. He had a good end though since I don't think he'll fit the mystical direction but still. Really enjoyed the show, cool world, great fights, and interesting characters. I hope for a season 2.

10. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

not watched it yet but downloaded the whole series

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Finally watched the season finale and in a word WOW! There were two "I did not see that coming" moments for me.

First, I am awful with character names

Did not see that coming moment #1 - the traitor is the the clipper in the wheelchair

Did not see that coming moment #2 - When Sonny was found he had with him the same pendant as MK

The widow stating that she was like MK, I cannot help but take what she says with about 50 grains of salt.

Who is the River King going to trade off Sonny to....my curiosity is piqued

And lastly, when is season 2?

These are the shows that have me wanting more the instant the season finales air:

The Walking Dead
    Mr Robot
    Humans
    Into the Badlands

....and yesterday I was reminded just how much I enjoyed the first season Fear the Walking Dead and am now adding it the above list.

Honorable Mention:

Sense8
    Daredevil

12. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

I like your list. I didn't see the honorable mention shows tho... I do laugh every time I see complaints about Into the Badlands, it's a good quality show with action and a story. For a scifi fan like me, it's cool. Mix Mad Max with Kung Fu and add a bit of color. I think it's awesome AMC has shows like this while the lame Syfy has wrestling. That channel went down the toilet...

13. Lupey

Lupey Member

From what I have read Season 2 doesn't start until sometime in 2017. WTF is that? Over a year in between seasons.

14. Lupey

Lupey Member

Last nights season premiere was really good!! Loved the fight scene at the oil field. Can't wait until TWD is off so they can move it to the 9pm slot :p:p

15. asdf

asdf Member

Hmmm I'll take 10 episodes of action packed excitement and speed dating revealing drama than 16 episodes of half doldrum, half drama any day.

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny!

Widow, Widow, Widow!

#35 asdf, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. purriwinkle

I thought the season primere was good. Loved the fight scene with Sunny when they were bringing him into the mining camp. What I thought was weird was that he was kicking everybody's ass and then they managed to catch him using whips around his ankles? Ok, maybe, but I was so expecting him to flip up and over that bar when they hauled him up in the air that I was a bit disappointed that they subdued him after all that. Can't have him escaping too quickly, I guess, but is there any doubt that he'll win if he's pitted against that mining executioner?

The Widow was in good form. No sparkly blue shoes for her but those high black boots were gorgeous. Love that lady. In a man's world she's kicking butt and taking names. Ryder better watch himself now that she's taken back her refinery, although from what little we saw, he seemed to be a decent Baron, but who knows? At any rate, her goals for society are more lofty.

Looked like MK is making progress at the Monk's boot camp, even though he'd like to go AWOL. Now that the Master is taking over his training maybe he'll can the attitude.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw it was Quinn helping to deliver Veil and Sunny's baby! He's so creepy.....

Looking forward to epi 2.

17. Lupey

Lupey Member

What is Quinns game with Henry? The dude is a nutt job who is going to explode at any second. Does he, in his twisted mind, think Veil and Henry are his wife and kid? I'm also enjoy Nick Frost in the show. Adds a bit of humor and he was good in the action scenes as well! Next week looks bad ass with that clipper they showed in the previews.

• Like Like x 1
  18. purriwinkle

One can never tell about Quinn. He has that big ass tumor in his head, but he's a bit of a nut too. Why does he take such an interest in Suny's baby? My guess is that he knows Sunny is from Azra and he's hoping to nurture the child with the goal of using him as he would have used MK. He doesn't really know the child's potential at this point but he knows that eventually he'll find out. Even if the kid doesn't have that dark power, he might make an exceptional clipper like his dad.

I hope they go more into the Azra thing. Does the place still exist
    or has there been some sort of diaspora, and the monks are gathering and training them at their boot camp?

I love Nick Frost too. He makes the perfect sidekick and adds that touch of comic relief although the dude's not a total drain on Sunny. Has his own skill set, lol.

19. asdf

asdf Member

It's not lost on me that this is movie production level Chinese martial arts/wire fu found in such classics as The Matrix, The Grandmaster, Once Upon a Time in China just to name a few.

The difference is time constraints with 10 hour long episodes - two fight sequences per episode - a season as oppose to one movie at a time AND the budget. It is very impressive physicality to say the least and the BTS for the training tells you everything you need to know about their (actors, producers [Wu himself], choreography team overseas, show creators) commitment to the action scenes. That's a lot of fighting in one year. Most have very little idea how grueling it is until they hear it from the actors themselves.

Lucky to have it on the small screen albeit cable. That fight between Sunny and Silver Moon was sublime and I have a feeling they held back on the actual fight to save for something even more spectacular in the future with Silver Moon.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. purriwinkle

Didn't Silver Moon die?