Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Into the Badlands

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by tink, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Lupey

Lupey Member

He was the one with his hand cut off? I thought they left him alive?

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Not dead then? I was probably exhausted when I was watching. I remember his hand being cut off and didn't Nick (not sure what his characters' name is) take his sword? I have a brain freeze though about the live/dead thing, but I'll take your word for it, and if I get a chance I'll rewatch. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. asdf

asdf Member

Did you just call me a dumb dumb? I resent that. Anyways, you don't have to wait after Walking Dead for the rest of the season. Just keep on with your regular AMC routine but instead it's Into The Badlands. The bonus: no Chris Hardwick to sludge through afterwards.

4. purriwinkle

You can take off the gloves. I didn't call you a dumb dumb but I sure feel like one after having such a senior moment. Lol. I vow to pay closer attention from here on in. Actually I think Chris is adorable but I'm looking forward to the earlier time slot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. purriwinkle

Jesus Christ, grab the Aricept! How did I blank on a fight scene like that? Nick threw the blade that cut Silver Moon's hand off. Then all the convo...... *palm slaps forehead*

All I can say about this week is what a great conclave! Leave it to Quinn to shake things up. Looks like the women are gonna rule though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lupey

Lupey Member

Quinn has his moments for me. I did like the foot walk into the conclave though. Very bad assery the way it was filmed. What's going to happen now that Veil has killed that poor Edgar after he cooked her a nice dinner? I love the battle scenes! So over the top but awesomeness!! Look at Tilda. I still don't know if I trust that ex doll. Why would Quinn attack and leave? I was thinking he wanted to take back over but it seems not.

7. Lupey

Lupey Member

Great twists in this show. Bajie having the gift at one time and being an Abbott. Also I'm thinking the Widow is Flea?

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Gah, I need to watch the latest episode when I return home today!!

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't get into this show...I have the episodes DVRed...but I keep passing them by...

10. purriwinkle

Me too. Would seem to fit. She said she was "special" once and has the Azra book. We'll find out pretty soon if we're right as Baji was following Sunny and MK on the bike, so he should come face to face with her directly barring a twist in the script.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lupey

Lupey Member

Another good episode. Love the opening fight scene. I really enjoy how we get 2 fights per episode but they are entirely different. I wonder if they can reclaim their "gift" if it wasn't taken out with the needle thing like MK witnessed with his friend?

12. purriwinkle

Turns out we were right about Flea. The Widow's character has always been a bit ambiguous, I thought, as to whether or not she was one of the good guys but Tilda didn't play it smart either. As a Baron trying to achieve "lofty" goals in that society means you have to make some decisions that aren't going to set well with everybody but apparently her Regent was too young and idealistic to understand that. No place for teenage angst in the Badlands.

I wonder if either she or Baji will be able to get what they really want. She her powers back and he a one way ticket to Azra? Everyone needs to look over their shoulder here cause it seems the only two souls who don't have alterior motives at this point are Sunny and MK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Lupey

Lupey Member

Tilda and Widow had the same goals but that all changed when The Widow sacrificed Vail and Henry to achieve them. I wish they had let that friction between them brew a bit more and develope. Seemed a bit quick to me. Should be an amazing finale!!!

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

WOW......all I can say is WOW. That fight between Tilda and the Widow

Is she really dead??????

Oh man this show is so freakin fun to watch

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. asdf

asdf Member

Saved the best for last. That fight was lit!

Sad to see a few of them go especially Quinn. Without the bad guys, there'd be no show. You did well Martin (actor). You did well.

RIP Vail

First time seeing the stoic clipper Sunny break down in tears. Adds extra heft to the scene at that exact moment.

You need that in a good lead as with Ricktator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lupey

Lupey Member

THAT is how you do a season finale. That slaughter scene with Sonny and Quinns men was EPIC!! So this is where stand now MK/Widow Tilda/Waldo/Odessa Sunny/Henry and Baije all by his lonesome. I can't tell if he died or not after he turned on that satellite thing. WTH was that thing he turned on? Something to do with Azra?

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That was an amazing season finale!!!

My heart is hurting.....I was so shocked by Veils death and then to see Sonny crying, well I cried with him.

And Baijie....alive? dead? is someone going to save him? Maybe John Locke is there. I was waiting for Baijie to type in some sequence of numbers for a quick reset. So I take it he is now sending a message to Azra via that contraption and the satellites?

What will become of MK? Is Sunny headed off alone or is he going back to rescue MK from the Widow? What of Tilda and Odessa? Will they happen upon Sonny? And Quinn's first wife (whose name I can never remember), will she be a part of season 3?

The biggest question of all is why are not more people watching this show? It is a great story, the characters are interesting, strong and flawed. And it has to be the most beautifully filmed show on television. It is sweeping, epic and grand. The attention to detail is astounding.

I cannot even imagine at this point what season 3 will be. And season 3 is going to be 16 episodes? Is that correct??

@asdf @Lupey @purriwinkle

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. asdf

asdf Member

16 episodes. I wonder if there'll be a break in between like TWD?

To say that it is the most visually beautifully shot says a lot considering we're in the midst of peak TV but I can't say I don't agree with that. Brutality + visual aesthetics is kind of a nice blend a la Kill Bill. But the fighting, oh the fighting, is ten times more lit then that. AND it's TV. Almost feels too good to be true.

If Azra turns out to allow modern weapons, will Sunny, the Widow, Silver Moon bring their bullet time dodging skills to the forefront? Maybe Quinn as well if he were still alive.

I have a suspicion it's going to be in the fall to line up with TWD ep for ep, even with the same break. Fingers crossed.

20. Lupey

Lupey Member

I have no clue what is going to happen. They wrapped up some great story lines but in return left you with a bunch of new questions. I think this show is the perfect balance of awesome action and story. I HOPE Baije is back. While the actions scene with him were a bit ackward I loved what he brought to the show. Rumors is we have a good year before season 3 starts :( NOT happy about that at all!!!!