Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is this the beginning of the end for Merle?

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by nlew, Nov 19, 2012.

1. nlew

nlew New Member

After watching last night's episode a few things stood out to me. First of all I thought a little more insight about Merle and Daryl's relationship was revealed. Daryl made the comment that he was allowed to play with the neighborhood kids when Merle wasn't around. Also, after capturing Glen and Maggie, Merle refers to Maggie as Glen's pretty little girlfriend. Then a scene from next week's episode shows Merle walking into the room with Maggie. Based on this information I have come up with a theory. See what you think...

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

My guess is Daryl kills Merle in the mid-season finale.

3. TheVacantThrone

My guess is also that Maggie

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

That was the Gov walking in to "talk" to Maggie. I still want to know why neither of them shot Merle on sight. If I was Glen I would have shot him and told Maggie to never speak of it. Back on topic, I think Glen and Maggie will be tortured and one or the other will let slip about the prison. Not cracking mind you, just slipping before their eventual rescue. Merle and Daryl will be reunited and a line in the sand will be drawn for the brothers as well as the group and Andrea.

5. Falkor

Falkor New Member

I'd love to see Merle beat the stuffing out of Michonne. She's nothing without her katana.

6. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I think Merle will die sometime season 4.

7. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

I'll have my money on this too!

8. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

interesting. how much?

9. Jennifer Self

Jennifer Self New Member

I picked up on that bit about Merle not letting Daryl play, too. Although in the beginning Daryl was angry about losing his brother, I think this group has shown him the closest thing to what a real family is like (that he's ever known). I sure don't see Daryl joining ranks with Merle now. Not when he's got people depending on him (Carl, baby, Carol)...Merle never depended on him for anything.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

My bets are on Darryl killing Merle in the next few episodes. Merle is annoying the crap out of me..

11. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I have some feeling that Daryl and Merle will fight with each other later in the show.

After Merle's kidnapping I think that he will never be welcome to the Rick's group.

Even if he gets the location either from Glenn or Maggie, bad things will happen. Right now, Merle is really annoying me...

12. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

I'll bet a hundred imaginary cyber-dollars.

I'd go a bit higher, but I'm not 100% certain.

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't be a scrooge, make it 200 hundred cyber-dollars lmao

14. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

haha .. you guys got really big cyber balls

15. InsidePower88

InsidePower88 New Member

i also think the clock's ticking on merle here, which is a shame because i think he's one of the more interesting/polarizing characters in the show. he's basically a full-blown bad guy but he's hard not to like. michael rooker is doing a fantastic job i gotta say.

16. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

I don't see Daryl siding with his brother at all. Not after what Michonne would have told them and how he's kidnapped glen and Maggie.

17. RDZ

RDZ Member

Agreed, I don't believe Daryl will trust his brother too much based on his history with his brother and what Michonne will soon tell Rick's group about Merle and his kidnapping of Glen and Maggie. I am looking forward to it.

18. Studio472

Studio472 New Member

Merp

I'm surprised this hasn't been pointed out. Merle made the mistake of lying to the Gov about killing Michonne. When the gov finds that out that she's alive and that Merle lied about killing her, it will be interesting to see how he deal with it.

This show does have a way of keeping the annoying characters around about 5 episodes past they're welcome. Or in Carl's case, every episode.

19. DrBlive

DrBlive Member

How much of a dick do you want to be? Wanting to see a women get beaten up so your point gets proven. Couldn't care less if its a show or not, your a dick

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I don't believe he would have been welcome back into the group regardless. They are very selective on who is in and who isn't these days, and after his attitude way back in Atlanta....I think he wore that welcome out long ago.