Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Carol starting to have a complete breakdown?

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by DarylFTW, Mar 16, 2016.

1. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I have a terrible feeling that Carol is going to do something really really awful. She was furious with Maggie for putting herself but especially the baby in jeopardy. Also, that stone cold Carol killer face appeared ONLY when 'Chelle knifed Maggie. Carol didn't hesitate and shot her. But she hesitates with everyone else.

I know this is far fetched but I get the terrible feeling that Carol may break and start thinking that Maggie's baby would be better off if she were caring in for it. This episode pointed out that she has lost 4 kids like Paula. Maybe Carol will want a baby to lover her, need her. And she can start fresh.
    For some reason when Chelle cut Maggie, I remembered Carol practicing to help Laurie with a C-section. The cut was in the same place. But Carol never got to help Laurie. It was Maggie who did it.
    There are women that go right off the deep end and take children from their biological mothers whether they've been born or not. I'm hoping that Carol's arc will not see her thru to a terrible end, where someone from Team Rick will have to kill her get back Glenn and Maggie's baby.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No, I don't think they will go that route, that would be a complete deviation from what her current path is. I think we are leading towards a reconciliation between Carol and Morgan, making a stronger force to balance Rick.

3. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It's a much needed arc to Carol.

You can't have a 100% on Rambo character forever without some sort of fallback, especially know with living behind safe walls again.

Carol knows she needs to kill, not killing people leads to a much worse fate.
    But now her conscious is catching up with her, seeing the Wolf guy save Denise, and seeing her future self in Paula was a wake up call.

She's never liked killing, but she never let herself feel it.

At the end I am sure we will see a more confident, strong, and compassionate Carol, who is willing to open up to strangers again.

4. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I think we are leading towards a reconciliation between Carol and Morgan, making a stronger force to balance Rick.

I will be very surprised if this happens. Morgan is living in some sort of fantasyland in his head. His approach to this world is completely unrealistic and undoable. Carol is the polar opposite. She sees what has to be done and she does it. Sometimes she even goes too far as she did at the prison. I do not see how these two personalities could ever come to a meeting of minds.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Carol makes me think of General Savage (played by Gregory Peck) in Twelve O'Clock High. He's tough as nails throughout the whole movie, until he cracks.

I agree that this change is a little out of character compared to previous seasons, but it's not unreasonable. Even Rick went to crazytown for a while.

#5 westwingnut, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  6. forceten

forceten Member

post traumatic stress disorder that most soldiers get when in the front lines or in combat too long

7. rustybag

rustybag Member

Carol's track record with children hasn't been great. She's had some horrible experiences and has had to face some harsh realities about this world; children in her experience have brought her pain and loss. I would think at this point she wouldn't want anything to do with children ever again. But who knows, they have done strange things with the characters before.

8. batongal

batongal Active Member

No reason for her to snatch Maggie's baby. She has Judith whom she cares for quite often. Judith is also the one child she has a good track record with.

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Maybe Carol seeing Rick ask and shoot Primo in the head without any hesitation made her think that Rick is becoming a bad dude or something....but the writers better not destroy her character like they did with Morgan. I'd rather see Carol die before seeing her become someone like Morgan.

10. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Thanks, those were some great replies. I'd much rather see Carol come to grips with her actions rather than be undone by them.

11. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Please stop saying Carol NEEDS this. NO SHE DOESN'T!

They built her up to the peak of bad-ass-ness when she went full stealth Ninja mode and now they want to start giving her moral dilemmas? LAME! They need to ride the bad-ass wave with her for another half season at least. Bringing her to her peak and giving her bullshyt moral dilemmas over it can only mean one thing

Carol's a gonner this season!

12. Darylfan777

Darylfan777 New Member

my thought was similiar....i had tweeted the following...'carol...the walking dread.' i just said that i think carol is going to have a nervous breakdown. And/or get herself killed in an upcoming episode. This last episode seemed ominous to me with her....bad things to come. I hope not, though.

13. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Guys, about that rosary. Are we sure that Carol was carrying it? Could it have fallen off the body of that walker that got carried out in front of her feet?

14. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Why are people obsessed with "bad ass"

Characters with no remorse, no emotions are BORING.

15. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

That's exactly how I feel about it. Carol was such a great character/role model because everything she had to go through made her stronger. So many people these days want to play the victim card. Adversity builds character with the right attitude and can make you a stronger/better person. Even though we're talking about a fictional character I always thought Carol was a great example of this.

16. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Thank goodness, I'm so wrong, wrong, wrong. Carol may be breaking down but she's not going off in this direction.
    I"m so glad to be wrong.