Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Milton Gonna Kill the Gov.?

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by raven n, Mar 14, 2013.

1. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

Everybody thinks that either Andrea, Michonne, Rick or even Merle will take out the Gov.: But what about Milton?
    Wouldn't he also be a contender too?
    He's right there, close by, the Gov. doesn't see him as a threat & he's starting to realize that the Gov. is 'nuggin futs'!
    I say he fits the bill. What do you all think?

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

He's too wimpy to kill.

3. Claymore

Claymore Member

I have Milton on the unofficial betting line. I agree that he has just as good of a chance as many of the contenders!

4. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

I say he's too rational to try something like that. If Milton does become a swing character in the next episode and wants the Governor dead, he'll probably use a borrowed knife by virtue of deception.

Failing which, his tea.

5. raven n

I wouldn't underestimate him like the Gov. does.
    Yeah, he's wimpy, but also practical. If it was necessary for his continued well being to off the Gov., he'd do it (though he might get killed in the process). He'd be able to get closer than anyone right at this moment in time, because people see him as a wimp. I think he didn't survive this long without a highly developed sense of self preservation & if he sees the Gov. as too unstable, he might calculate the pro's & cons of killing him, for the greater good.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I agree. Another key point is that in the ZA people are going to tend to flock to a strong leader. The Governor has kept them safe for about one year now so initially there is going to be loyalty there.

The key moment for Milton I feel is when he got to meet Hershel and Daryl. He realized that the "other side" isn't all that bad. So now he's beginning to question the Governor more. He's wondering why people from either side need to die. It seems unnecessaary. I'm sure Milton will play a key role in the Governor's downfall.

7. deadalready

deadalready Member

Yes, I'm thinking Milton may do it. He is one of the least likely and this show just keeps throwing us curve balls

8. raven n

I bet a couple of friends Lunch he'd be instrumental in taking down the Gov. - I even think he will be the one to do it.

9. Stealth

Milton may also make it to season # 4. Maybe he can help construct some sort of artificial leg for Hershel if he survives too.

10. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Milton comes across as the politically neutral type. He's more interested in scientific pursuits than righting the wrongdoings committed by human beings in ZA for "greater good". Milton is curious about the epidemic and I believe he's inherently virtuous but destroying the Governor seems out-of-character. It's too dramatic. Tyreese and Andrea might, but not someone like Milton.

11. raven n

I'm 99.999% sure it was Milton who torched the Walkers, because he has realized (even though he & the Gov. are/were(?) friends) that he's gone off the reservation (the chair with all the various torture devices -the speculum was particularly terrifying- may have had something to do with it, along with the truck full of Walkers).
    He also might do something when he realizes the Gov. has been bit.
    Oh yeah. Andrea may be his prisoner, but she's guaranteed his death one way or another. Now all that's left is to see who does the 'coup de gras' on his ass. I still say it's gonna be Milton. I hope he survives it.

12. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Agreed. After watching "Prey", I hope the honor of taking the Governor goes to Andrea. She's made two attempts already, third time's the charm. She has to be the one or it wouldn't look good on her CV for the next season haha...

I don't think it was Milton who torched the walkers though he's certainly involved in some ways. As for his line to the Governor "I hope you find out who did it", I understood it as his way of drawing attention away from the actual culprit and unto himself. There are two liars in this episode, Tyreese and Milton. I'd like to think that when backed into a corner, Milton does know how to handle the Governor like he once told Andrea. It may be a long shot but I see him working with Tyreese on this one.

About the Governor being bit, would be interesting seeing what Milton does. Nice catch.

13. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

-Most likely to kill him-
    Andrea
    Rick
    Milton
    -Least likely to kill him-

Either way, I think it'll be one of those three who ends it.

14. raven n

Thank you. It's possible they were torched by someone else (maybe even Martinez; since he's better at hiding what he really thinks around others & that's what makes him dangerous). It could also be that guy's (the tool who was gonna rob Rick's group) kid, I mean. who'd suspect him?
    But Milton is a really bad liar. He could be trying to get the Gov. to look at him instead of the real culprit (if it's not him), but if so, the Gov. will (if he hasn't already) quickly realize he's covering for someone else. The chances are also good that the Gov. will punish the wrong person, in his current condition, which will only ruin him further.
    He can see the empire he built falling down around him & he's determined to take everyone he sees as responsible (HE'S not to blame). It's all everyone elses fauly but his & there gonna pay. And since he's most likely bit, he's going Kamikaze.

15. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Regarding Milton burning the pits, there's a spoiler thread that may interest you: link.

I think there are two popular variants to Milton's conversation with the Governor end scene: (1) really bad liar, (2) a civil gesture to the Governor that he's not afraid to go against him. I guess we'll see. :D

16. Stealth

Whether he was bit or not, the Governor is becoming increasingly out of touch with reality and like many despots he will, as you said....take everyone with him. His current state of mind reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight where Alfred says, "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

17. raven n

I think I'll wait till the end of this season before i watch the spoiler, that way is much more fun for me.

And in regard to what Zugzwang said, I quite agree with the comparison: The Gov. is a vindictive little maggot who wants to spread as much pain as possible because he gets off on it. I can't wait to see what they finally do to him (then watch him on the Talking Dead & hear what he thought of the character he played & how he died)

18. Stealth

Yeah, I'm doing my best to avoid the spoilers too. It doesn't have the same impact when you know what's coming. I had that happen with another show I watched, someone told me a big spoiler and it ruined the final episodes for me.

As for the Governor, it's hard to guess how he goes down. Some now think he might've been bitten and/or scratched during his walker encounter. The one thing about the show in its first 3 seasons is that you can't really predict the course they're going to take. I thought Lori would die in Season 3, but I didn't expect it so soon.

19. raven n

It was just him, one gun & about a dozen Walkers so the chances of him NOT getting bitten or scratched are slim to none & it would make a convenient excuse for Milton to off him without repercussions from Martinez of the townsfolk.

20. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

i agree 100%, have a likey lol