Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Rick "Special"?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Chewy76, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Chewy76

Chewy76 New Member

When Shane puts his head against Rick's chest in the hospital, he says he could not hear a heart beat. He attributes this to maybe the gun fire affecting his hearing, he wasn't sure, but this lead him to believe Rick had died.

However, Shane did pull all of Rick's wires out of the machines that were helping to keep him alive. So it is plausible that Rick's heart may have stopped and he may have died for a few minutes. This would be just like the stories of people who are clinically dead for a moment but then come back to life.

So if Shane did not hear a heartbeat due to gun fire, then this point is moot.

However if Shane did not hear a heartbeat because Rick did in fact "die" for a brief amount of time due to being disconnected from the machines, then the question is why did he not turn?

Is he special, or maybe "the one"?

2. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He's not special. He's the same as everyone else.

3. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

Slightly "Short Bus Special" if you ask me but, decidedly human, beyond that. IMHO.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Nah....this isn't The Matrix. There is no "the one". Shane just f*cked up and actually thought he had died when he hadn't.

5. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Yup, he's special ...15min till Judge Wapner:zombies_lol:

6. RicksRightHand

Rick's not special. He's just your average guy in a not so average world.

7. Damrod

Damrod Member

Shane was panicked. people were dieing around him. Screams, noise, gunfire and his own heart racing. He couldnt hear anything. He should have checked for a pulse instead. Ricks body was in healing mode and maybe close to death.

8. stompykitty

stompykitty New Member

I humbly agree, gunfire, chaos, Shane all amped up....just couldn't hear a heartbeat. Honest mistake I thought, he had to make a snap decision.

9. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

That would be s great way to end the series, he finds that he is the exemption and he is The Walking Dead and, he has antibodies to cure everyone... Lol :)

10. Busted Flipflop

I think Shane was in panic mode. There was commotion going on outside in the hallways. He may have been hasty and distracted.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

shane just couldn't hear it.

12. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Then the bonehead should have looked at the EKG monitor before ripping off the wires!

I got a feeling that Shane wanted Rick dead right then. His claim to "I didn't look at her before that" as it relates to Lori is bull$h|t. Bastard knew what he was doing.
    *12*

13. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I want to know why the soldiers didn't shoot Rick when he was lying on the bed. The soldiers knew he could turn because they were shooting the dead people in the hallway in the head.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

because plot. maybe they thought he'd been dealt with?

15. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I highly doubt that. He was trying to save Rick and he actually tried to carry him out but realized he wouldn't have made it. He also barricaded the door so they wouldn't get in.

16. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

A touch of Heston in The Omega Man? ;)

17. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

How did you know ? ;)

18. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

I'm old enough to have seen that movie in a theater and have loved it ever since. *GRIN*

19. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

If by special you mean that he is a main character in a TV show, yes. As for him being able to save people with his super zombie antibodies then, no. Rick is just in a world of hurt like everybody else and has the unfortunent ability of people following him even when he doesn't want them to.

20. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

The Last Man on Earth is SOOOO much better than I am Omega. Especially when you look in the background of TLMOE and see cars rolling by. I get a chuckle out of that every time. :zombies_lol: