Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Maggie Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by marsyao, May 4, 2012.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Well someone that Abraham brought along should die. Notice how Abraham's group is the only group in the comics that all of their members have yet to meet death.

2. Negan

Negan Active Member

Did you get that from the wiki? Because that is exactly what the wiki says on Eugene, Abraham, and Rosita's page. And I do not get why they call Gabriel a person in Abraham's group, because wasn't he the one that caught up with Rick and party on the way to Washington?

#82 Negan, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  3. Maca254

Maca254 Member

It's from the wiki, but it technically isn't true. Apparently Abraham sacrificed a lot of people to ensure Eugene's safety before they met up with Rick.

4. GreekSalads

Yup and its true. The wiki is also a good tool on survivor bios. You gotta love the color coded statuses they give each character. And I have no idea why they consider Gabriel as part of Abraham's group. Back before the Michonne's story in the playboy magazine, they considered Michonne a prison survivor even though she wasn't from the prison.

Those were just mentioned people. I'm talking about Abraham,Rosita,Eugene and according to the wiki, Gabriel.

#84 GreekSalads, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Peanut Q. Public

i'm a big one for the "pro-God" camp, and feel that Gabriel makes that side look bad. i mean these people come and feed him, save his life from not only the undead but some freaky cannibals and he tries to get them kicked out as soon as they find a safehaven. this is of course after he leaves his congregation to be eaten outside his church. just because he decided not to do it a second time doesn't mean i'm gonna forgive him. i still think he's a punk and needs to be gotten rid of. if you look closely under his priest collar you can see a red shirt poking out. its hard to see in black and white but if you have the imagination anything is possible.

6. Negan

Negan Active Member

Typical Christian.

inb4 religion flamewar

7. marsyao

marsyao Member

You have to see from his perspective, what he did was not for his own good since he was part of Rick's group and as a result he could be kicked out too, he did this from his conscious, you should remember Gabriel stayed in his church most of time after ZA, he did not see those horrors Rick experienced, of course he would be horrified for what Rick did to those hunters: in his eyes, though killing those hunters were justified, but dismembering them when they were still alive and forced other to watch and wait their turn were way cross the line, so that he saw Rick was no better than those hunters and he has to warn those Alexandria people who treated them so well

8. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

If were thinking of the same wiki- the one w/ the colored boxes- Abrahams classified as a "post-prison survivor. And not necessarily part of Abrahams group. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Comic_Series_Characters

9. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Whats the Playboy story?

10. Peanut Q. Public

thanks for your condescending attitude Feminem but i'm not Christian. and the only one who seems interested in a flame war is you. i'm just irritated that the entire character list seems pretty well atheist/agnostic, and the one guy who likes God is a total douchebag. the POINT of my post, since you don't seem to have read it, was that Gabriel needs to get gone. he's giving the rest of us a bad name.

yeah, what they did to the hunters was messed up but those people had just finished threatening to eat Rick's kid. and Gabriel, and Abraham, and Eugene, and Rosita, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Andrea, everyone Rick knows, and all the people who just saved Gabriel's ass. i feel like Gabriel must have been napping while they said that part. yeah they were brutal, but the world has gotten brutal. you got to adapt.

11. Negan

Negan Active Member

Woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH, Peanut Q. I was talking about Gabriel, not you. Man. Shit. Now I'm the bad guy. Grrrrr. Now I am mad. And I did read it. So kill me if you like.

You really think I'd be condescending to such a nicely mannered, lovely, and thoughtful woman like you? I am not like that. I am just a jerk, I guess. But you are one of the best members on this forum.

Now I am worried that you might hate me.

#91 Negan, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  12. marsyao

marsyao Member

Killing those hunters was of course justified, but they did not have to kill them by that way, Rick in the Atlantic camp would kill those hunters, but I do not think he would dismember them, it was those horrible things Rick and his group went through later made them so brutal, Gabriel did not have that kind of experience,it was not the killing these hunters horrified him, it was the way how Rick killed them horrified him, it was only natural to him to feel Rick was no different to those hunters, otherwise how could a human being could be so brutal?

#92 marsyao, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  13. Peanut Q. Public

i'm sorry Feminem. i thought you were referring to me.

and yeah i know what Rick and co did was overly brutal. it just seems to me that the entire world has degenerated to a more brutal way of life. i don't want to defend it but at the same time its like what Monroe said about that switch. pre z-day when you hear about a guy eating his kids eyes, you wanna find him and rough him up cuz he's sick and ate his kid's eyes. but you don't because you can't but what do you do when you can? really? in the world as is right now if cannibals tried to eat you, you would call the cops and be done with it, or you would call the cops and they would be let out on a technicality and kill you, whatever, but if the cops weren't an option, you might just shoot them and be done with it.... unless you had previously been tortured, raped, brutalized, had your wife and baby shot down in front of you, had to shoot your zombie sister, etc. had i endured all that i dunno how much restraint i would have with cannibals. knowing what they experienced, i wouldn't expect them to be all there either. but if the world is that far gone, i want Rick, Andrea and Michonne in my corner. Abraham too why not. i really don't want any of them to die, it would be nice to see Eugene and Gabriel redeem themselves. but if the red shirts are goin around regardless, best on them than someone i like.

14. GreekSalads

Eh, I always thought you were some troll from 4chan or something, but you are a great a member in this forum anyway. I agree, as a christian, I did not like Father Gabriel. Those cannibals deserved what they got.

The playboy story is about the Origins of Michonne. It was a short comic strip in the magazine. You can check out from this thread here.

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f39/michonne-origin-pages-playboy-magazine-2208.html

15. Negan

Negan Active Member

But I am a troll from 4chan...

Anyways, I realized in this issue that Heath was referring to a zombie as a "Walker". I don't know if that was an oversight or if they are now going to refer to them as walkers. In the next page though, Rick still called them "Roamers", and I personally really hate when the show calls the zombies "walkers" as I like Roamers better so I am glad they are not all of a sudden changing the names. Also, who agrees that Carl keeps getting more and more and more awesome everytime he is in a panel? I mean, for an eight to ten year old, he sure knows big words.

Speaking of Michonne comic, I absolutely Lol'ed at the Letter Hacks with the guy who said he would stop reading the comics due to the strip being put in Playboy.

16. Peanut Q. Public

LOL i know right! i liked RK's response to it even better. "hey, i'm sure it wasn't all that hard for you to pirate it... so what are you complaining about?"

17. GreekSalads

Yeah, every time in the TV show when I hear any of the characters saying walkers, It just irritates me a little. Roamers sound more pleasing. Those guys that attacked Rick,Hershel and Glenn at the bar called them roamers though (the ones in the truck after Dave and Tony were killed)

About the Guy in the letterhacks, What a loser! LOL

18. Peanut Q. Public

right! i mean, there's no WAY i will ever buy a Playboy. but the fact that i'm so crazy obsessed with TWD means i'm free advertising it to EVERYONE. "read the comics... watch the show... read the book(s[soon to be])...." and even "Playboy just came out with Michonne's back story" even though i totally didn't buy the magazine. i saw the post here. i truly apologize for forgetting who posted it. i think it was fatbrett or GreekSalads. don't remember.

19. andrea

andrea Member

I think they are wrong about the rotten walker. I think it ties back to the Saviours - see the Black Zombies thread. I don't think we'll see the end of the walkers anytime soon.

20. andrea

andrea Member

I am a girl and I bought it. I guess it depends on how important a complete collection is to you. It's not like they ran it on top of the centrefold, I just skipped the naked ladies. There was also a really good interview with Jon Hamm. I get people being upset about pandering, but Playboy is not a bad magazine. The content outweighed the naked ladies and, in addition to promoting comics, Hugh has been a champion of human rights. I read (perhaps the most insightful comment on this issue) a blog about how it is inappropriate for the Michonne story because of what's coming with the Governor (don't know how to use spoiler tags to I will just be super vague, but you fans know what I mean), but I still don't think Playboy is a mysoginistic magazine. As a strong, African American female, who remains fully clothed, it is almost fitting that her story appear here.