Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is there a spy in Rick's group?

Discussion in 'Episode 313 - Arrow on the Doorpost' started by dogfighter, Mar 15, 2013.

1. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

How did the Governor know that Rick got some more weapons?

2. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

He has people watching the prison at all times. I highly doubt Merle is A spy.

3. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

My money is on Judith.

She is mad at big 1/2 brother Carl for killing both her parents, and ad at being born into a prison.

My theory is that she has been sending out signals in her diapers......some kind of morse code.

Then again, we don't know where she is all the time, eh? she could be sending out smoke signals.

And yes, I have started celebrating Saint Patrick's day a little early........More Jamesons please!!!

4. Silky

Silky Member

Merle is spying. I bet Milton gave him a little walkie talkie he has hidden. The whole fight with Daryl was set up. I don't know if you guys discussed this already but how did the Govenor even know Daryl was Merle's brother? When he captured Daryl and brought him out, Merle was surprised to see him. Or at least he pretended to be. Then he says don't worry little brother follow my lead or something to that effect. He was so sure he was getting out of there even though they were outnumbered. I think something is up with Merle.

5. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Merle's lies led to the Gov losing and eye and his dead kid, Merle isnt a spy. The only "spy" is outside the prison just keeping an eye on the prison.

6. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Interesting catch. But if Merle made an agreement with the Governor to spy on Rick, why was he reluctant about returning to the prison in the first place?

7. Silky

Silky Member

The Governor is just as much to blame for that as Merle. Merle was acting on orders on the first place. He's the spy.

8. Silky

Silky Member

He feels forced to do it. He wanted to keep Daryl away from the prison because of the shootout. And if you noticed, he stayed away just long enough to miss that. That's why he wants the Governor dead so bad.

9. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

I see... but given the group's mistrust, hard to imagine they failed to frisk him before admitting him into the Prison. Rick & Co. don't seem like the careless sort.

But yeah, Milton radioing someone outside is a possibility I didn't rule out. He was jumpy when the Governor crept up on him.

10. Silky

Silky Member

Yes, come on over to my side lol. But seriously I just have an uneasy feeling about Merle. But remember they were with Merle when they escaped Woodbury. And with Daryl always coming to his defense I can see how they didn't frisk him. Keeping him in a cell was probably good enough for them.

11. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

On the subject of spy, I'm leaning towards Hershel. He's one of my favorite characters but imo dude has the wit and motivation to do just that. No one knew he's a sharp shooter in season two until the situation called for it. His character isn't as cookie-cutter or one-dimensional as it seems.

Also, you might be interested in this article.

12. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Merle is not a spy -_-

13. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Well, it's certainly not a popular view in most discussions. Merle is a very interesting character because he's unpredictable and concerned only with his own agenda — noble causes and group welfare be damned. Daryl's probably the only one he cares about.

But as you said in #8, if Merle wants the Governor dead, why would he help spy on Rick?

14. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

No......

15. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I should re-word my last post, I doubt Merle was a spy at the beginning, he didn't even want to go back to the prison, he wanted to be with Daryl, but if Merle is given a deal I can see him switching sides at any point, he only cares about himself and his brother, as much as I like him, it's the truth. He could become one but I don't think it was originally like that.

16. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

That's the beauty of it. He's a cunning opportunist with potential access across both sides, but the more pressing question is communication tool. How did he communicate with the Governor while locked up and/or heavily monitored by prison members? When Merle wanted Glenn to "load up half the firearm and pay the Governor a visit" during Rick's negotiation, possibility of a double-cross entered my mind.

But really, no amount of meta-analysis will yield fruitful results. We'll just have to wait and see because frankly, the writers are less than consistent this season. TWD is not the kind to execute flawless continuity. If this is a Coen Brother's feature (No Country for Old Men, Big Lebowski), I'd be more inclined to analyze in detail because every single clue is there for a reason.

* sigh... *

17. last man walking

last man walking New Member

Heck Yea! Andrea keeps walking the the prison, with zombie help. And secretly meets with MERLE the spy and returns to tell the Governor. Slow it down and look and see who the hitchhiker really is.

18. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Drink up brother!!!

19. Yukon

Yukon Member

He does? Um... Why don't they kill the people watching?

20. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

Hard to kill what you can't see.