Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Nick right?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by yuke, May 26, 2016.

1. yuke

yuke Member

Everywhere this group goes people die. In what are seemingly stable environments, when this group comes there is a complete destabilization of what are safe and sustainable situations. I can think of the ranger station and the Abigails as both being places that could have been safe for years if not for our group's interference.

Even Connor's group, although evil, could have eventually been a sustainable situation, although I think they definitely needed to die.

Thoughts?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The situation at the rangers station wasn't their fault though. The wife was looking for ANYONE to take her kids so if not them, any other group that comes along. Now the Abilgail compound is a different story. lol But jeez, Celia had that coming.

Wait, that would have happened with any other group too.

I'm conflicted.

3. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

I think the same thing can be said of Rick's group from the main series. Everyone they come in contact with goes to shit. Vatos, Atlanta survivors, CDC, prisoners, Woodbury, Governors new group. termites, claimers, cross cops, Alexandria,,,, Rick is about as handy as a syphillitic leper at an orgy.

4. PepperAnn

LMAO!

5. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Disagree completely. People are going to die no matter if our group goes there or not. They places and groups they encounter are not "stable". In your examples, the ranger station, do you really think that if our group didn't go there it would be safe for years? No other group of people would have found it? Really? Abigail's place is safe with Walkers in the wine cellar and the Parishioners almost attacking them?
    Come on now...

#5 Guitarman23, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Disagree completely. The groups and places they come into contact with don't "go to shit" simply because of Rick's group. In many cases it is only a matter of time before the outside world effects their groups. And some of the groups SHOULD be wiped out. Terminus? Joe's crew? Woodbury?

As for your dig at Rick being handy, I think he has done a pretty good job for his "family". He has gotten them much farther than they would have gotten without him. Has he made mistakes? Sure. Is he perfect? No. But in my opinion, they are better off with him than without him.

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

Nick obviously is not a fan of Arnold.
    Let's see what Arnold has to say about it.

[video=youtube;OrVLOvJFtzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVLOvJFtzM[/video]

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

Nick is deluded, when he thinks that Ceilia's behavior is normal, and blames his cast and crew for bringing the shit-storm down on them.

And right or wrong... do you think that his walking off is rational or acceptable?
    He is another character who had potential, and it was especially thoughtful of him to go get and bring Luis back as a peace offering.
    But to abandon his family, like that. I have no use for him.

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

In the normal world, he is at the right age to strike out on his own, and in his former life he had already disappeared for long stretches as a junkie, so his leaving in this situation isn't as jarring as it could be. He is tired of being treated as incompetent by his mother, when he knows he actually functions successfully in this world. I don't think Madison feels the loss of him for what you and I know he brings to the group. I think she is only experiencing a mother's anxiety for her child's well-being.

I think it is inevitable they will reunite soon. With the hacienda up in flames and their leader gone, the original group doesn't have the same upper hand in forcing the new group to stay away.

10. Poppy

Poppy Member

LOL... all this is true... in a normal world.

I don't think that NORMAL rules apply anymore. :zombies_rolleyes:

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I agree with this -- he abandoned his family to walk with brainless entities whose only remaining function is to kill and eat. I have no use for him either. I don't like this turn of the story because-- just for a short while before Celia got her clutches into him -- he seemed like he was becoming a decent person. I did wonder whether part of this is that he can no longer tolerate Madison's distrust of him -- understandable though it may be. Interested to see: will Nick find himself on this strange quest or will he die?

12. Poppy

Poppy Member

Yawn... I don't think we are going to see anybody die.
    Considering that they are 43 minute episodes, and now we'll have at least four story lines, maybe five or six if you want to include Celia's group, and Connor's group including Alex. That's only 7-11 minutes for each story line if they show them in each episode.

I'm curious to see if they can turn this around and make it interesting. It's like reading a bad book, that you have so much time invested in it, that you keep reading it, hoping that it will get better.

13. PepperAnn

I'm really curious to see what Nick's plan is, or if he even has one. For someone that seemed to be pretty level headed during these screwed up times.....him all of a sudden going off the rails and doing something as irrational as drifting off into a sea of walkers....it's just weird. And dumb.

14. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

ROFL at the idea of Nick " suddenly going off the rails" and being irrational. This is guy who was shooting heroin in an abandoned church, who ran out into traffic because his girlfriend decided that while she obviously didnt have any brains of her own other people's brains looked tasty. He killed his drug dealer best friend - twice I might add. He was breaking into homes and stealing drugs while the neighborhood was under martial law and actively patrolled by M-16 toting soldiers, and he was laying under a dying mans bed, diverting his morphine drip. Then he got bought as a prison brag by a gay prostitute in exchange for one cufflink. But NOW he's making bad choices????

15. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

His choice in clothing is questionable also.
    Who would use a white shirt or jacket and cover yourself in blood and guts, and not reuse it ,every five minutes he likes to take a blood bath, his washing basket would be overflowing.
    His dry cleaning bill must be terrible.

Sent from my iPad using my index finger on my right hand and very little insight.