Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Deanna going to regret putting Abe in charge?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by Lolly92660, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

When Tobin resigns as construction foreman in favor of Abraham, he says, "The thing is, I know you won't regret it." I get the feeling she will.

2. tombradyfan

tombradyfan Member

in my opinion the only thing that abe would be better suited as would be their general in charge of their army. as challenging as that would be with such a crew of cowards and wusses i think he would be able to whip them into shape. But no i dont think she will regret it, i think abe will be a very, very good foreman/ leader of the construction crew, he realized what needed to be done and took charge. he told people what to do in a fair constructive manner and proved that he was more than willing to get his hands dirty. The only way i can think that deanna will regret it is if she believes gabriel and starts to dislike/distrust the whole group

3. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

In what way? What is he going to do - accidentally have them build a bridge instead of a wall?

4. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I'm just a little concerned about Abe's state of mind. Twice in this episode we see him shaky. First when he's looking at himself in the mirror, then right after the guy goes to "send a fax to Cleveland" he's shown holding on to the truck with a death grip and breathing heavily. It's only after he gets to bash some walker skull that he seems to pull it together.

5. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

He is definitely a man on the edge but I don't think there will be any regrets.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I noticed that Abraham was a bit like Daryl once the group arrived in Alexandria: on guard, disbelieving of the townspeople's sincerity (which is understandable), PTSD (again understandable), and having nothing to do.

But Abraham not only took charge of the construction crew, he embraced the responsibility. I think Abraham will do a good job, but it seems like Alexandria will fall from what happens behind the walls, instead of what happens outside them.

7. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I feel like he is a man that needs a 'mission' and to have responsibility helps him have stability and happiness in his life. I got the impression he wasn't one to be just standing idly by and putting in a 9-5 peaceful type of job in the country club setting, which was why he was kind of shaky a few times. Basically in the silence and stillness he can't seem to handle things.

Abraham is a gungho, live in the moment, kind of guy who rarely looks backwards or forwards - which can be a blessing and a curse - but he's got that no man gets left behind ideal, and likes being the man on a mission and being able to lead and help people and won't sway from that. He finds his self-worth in doing that.

Also, If you want to get technical it's probably the first time he's had a bed to sleep in and a place to wash his face and SEE his own face and his bed companion since before the ZA Hit and his wife was around. So that's got to be jarring for him. To essentially be reminded that the last time he was in a position to be washing his face and letting his spouse sleep, was back when his wife was alive, and so was his kids.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Can he do any worse than the way they operated before. If there is danger every person for themselves and the heck with helping anybody else?

9. sam12six

sam12six Member

HAHA!

I was chuckling myself when congress lady was talking about putting another of their people in power. I couldn't help but think, "You just made him head dude in charge of nailing shit together. Is that really that much of a threat to the political structure?"

10. DaFunkDoc

DaFunkDoc New Member

I think Abe was readying himself for walkers while holding onto the truck. After the guy goes to send his fax, we see birds flying away from that area. That happens when they are startled or someone spooks them.

Could be random but the camera panned up to show us the birds and I immediately thought it was about to go down.

11. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I don't think she will regret it as far as his quality of work/leadership. I do think she might regret having another member of Rick's group in a powerful position.

12. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

I thought the exact same thing. He noticed the birds and seemed to be preparing himself like he new they were coming. Once he had Francine in the tractor, he seemed to crack a smile as the walkers lined up for his welcome bashing

13. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Actually, it won't be Abe she regrets putting in a position of authority, it will be Rick.

Abe has a mission now, so he'll be a lot more stable, he'll keep it together for that.

14. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Agreed. Abe is not a threat. He's good at what he does.

Rick is in bad need of some Michonne sense - or Daryl. The Rick and Carol combo is way to tilted to one side.

Deanne is asking for it putting a strong leader, with a very strong and loyal following with him, in a very leadership position in her community. She's begging to be overthrown.

15. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I agree. And again, the fact that the ASZ workers NOT taking any notice of the birds is indicative of how unaware of the threat they are. Abe, luckily for them, knows it all too well. Maybe Abe was a little surprized, maybe he thought he wouldn't be fighting walkers again so soon. But if walkers were coming, he was steeling himself because he knows they'd have to fight them. Also when they saw the walkers, he did not grab a gun like other people did. Abe knows how noise can attract the masses for miles when it comes to walkers, plus he knows that ammo needs to be conserved. I think they would've suffered more loss if Abe hadn't been there.

Oh, and do you think they were really sending a fax to Cleveland? I mean, how is this physically even possible when the grid is essentially destroyed. And why the hell would he need to do such a thing?

16. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Oh, and do you think they were really sending a fax to Cleveland? I mean, how is this physically even possible when the grid is essentially destroyed. And why the hell would he need to do such a thing?[/QUOTE]

Euphemism for dropping a deuce ...taking a dump in the woods.

17. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I watch the episodes on my computer and will have it playing in the top right corner of my screen while I do other work in the rest of the screen. I was distracted when I heard a guy say he had to send a fax to Cleveland. I thought "Huh? I guess they're doing a flashback with Abe again."

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I didn't get that from it. I think he was having a similar spell to what he had at the bathroom sink earlier, and then the chaos took him by surprise. He looked like he was concerned/lost in thought even earlier, when he was taking to Bruce, and then it evolved into his little spell.