Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is the ‘New Deal’ working for you? Rate and Discuss

Discussion in 'Episode 1118 - A New Deal' started by BlackBird, Oct 4, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

This thread will contain spoilers so please only read after you’ve watched the episode … or if you don’t care!

2. BlackBird

As I’ve already seen this episode, I might as well jot down my reactions whilst I can still remember them!

A much better episode for me than the previous one. I’d give it 8+. Might even go as far as 9.

Oh my god, Daryl. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Loved the montage from the past at the beginning, just like last week’s, it’s proving to be very emotional.

Before I say anything else, may I just take a moment to ponder how incredibly attractive an angry man can be, when they are restraining their anger. I was just floored by Daryl in this episode from start to finish, but that opening sequence was something else. A total shocker too, him going for Lance after he’d appeared to let go off him. Lance deserved so much more, so he should be relieved Daryl let him get off relatively lightly. [​IMG] The look on Negan’s face though, how impressed he was, priceless.

So I’m totally into this story of Carol making a deal, and all the complications it entails, whether to leave or try to stay and start a revolution to overthrow the Miltons.

I hate the idea of them having to start all over again in this hostile world, as a small group. The kids need stability. They all do. I really want them to find a way to stay and make the Commonwealth work for them.

Leaving might not even be an option for them all. It seems like Annie might need to stay, for medical attention, despite what she’s saying about wanting to leave. Something is being set up here, that leads to why Negan will go on a mission with Maggie, and not Annie, in the spin-off.
    Ezekiel has already said he doesn’t want to leave. Eugene will be conflicted if Max wants to stay.

The tape recording and its play-back was very satisfying, as was jackass Sebastian’s demise, but now we will have a major fallout from this, and everyone will be in danger again, no surprise there.

Daryl snapping and then making up with Judith, him talking about his childhood and telling Judith how he feels out of his depth in this parenting role but he’s trying real hard… just how many times can this man break my heart in one episode?

I think the show is really exciting right now and I can’t wait to see what’s next. Will they stay? Will they go? Who will stay and who will go? If they stay, how will that work?

And we still don’t know what has happened at Oceanside. Did Lance massacre them or let them live? That’s where Aaron’s group is heading, so we should soon find out. Lydia and Elijah, sweet young love. Nice moments between her and Carol and Daryl. Wish we could see more of her, such a great character and brilliant young actress.

Sooooo looking forward to the next episode.
    over to you folks, I hope you’ve enjoyed it too.

#2 BlackBird, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It had some satisfying moments. Was Sebastian turning the corner or was it all an act? Chasing Max down and trying to feed her to a walker showed that any humility he might have gained was short lived. He got what he deserved…what he had meted out to others. The fact that he’s the “heir” of course is going to have consequences. Pamela will be on the rampage and Lance will be freed to work his ****ery with his two henchmen.

Some of TF have already gone with wishes for a safe journey. For those who were in the process of leaving or had decided to stay will find themselves in some danger, as the aftermath of Sebastian’s death unfolds. Good thing Judith can still shoot her handgun cause she’ll need it shortly, I think, to save those she loves along with skills we know our people have.

I’m on pins and needles actually cause I don’t want to lose one more TF member this late in the game. C’mon, give the loyal viewers who are sticking this out to the end that much at least.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DNK

DNK New Member

I suspect we will loose a bigger character. Due to the spin-off we already can assue it's not gonna be Negan, Daryll or Maggie. I'm afraid for Jerry and/or Aaron. The two dads of the series

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

For your sake I hope that's the case, but this franchise has shown that it doesn't care. They aren't even wrapping up their story. They're now saying you have to watch at least three different spinoffs to see what happens. And that's not respecting the viewers at all.

Shows like Breaking Bad, the Last Kingdom and the Expanse, not only knew what they were but they delivered for the fans in the end. It doesn't mean everything we want happens but it's true to the original story that you embarked on in the beginning. You don't just throw in cheap gimmicks like we saw on Game of Thrones, and Walking Dead where we were all Gimpled.

I'm torn between which "creative" talent I abhor the most, the people that ruined Dexter or Gimple. Prior to GOT Dexter was seen as the worst ending of a show. Then they decided to fix it with a reboot 8 years later. The show had the feel of the original for over the first half of the season. People were buying in again, and then, they delivered another disastrous finale. That's quite an accomplishment, two for the same series. I doubt that will be surpassed. It was so bad that many thought the first terrible finale was actually better.

But I loathe what Gimple did to TWD so much that I can't even put him above the Dexter mess. The show did not have to become what it did.

• Like Like x 1
  7. purriwinkle

Nope, LOL

[​IMG]

JK of course. You may be right and I’ll hate it if they go that way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

I never watched Dexter but having watched GoTs I understand all too well how a show can be totally ruined by the ending. Sometimes a show can go off the rails from the source material but still wrap it up with a more or less satisfying ending. That’s what happened with True Blood. We got this:

[​IMG]

It gave the viewers a sense that despite all the crap that went down, our characters emerged from the storm to a better place. Some might have thought that cheesy but sometimes a happy ending is just what’s needed like in the Last Kingdom.
    *I don’t know if you picked this up during the UK Royal funerals but Prince Philip’s mother was Princess Alice of Battenberg

I could do with a feeling that our characters survived all they did to find some relative safety and happiness. To keep them on the run, in danger, just to perpetuate a franchise that has run it’s course is too bad. The only spin off that should have gone forward, IMO, was the ending to Rick’s story since they never gave us that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlackBird

I reluctantly agree with that (even though it goes against the grain for me to pass on some more Daryl Dixon:rolleyes:), but would go a step further and say that they should have incorporated the Rick and Michonne spin-off into the mother show’s final season, and finish it with a massively well earned reunion for the remaining members of Team Family. What an amazing reward that would have been for the fans who have stuck with the show through thick and thin.

I’m very curious how they will end the main series - but if it’s an ending with echoes of the future (past reunion) it won’t be as exciting to see how Michonne actually finds Rick and how they return in the spin-offs. The show started with Rick and should have finished with Rick. It’s pretty obvious by now that Hornsby must have been in touch with the group that has taken Rick, might even know Rick.

Of course at this stage we are just speculating, because we don’t actually know yet how the show is going to end, however the pure existence of the planned spin-offs indicates that there will be plenty of unfinished business. And that’s a shame for the main show.

#9 BlackBird, Oct 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

Yeah I agree on True Blood. That's a series that went on too long. Yet they managed to deliver a satisfying ending. And that's not an easy things after you've gone off the rails a bit. We see good series that can't conclude well, so you always have to give credit when a show does it.

Californication is another one. It was on too long. Much of the same stuff got recycled, but then they captured everything that was right about the show from the early days, brought everything full circle, and actually delivered one of the best final episodes of any series.

11. DNK

DNK New Member

Hahaha i'm really really happy my suspicion was wrong! They were badass

12. Stealth

While I've made it clear I'm not a fan of these spinoffs, the very least they could've done was incorporate Daryl's story with Rick/Michonne. He's like a brother to Rick, and to have redneck Daryl end up in France is like a comedy skit. It's giving the middle finger to the audience. If you are going to do spinoffs, at least do them right and make them faithful to the show and the characters. What's next? Rosita in a space station?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. BlackBird

lol. I have no idea what they’re planning for Daryl to do in France. It sounds ludicrous I agree. We’ll see. I was presuming it would have something to do with Rick though - but who knows. I would be totally gutted if we were denied a Daryl/Michonne/Rick/Judith and JR reunion. Not to mention Rick reuniting with everyone who still thinks he’s dead. And Morgan? And Negan? If only they had just brought Rick and Michonne back for this final 8. That’s what we should have had. Trade the whole stupid Reapers story in for that. Oh well. It’s all a huge mess. They just need to make the best out of this bad situation. They’re doing pretty well at the moment but in an episode or so they’d need to start winding things up, and I’m rather curious how they have done it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Stealth

Or they could've just done another season and had the reunion/resolution there. Some of it is a lack of planning but I wonder too if it's contractual, and if they did a Season 12 it would mean they'd have to pay more people than they wanted to. The reason I say this is why have a Season 11 A, B and then C? No series that I know of has ever done three parts. Why not just call it 12? So I think money concerns are at play, that if it's Season 12 it falls under a new contract for some of these people and they don't want to pay the entire general cast.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The last episodes Darryl will start to dream; first of french fries, next of french toast,french bread ,french vanilla ice cream. Then at the start of his own series he wakes up in France! Foreshadowing by the brilliant new writers!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

I'm all for adding the elements of two horrible endings of shows together. What if Drogon landed with Dany's body? Daryl assists him in burying her, they bond, and then he flies Daryl to France. So now Daryl has a dragon in the spinoff? Or is that not good enough and we need to add a Marvel universe character into the script to make it more believable? Like, Daryl, Drogon and Dr. Strange?

• Like Like x 1