Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Maggie Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by marsyao, May 4, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

It is too early to assume that Saviors lack firearm, we do not know them that well yet, Rick is definitely too confident here, I can even say he reaches the level of arrogance, he actually does not know anything about the Saviors, but now he already assume they are nothing but bullies, and not a threat. I have to ask, are those man hiding in the alley at the end of the issue 97 members of the Savior? If they are the Saviors, that means enemy already locates Rick's base but Rick still has no idea where his enemy are, what will those Savior do? If I was one of the Savior, I will not let this opportunity goes, I will kill Abraham by ambush and send Eugen back with a message "Challenge accepted", though it is very unfair to let Abraham to pay for the bad decision Rick makes.
    By the way, anyone notice there are two ticking time bombers in the Alexandria safe zone? The first one is Spencer Monroe, he has a thing to Andrea, what he would do if he found out Rick and Andrea? In his eye, Rick grapes the power of the safe zone from his father and then takes the woman he loves, will he swallow that or will he try to do something? Second, now Carl start remembering things, what if one day he suddenly says "now I remember I killed Ben because he did bad things", how would Andrea react?

2. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

I think others have mentioned, why just eliminate them so quickily - kill the one with the gun, and take the others hostage, learn as much as you can about their group.

3. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

When I think "fighter" I think "hand to hand." The groups had a lot of success w/ her in the right place. Shes a great shot. But what happens when shes not in the right place? Or her gun jams? Or she runs out of ammo? I dont see her going toe to toe w/ that guy on the last page... We have no idea what the Saviors have or dont have. Or how many there are. Maybe they travel light and save the big guns for conflicts. Or it doesnt matter. B/c the groups running out of ammo as is. Rick probably shouldve followed that guy. Or tried to get some info out of him.

4. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Yeh. Carl remembering stuff is definitely going to make some kind of impact on the group dynamic. Also, Abraham seems a little restless lately. People keep ribbing him about bowing down to Rick. Maybe if this thing w/ the Saviors blows up in Ricks face, Abraham tries to assume control of the group. Theres also this thing between him and Eugene and Rosita.

5. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

What if she has a miscarriage? And the baby eats her from the inside out. Thatd be a good one.

6. ZombieFlanders

Why should Michone let the guy who's about to swing his bat on her live? Ok about the one you see only the head, but they're in war (imo war was declared by the saviors not Rick) and having one more enemy killed is better than not. Take one hostage could have been a better choice, i'm not sure if they can trust any info received that way.

If i were one of the saviors stalking Abe and Eugene i'd defenatly try to kidnap Eugene cause hes talking about refilling ammo.

#66 ZombieFlanders, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. marsyao

marsyao Member

When we say fighter here, we means soldiers or warriors

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

What do you mean they are in war? Saviors did not even know who Rick is before they met in that highway, of course it was Rick who declare the war. The problem I have with Rick is that he did not even bother to take that sole surviving Savior prisoner, instead he simply let him go, that was a big mistake.
    By the way Saviors do not know Eugen can refile ammo. As I said, if I was one of the Savior, I will kill Abraham and send Eugen back with a message "Challenge accept", tic for tat

#68 marsyao, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  9. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Fair enough. But I still think most of Ricks group would get their asses handed to them in close combat with what appear to be a bunch of rough-neck Daryl and Merle types. If it comes down to that... But the money story is Rick & Co. coming out on top and seizing control of Hilltop. Fighting a series of tribal wars. Going on to form a massive army and becoming the ruling party of post-zombie America. So Im sure theyll prevail through some form of cunning and guile.

10. Maca254

Maca254 Member

Because three guys with melee weapons can easily take down one with an assault rifle.

Right.

11. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

The Saviors told Rick to hand over his shit or face the barrel. Thats at the very least the first act of aggression.

Ricks being a cocky a bastard. He shouldve at least worked that guy over a little bit. Tried to get some kind of info out of him. Try to find out where the Saviors are hiding out. All hes done is made his presence known and invited the Saviors to come find him.

12. ZombieFlanders

What i mean is if you say Ricks demand is a declaration of war, saviors attempt to rob em is one too. I think he lets the guy go not only to deliver the message, he will also tell negan how it took about one second till everybody was dead, giving him something to fear. Still i'm with you, thats a mistake.

They have ears and Eugene is talking about refiling ammo.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

Of course what those Savior did was hostile action, but their motive was robbery, maybe even murder, but they did not know who Rick is, their action are individuals (these 4 Saviors) vs Individuals (Rick and his companions), not the ware between Savior the group vs Rick's group. What Rick did was self-defense, but if he killed those 4 Saviors and left, the Saviors group would not know what happened to their four members, so there would be no war and things would end here.
    I believe Rick was making a big mistake to let that survived Savior without even bothering to get any intelligence from him, it is an obvious case of over confidence, nothing good will come out of it.

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

Of course what those Savior did was hostile action, but their motive was robbery, maybe even murder, but they did not know who Rick is, their action are individuals (these 4 Saviors) vs Individuals (Rick and his companions), not the ware between Savior the group vs Rick's group. What Rick did was self-defense, but if he killed those 4 Saviors and left, the Saviors group would not know what happened to their four members, so there would be no war and things would end here. But by letting that survived Savior go and ordered him to bring that message to their leader, Rick declared the war
    I believe Rick was making a big mistake to let that survived Savior without even bothering to get any intelligence from him, it is an obvious case of over confidence, nothing good will come out of it.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

It is exactly what I thought, though I do think the Saviors are bad guys, just look what they tried to do to Rick on the highway. But I bet Jesus know far more information about the Saviors than he admitted to Rick, he was trying to convince Rick's group to fight those Saviors, he would not tell Rick anything that could imply those Saviors are too strong, that would risk scaring Rick's group away from the trouble

16. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I see what youre saying. But those guys did say they represent the Negan. "We are all Negan. He speaks through us. And we speak for him. Our words are his." Followed up with, "If you no longer wish to live we can accommodate." In fairness, they probably didnt know how big Ricks group is. Maybe they thought they were picking on a few stragglers. But thats a pretty serious act of aggression. Not really the words of individuals. Still, Ricks a damn fool. Great shit-talker. That was yet another mark out moment. But he shouldnt have shown his hand like that. Not very good strategery.

And yeh, somethings up w/ Jesus. Its odd that hes a great fighter. And so cunning. Yet everyone else in Hilltop seems to be fairly docile. Plus, he looks too much like The Governor to be trusted.

17. Negan

Negan Active Member

Anybody know when 98 is coming out?

And maybe it is because I started reading the series about 30 issues ago that I am really worried, but if they kill Abraham, I will be very, very angry. There is a time of death for everyone, and his character needs a little more time to be instead of being the guy who got the group to Alexandria.

18. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Theyre on a schedule of every 3 weeks until 100. So 98 will be out... on 30 May.

19. Negan

Negan Active Member

Then when is the preview? I just wanna see someone die here!

20. Peanut Q. Public

i don't. unless its Eugene. he's creepy.