Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is my dog a queer?

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Callysta, Sep 29, 2015.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

3. Sharpie61

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...rmer-Kentucky-governor/9911461233077/?ref=yfp

FRANKFORT, Ky., April 21 (UPI) -- A federal appeals court dismissed a lawsuit filed by Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis against the state for requiring her to issue same-sex marriage licenses.

Davis filed a lawsuit against former Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear and other state officials after she was compelled by state law to sign the marriage licenses against her religious beliefs. In December, newly elected Republican Gov. Matt Bevin signed an executive order removing names from the license forms.
    "The revision of the official marriage license form eliminates any claim by Davis that she is suffering any serious or irreparable consequences as the result of the district court's order," the appeals court said.
    Davis, the longtime Rowan County clerk, sparked controversy in August when she refused to issue marriage licenses to all couples after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalized gay marriage. She was jailed for five days for defying a judge's order to issue the licenses. She was sued by the American Civil Liberties Union. The lawsuit is pending.

4. westwingnut

5. Sharpie61

6. Sharpie61

Just when you thought you wouldn't hear from this broad again. No such luck.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-clerk-asks-court-dismiss-gay-marriage-lawsuit-154748150.html

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk who spent five days in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples asked a federal appeals court Tuesday to dismiss her appeals of a judge's ruling because of a new state law that will take effect next month.
    Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis stopped issuing all marriage licenses after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling effectively legalized gay marriage last year. Two gay couples and two straight couples sued her. A federal judge ordered her to issue the licenses, but she refused and went to jail.
    Davis appealed the decision, and a federal appeals court had scheduled arguments in the case next month. But in April, the state legislature approved a new law removing the county clerks' names and authorizations from state marriage licenses. Davis said the law accommodates her religious beliefs and makes her appeals unnecessary.
    In a news release, Davis thanked state lawmakers, Republican Gov. Matt Bevin, her attorneys and Jesus Christ, who she said "redeemed me and is my solid rock on which I stand."
    "I am pleased that I can continue to serve my community as the Rowan County Clerk without having to sacrifice my religious convictions and conscience," said Davis, who was elected as a Democrat but switched to a Republican after her incarceration. She will be up for re-election in 2018.
    The American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky, which also sued Davis along with the couples, said it agrees that Davis' appeals should be dismissed. However, spokeswoman Amber Duke said the merits of the case unrelated to her specific appeal are still before the courts.
    "On the eve of the one-year anniversary of the Supreme Court's ruling, we're pleased that same-sex couples can fully realize legal recognition of their love, including in Rowan County, Kentucky," said James D. Esseks, director of the ACLU Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & HIV Project.
    Davis' attorneys are asking the appeals court to dismiss her appeals and to vacate all of the court orders issued in the case, including the contempt order from U.S. District Judge David Bunning that sent Davis to jail. Davis' attorneys also ask the court that "no costs be taxed against her."
    ___
    This story has been corrected to attribute a quote to James D. Esseks, not Amber Duke

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Later, Jesus issued a statement asking Davis to get off his side.

8. westwingnut

Oh, it's not over just yet. The new marriage license and certificate form will be issued next month. Then we will see if she stops altering government documents.

ETA: The last paragraph of the story is the key:
    So she isn't just asking for her appeal to be dismissed, she is also asking for the previous ruling against her to be dismissed, and she is trying to avoid paying the court costs.

#148 westwingnut, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  9. westwingnut

Mike Huckabee has to pay $25,000 for using ‘Eye of the Tiger’

10. Sharpie61

11. Sharpie61

Speaking of Kentucky. I think Kim may want to hide out on the new Noah's Ark and hope for another flood. She just found herself in very deep water, this time.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/07/07/3796083/kim-davis-liberty-counsel-open-records/?ref=yfp

12. westwingnut

I have no clue where else to post this story.....

Transgender Woman Charged With Voyeurism in Target Dressing Room

[​IMG]

13. Sharpie61

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. westwingnut

A lot of the commenters think that is a heterosexual man who pretended to be transgender in order to gain access to the womens changing area. This story just broke, so more information is needed, but that theory does seem plausible.

This is the kind of story that Fox News usually pounces on and CNN pretends didn't happen. I'm curious to see what will happen tomorrow.

15. Sharpie61

I recently saw photos of some famous people, who were transgender. I have to say, I was surprised by some of them.
    http://www.wizzed.com/21-transgende...utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=transgender1

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. westwingnut

An educational twist on the Noah's Ark Park in Kentucky:

Public schools warned about taking field trips to Noah’s Ark park

Ark park offers $1 admission to public school kids after field-trip warning

I've also learned that of the $100 million that was used to build the Ark, $62 million came from Williamstown, the city (population 3227) where it is located. Williamstown floated a bond issuance and gave the proceeds to Answers In Genesis in a no-interest loan. AIG is supposed to pay back the loan through increased property taxes and a 2% surcharge on employee salaries. Williamstown also sold the land for the Ark for $1.

#156 westwingnut, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  17. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

18. Sharpie61

19. Sharpie61

• Like Like x 1
  20. westwingnut

• Like Like x 1