Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Is it better to out-monster the monster...

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Maggie, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Maggie

Maggie Member

... or to be quietly devoured?"

I think this quote very neatly sums up Andrea and Shane's entire outlook on the ZA and shows why they are so frustrated.

I think that Rick recognizes that he won't be quietly devoured, but after he decides to out-monster the monster, you won't find him looking at himself in the mirror like Shane did. When Rick takes that step, he owns it. Which is why he wanted to sleep on the decision to kill Randal.

Me personally, I won't be quietly devoured either...... how bout you? =)

2. Gaius

Gaius Member

I'm a nice monster. Sometimes I stop to pick pretty roses and put them in vases for others around me. I carry around dolls from time to time as well. And occasionally I'll hold a hurting person.

But sometimes I just can't help what I've become.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOz2wgRUCOM

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Loved this Gaius, thanks for the post. At first I was like what is this person talking about?? A nice monster, picking flowers, wth?

4. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Rock on! We even get to see the time that Andrea being a dumbass with a long range target in sight.

5. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Andrea should be shot for GP. She had how many clues / reasons to not fire, but she did anyway? :zombies_rolleyes:

6. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

yo Gaius, that vid is awesome! i dont kno if you put it together or found it but that vid shows exactly why Daryl is the best character and biggest badass on the show. it was really well done too. good transitions and all that, that person knew what they were doing

ANYWAY. id let the monster have a lil nibble before i ate his head whole

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yes, starting with the fact that she was very inexperienced to begin with. Add that inexperience in aim to the fact that the group men were now in her line of fire to investigate, and the fact that the limping being of which none of said men were reacting violently to was far enough away that she really couldn't tell who it was.

8. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I would try to preserve my humanity, but there would be group rules if I were in charge, and people who wanted to stay in the group would need to follow the group rules. Those who didn't follow the rules could be free to go and start their own group.

Loose cannons need not apply.

I think you need brains to survive the ZA, and that means strategy, research, and the ability to navigate the ZA.

9. Maggie

Maggie Member

Oh yeah.... and MY group would require all the DUDES to do laundry.

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Also, men are actually great cooks! At least most of the ones I've met. :-D

11. Maggie

Maggie Member

(geez i hate doing laundry.....)

12. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

agreed laundry blows. but im a guy and im a great cook. well, i go to culinary school so i better be a good cook but yea id insist on cooking for my group. last thing you need in the ZA is food poisoning

13. Greyone

Greyone Member

Did anyone notice they had headphones in Randall's ears during the drive? Blasting music so that he was audibly disoriented.

Headphones indicate power, which would mean a generator. (Yes, they might be using a device that ran on batteries but where would a body find that in this day and age?)

A reliable source of electricity would slant the odds overwhelmingly in their favor. The last episode clearly demonstrated the zombies are really just a nuisance much more so than a threat and with power they will easily be able to eradicate them, even given their superior numbers.

14. Maggie

Maggie Member

In one of the previous episodes, Rick mentioned to someone that Hershel has a generator and ample supplies as another reason why staying there is so important. Also, whenever they are eating dinner at night in the farm house, all the lights are on.

I agree, that a generator, a place to grow crops and well water would REALLY set them up with a place worth defending.

15. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Herchel does indeed have a generator, he's gassing it up when Rick comes to talk to him in one scene in some episode prior to Shane's little barnageddon.

16. John2find

John2find Member

Andrea must be killed , she is biggest is the most selfish out of all. She is leading to somebodies death. Dale or Shane.

17. Greyone

Greyone Member

I was unclear as to the actual possession of a generator as so much has been made about noise drawing zombies and a constantly running generator would necessitate the need for a large amount of fuel. The CDC was running out of fuel after two months....how much does Herschel have?

18. Maggie

Maggie Member

They have MAGIC never ending bullets and MAGIC super quiet generators using forever fuel.

19. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Herchels generator runs of unobtanium I guess.
    Or maybe they use it sparingly, I havent really taken notice of this tbh.

20. Maggie

Maggie Member

ROFLOL @ unobtanium!!!