Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Carl more like mom or dad?

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by Zombie Lover, Mar 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Up till todays episode I thought Carl was allot like his dad. Today he proved that he is his mothers son as well. A rash stupid decision to go off alone, and then play "chicken" with the walker...all ending up with a bad result. He provoked the walker and all the time I thought that what that nincompoop Lori would do. Also talking back to Carol like that, Rick wasnt too happy and it doesnt seem like Rick would do that. Rick kept telling Carl, think, think. I wish hed tell Lori that as well.

2. Greyone

Greyone Member

Sweetsister, Carl is both of them. Rick hasn't done a single thing that was "real life" smart yet. Only "television smart." Tonight he made so many critical errors it's hard to know where to begin listing them all. Rick's telling Carl to think but Carl didn't get any thinking abilities or skills passed to him by either parent.

3. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

he started out seeming more like Rick, but hes showing his Lori genes these days. hopefully he grows out of it

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Like Greyone said, Carl is both Rick and Lori.

There's a lot of hate for Carl on the boards tonight, but I actually pity him. Carl was mourning Sophia, all attempts at partcipating in group decisions were rebuffed, he stole Daryl's gun, spotted a walker, and failed to report it to his parents. Why? because he was scared they'd punish him.

The only other child in the group was Sophia, now Carl has nobody who can really relate to how he feels. In many ways, Carl's the odd man out.

5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

couldnt agree more. he probly wants to be treated like an adult rather than a lil child and its frustrating him. although him blowing up on Carol like that was bogus.

6. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I think it's too early in his life to say. But what we can say is that he wants to be more like Rick. Having been a little boy at one point in my life, I think his portrayal is spot on. Sometimes kind, but also irritable, disrespectful, often bad decision making and cruel. I don't know how my parents had the strength to not kill my brothers and I at that age. But I do thank them for it. ;)

7. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Carl is turning out to be more Ted Bundy than like either of his parents.

8. ResidentEvil Outbrek

It is really not Carl's fault it's Randall's Fault for being there in the first place, if Shane would have killed him all of this drama would have never happened and more attention would be on Carl as it was before, it's easy to say Carl is like the Good Son [​IMG] but no one is really including this kid in much and it's almost like he was being ignored, he always love hanging around Rick or Shane he feels big around them, but so much attention is on Randal now he may feel depressed. Seeing Carol might make him even more depressed because when they hung out before, Sophia was there. They never really bonded after Sophia died.

9. Maggie

Maggie Member

But that's exactly my point. His parents are still trying to shelter him, instead of realizing that they have to have him grow up twice as fast. Carl is old enough (12?14?) to be part of the group, and he should be seeing how hard the decisions are. How hard it is for adults to cross moral lines they never thought they'd have to cross. How it fractures part of their soul, their moral compass when decisions like what to do with Randall come up.

Compared to Randall, slaughtering the zombies in the barn was a piece of cake. I know that I would truly be agnozied over what to do with Randall, but in the end I know in my heart that I would do ANYTHING to protect my child. Cross anyline, break any moral code.

10. Zombie Lover

I agree they have to introduce Carl to these things so he can handel them better ( we dont want him too sheltered else he may become like Maggis sister and go into shock or something)
    After the incident with Carol Rick kept telling Carl to tink, but that obviously diddnt stick, since he stole a gun and taunted a Walker, what happend to the responible kid who wanted to learn to shoot and claimed he knew guns are not toys?

11. John2find

John2find Member

I Think indeed that Carl is not a son of Rick (Neither Shane). That dumb ass was playing with the Zombie. I think Justin Bieber might have dated with Lori long way back before Rick could have possibly made it. That why Carl is such a dumabass.
    Seriously normal kid don't do such shit.

12. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I agree aswell.
    This episode seemed very out of character for Carl, he's never been this dumb on the show before.
    I hope they use that to build on his character though, it would be equally weird if he had just blown that zombie to bits like a pro.

13. John2find

John2find Member

Kids go dumbass if their parents let them roam freely in a ZA world. What do lori do all the day? cant she make carl to roam around but be in sight always.
    That innocent mistakes of that little imp Carl are lethal.

14. Zombie Lover

Carl stole a gun. Something he needs to be severely punished for, and tortured a creature for amusement. To me thats kind of psycho. When the creature got loose he didn't confess, thus resulting in the death of a group member. He also egged his dad to murder a man.

Yes, he is a child, but he scares me. I am not a carl fan.

15. Rapscallion

That's what everyone's forgetting: Carl's a child.

He was wrong to steal that gun, but to children, guns are forbidden objects. What child wouldn't pick up a gun, especially one easily accessible?

Another thing about the gun, Carl's repeatedly said that he wants to help protect the group. Whenether there's a group meeting, Carl is told to go in the house. Yes, Carl's trying too hard to be an adult, but it shows Carl knows the group needs to stay together and contribute to survive.

As for torturing the walker. It seemed that Carl was venting his frustrations and fears on it. Carl was going to shoot it eventually, but it got loose and almost bit him. Carl should have told someone in the group, but he was scared his parents would punish him. Just what any child would fear.

As for encouraging Rick to kill Randall, children have a black and white view of the world. If Randall's turned loose, he'll find his group and lead them to the farm. So with that threat Randall has to die, even though children don't have a clear understanding about death.

16. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

I think Carl is more of a mix between Shane & Lori. Throwing rocks at walkers and teasing them would be something I'd expect 12 year old Shane would be doing. Not telling anyone about the walker or missing gun to avoid getting in trouble is something I'd expect a 12-year-old Lori to do lol. Rick would probably just Ran away and tell the others about the zombie or he would have shot if, Thats what 12 year old rick would do probably

lol some of you probably had reeeeeally boring childhoods.... if you think playing with a walker is psyco... its different with a cat or dog or animal... but its a dead walker...i'd play with it lol

#16 ShaneFan946, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  17. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

I think he's like Lori, I guess. Hard to tell. He really doesn't act like either one really. Rick obviously is the "good guy" or boy scout of the men of the group. Always follows rules, has compassion even though he fights with it. Always gives someone a chance. Lori is kinda selfish. So, I guess he's like Lori. No compassion for Carol, doesn't follow rules, gets Dale killed. Yeah, he's Lori's kid for sure.

18. Zombie Lover

He seems to lack empathy. He had no concern for others and doesn't think of the consequences of his actions. Seems a lot like Lori.

19. Rapscallion

Carl insisted on helping search for Sophia, and got shot (accidentally) for his troubles. Soon as he was walking, Carl confronted Shane and said leaving the farm without Sophia was "bullshit."

Carl's was clearly upset over Sophia's death and lashed out at Carol, who refused to attend her own daughter's funeral.

20. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Lori's kid. Wants to be like his Dad and idolizes him but is naturally like his Mother. Nature is his Mom. Nurture is his Dad.

#20 C-Tac, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012