Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 109 discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by MrSmith317, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

This was a good issue. A little different than what I expected with Maggie's mourning taking focus. With everyone making the preparations to go to war with Negan and Rick finally letting people in. I'm even more jazzed for the next issue. I actually smiled to myself when I saw the single frame of Carl smirking when Rick told him he was in. I really don't get how Kirkman can stuff so much into so little.

I left the major "Holy crap" moment in spoiler tags just in case.

2. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

It wasn't great, not horrible though. Looks like the hat is finally gone...

3. Not-A-Pervert

Not-A-Pervert Member

This is the first issue I ever picked up (an I plan to do it monthly from now on).
    The drive to the comic shop lasted longer than me reading it! Either way, this issue seems to be a paving the road for an epic battle, can't wait to see that.

I wonder how Kal is going to play into all this. Also, I'm digging Carl's hairstyle in this. Totally has that " damaged soul" look going on.

#3 Not-A-Pervert, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  4. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

From what I hear, Brianna is going to be another character brought into the fold.. And no hat for Carl means the Emo hair is here to stay. And Jesus(Paul) looks like he's going to be a really good ally for Rick! Im stoked to see how it unfolds with Negan. It won't be the explosions and tanks like with the Gov, this is gonna be more hand to hand and guerrilla style!

5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

great issue. but it just reaffirmed my hatred for Gregory and Spencer. Gregory really had the nerve to call someone else arrogant. and ****ing Kal. i had a feeling Negan had a mole but i thought it was Gregory, you know since he has no spine.

i can see Maggie and Briana being good friends. up til now Maggie never really had a girl friend, jus the other Greenes, Glenn and Sophia. i loved the look on her face when Jesus said theyre goin after Negan. and i loved it even more when she just went with Molly.

between Earl and Eugene they could have a nice lil armory on their hands to take down the Saviors.

and after their conversation, i have a feeling Rick or Michonne is gonna die during the fight with the Saviors. plus Ricks i want you by my side to Carl. idk, but im leaning more towards Michonne. that 112 cover makes it seem like Negan killed Rick but Carl has a good relationship with Michonne and we saw her and Andrea spend some time bonding a couple issues back. by the time the fight begins it will have been a while since Glenn so i def foresee a major death.

and Carl is wearing the hat on the 112 cover. it will never go away. im sure Carl just doesnt wear it in the house.

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

If we're talking moles I would have thought that rat bastard Spencer would be the one.

7. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Hate that guy...

8. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Classic Kal.

9. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

I liked that this was a dialogue-driven issue. Those take me longer to read. Lol

Seriously, I really liked this issue. There was great buildup where you feel the momentum growing against Negan, then at the end the rug gets pulled out from under you.

I'm glad to see Jesus make a mistake (he's human!) but I did think while I was reading it, how does Jesus know he can trust this Kal guy?

I think shit will quickly get real in 110.

10. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I knew something hasn't been right with preparations for the fight. Never thought that Kal would be the one. Dammit!

Lol, I hope that Jesus will catch him like Rick did with Martinez.

11. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

Haha!

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

great issue. I really enjoyed finally seeing more of The Hilltop. I see some great potential new characters.

13. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

My bet is Rick.

14. Walker Bait

Wouldn't surprise me if Kirkman decides to kill Rick for the tenth anniversary.

15. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I kind of think it was a bit odd that Kal was Asian. Anyone else find that strange

16. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I thought Kal was pretty cool =( DAMN IT.

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

200 people. bound to be one or two. i thought it was weird because of Glenn but then i realized we saw him before that anyway. One of the first times we saw hilltop.

18. Rick_Tatorship

Can Jesus chase him down? Also I'm really afraid for Rick's life.

19. Walker Bait

Sounds like Kal got way too big of a head start. Jesus had to leave almost immediately after Dwight to be able to track him back to the checkpoint.

20. Rick_Tatorship

Damnit.