Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Maggie Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by marsyao, May 4, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

2. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Most likely. It was about time.

I surely hope Glenn doesn't die during this arc.

3. Peanut Q. Public

if they're going to go after the core group, why not do like the show and make it Sophia? don't get me wrong, i don't want children dead, but when characters stand around and don't contribute to the story line i tend to begin seeing them in red shirts. Carl's character has changed and contributed whereas Sophia just seems to descend into madness and at the same time somehow just be boring. i'd rather they leave all the core group alone. maybe if someone has to die you can make it Eugene or Gabriel. Eugene is creepy and Gabriel tried to backstab the group once already, who's to say he doesn't do it again in a pinch? but yeah.... hate it as i may but all signs currently seem to be pointing to dead Glenn. maybe we'll get lucky and they turn his zombie into a walker pet like Michonne's that helps them loot.

4. Matt

Matt Member

Because then it would just seem like Kirkman's trying to copy from the show.

5. Peanut Q. Public

i think she died in the show cuz he's getting sick of her. and i think it doesn't bode well for her in the comics.

6. Matt

Matt Member

It was more a creative decision by the rest of the writing team.

Her status though is one of the main distinguishing factors between the show and the comic. Eventually she'll die, but I'm pretty sure Kirkman will have her live on at least until her mid to late teen years.

7. Negan

Negan Active Member

Eugene is the best character! I like him because whoever dies from now on, it will be his fault! But he was a jerk in the preview.

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

If Maggie does get pregnant, then Glen's reaction will be very interesting, don't make me wrong, that must be the happiest day in his life, but until now, he is part of the war party, will this change after he know he is having his child? It could go either way, he could decide it is not worth risk a war because that is dangerous and he wants to be live to see his child, but it is also possible that in order to let his child to have a better future, he must fight this war.

9. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Whats signs? I dont read anything into anything Kirkman does. He doesnt really use signs in that way. Everything besides Rick remaining alive seems pretty unpredictable. It adds to the realism of the series.

10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

How cliché would it be Glenn dying with a child coming? Very tragic, which is exactly the core of TWD. If there's anything this comic has shown us is that there's no happy endings. TWD hasn't been "tragic" for a very long time. The last true important character that died was Dale and that was a long time ago.

I would add Glenn to the black list along with Rick and Andrea IMO

11. Peanut Q. Public

i can't remember what he said or which issue it was but Glenn said something recently about having bad feelings and thinking he would never return. then of course Maggie's been super extra worried about him recently. that makes me think one of them is most likely gonna go soon. plus there was the Robert Kirkman slipup about Glenn.

12. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Oh really? What was that? Might be a lil more interesting if the mother and child survive this time...

13. Peanut Q. Public

yeah it was all over a few months ago but now i can't find anything on it.

14. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I wouldnt be terribly surprised if Rick gets back to Alexandria and finds most if not the whole lot of em are wiped out by the saviors. Thatd be something new. I think theres definitely going to be a lot of blood in and/or before 100.

15. Maca254

Maca254 Member

Alexandria being overrun by flying tutu wearing black bears would be terribly new, but it still wouldn't make a lot of sense. It's been three or four days since Rick has left and its life as normal in Alexandria. The Saviors aren't going to be rolling over the colony in the next few days, what with the grounds outside the walls a killing field and there being no shortage of automatic weapons. Odds are, if a band of Saviors attacks Alexandria, they get pinned down by the barricades, slaughtered, and break, because they're used to terrorizing passive farmers and not people who actually know how to use a gun.

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

I found these are the most interesting in this preview:
    1) Abram tried to comfort Maggie when they found Carl was missing:" That kid seemed never need much watching to me, unless you crossed him"
    2) Heath told Abram: "Quite, Nothing happening really, There are a few walkers in the trench here and there, spread apart. I will go out and brain later today, after lunch". Just another normal day.

17. ZombieFlanders

Nobody will ever say something like that about TVCarl.

18. marsyao

marsyao Member

19. Negan

Negan Active Member

20. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

So not only did Rick and Andrea bring up the day when there would be no more walkers, once Heath goes "braining" he also makes a comment about how degenerated one of the walkers is - maybe they will just dissolve at some point soon - unless, of course, someone dies....