Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Isle of the Dead (Another TWD spinoff)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Stealth, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

So they just announced there will be another spinoff, Isle of the Dead.

It's going to star Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan. Yes, Negan and Maggie will team up.

When I saw Isle I thought at first it'd be set on an island, and technically it is. But they're going to explore New York City and not be on some more remote location.

While Negan and Maggie are two of the few remaining interesting characters for me, I don't know how you bridge the gap from him killing Glenn to her traveling with him. It's far fetched, but it's not even in the top tier of ridiculous things they've done, so I'll let it go for now. They'll probably have Negan save Hershel or something.

What I find hilarious is how they continue to diminish the interest in their current series by announcing all the people that are sure to survive this season. We now have Daryl, Carol, Maggie and Negan who will. That's all of the main characters. I know we'll all be on the edges of our seats to find out if favorites like Father Gabriel, Eugene or the assorted Commonwealth automatons survive.

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If I were to choose one between these 2 spinoffs (Daryl+Carol vs Maggie+Negan), I would most likely to pick the latter, especially when the location for Maggie+Negan is NYC. I really like to see more a city background like Manhattan in the ZA.

And, my guess is, the tension between Maggie and Negan has not resolved in this spinoff. If Maggie has forgiven Negan (say, due to Negan saving Hershel Junior), the story development would be less interesting or appealing to me.

Lastly, I wonder if this title has anything to do with the Bocklin painting.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I saw this and my first reaction was where’s Herschel? Who’d she stash him with while she rams around with Negan of all people?

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’m still a bit upset that they just showed that 2 more characters survive the end.
    Kind of disappointed about that.

The truth is out there

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

One possibility is that Hersher Jr is abducted by mysterious child kidnapper(s). Negan was around when that happened and so he is the only one who saw the whole incident. So, Maggie has no choice but to ask him to go along to track down Hershel Jr., taking the couple from Washington DC area all the way to Manhattan.
    My wild wild guess, of course.

PS One potential kidnapper could be Leah Shaw, who is so fed up with Maggie killing her family that she decides to steal Maggie's family (ie Hershel Junior) from her.

#5 Blueman, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

To be honest I still don't really know why they keep on doing this. We have main show that hasn't stopped bleeding viewership and by the end of season 11 will likely have some episodes that didn't even get a million viewers.

If the main show isn't able to hold people's interest do they really think these spinoffs will when the characters that are going to be in it are already in the main show.

What's going to end up happening is that AMC is going to have multiple shows going on that aren't much more than expensive fan films.

7. lastcat3

And it would probably end up being a little humorous to see what this scantily budgeted program would look like trying to replicate New York City.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Maggie and Negan settle in a penthouse which lasts only 1 episode because they tire walking up all the steps with no elevators working. They move to a bottom unit where Negan spends most of the episodes smashing roaches and rats with his bat.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

0h, no! In my world nothing bad happens to Herschel. I would rather see Negan smashing roaches and rats with his bat even though it would put me to sleep 10 minutes in.o_O

• Like Like x 1
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Time skip before show starts so Hershel is older. First episode : Maggie and Negan search for a bicycle for Hershel that is fast enough to elude zombies while he is on his pizza delivery job.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Stealth

My first thought was that we'll have a lot of dark scenes, with them in the subway system or buildings. You know how they love to make viewers need infrared night goggles to view some episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

Episode 2: Negan takes his bat to Yankee Stadium

• Like Like x 2
  13. lastcat3

Yeah I would imagine that will be what they will do. And technically speaking I guess it wouldn't be that unrealistic for survivors around NYC to move down into the subway tunnels. It will make for some tv viewing that would get old really quick though.

In anycase by then I will be focusing on a zombie apocalypse show that is putting 10+ million dollars an episode into their series. It is currently shooting now and based on what the sets look like and the talent they are bringing in it will be by default likely be far better than what we have seen from TWD the past several seasons.

#13 lastcat3, Mar 11, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  14. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

May be that was just a distraction to make everyone think they will survive past the end of the show. May be it will be filmed from the walkers point of view and Negan & Maggie are both walking deads roaming NYC.

15. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I smell a red herring.

"Isle Of The Dead"? Gotta be a joke; a play on "I Love The Dead".

The film "This is Spinal Tap" used a similar line. They performed at the "Isle Of Lucy" (I Love Lucy).

I don't expect either character to survive the series.

16. lastcat3

Let's just hope it was a red herring and we can put to bed the idea that they are trying to add even more spinoffs to a series that is barely getting over a million viewers now.