Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 111 discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by MrSmith317, Jun 12, 2013.

1. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

i've been waiting

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Waiting for War and Peace?? Its a great book. After 1400 pages, of small font print, you feel like you've lost friends when you finish the last page. I wish Dostoyevsky would write War and Peace 2....lazy Dostoyevsky.

3. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

full again :) and no I want my Negan war :)

4. Oak

Oak Member

Wow, their plan seems to be taking off quite smoothly.

Too smoothly. Negan just freaking helped Rick by killing Spencer. Too smoothly. There is no way this plan can go off this smoothly, not in TWD. Something bad has to happen. It's inevitable. I can't believe this is going so smoothly. ;o

5. Scalper

Scalper Member

The bad thing happening is maybe Negan choosing to take over Rick's place. They got the pool table he like so much and running water, why would he leave.

6. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

I think Neegans going to find out somehow right before it happens. Maybe he catches Eugene making bullets while hanging in Rick's town. And, some of the fighters in the alliance will back down. It's one thing to think you're ready for war. It's another to actually be ready.

Oh, and I want Sophia to be the one who kills Neegan. It'd be out of nowhere, totally unexpected. He discovers Dwight's betrayal and is about to kill him, when suddenly Sophia comes out of nowhere and stabs him. Then they show the backflash of her sneaking out from the hilltop and following some of Neegans men back to base. Dwight gets Sophia safely out of there and back to the group, so they reluctantly allow him to join.

7. 4nomads

4nomads Member

First issue I have enjoyed in a long time. Negan is a great villain. I really don't care about the war. The entire storyline at the moment is repetitive and annoying. I can't wait for Jesus and Ezekiel to be gone.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I like Jesus, but Ezekiel is unrealistic. I want them to be on the road again....basic survival is more suspenseful.

9. RideTheSpiral

RideTheSpiral Member

I was pretty nervous for who he would kill but was pleasantly surprised when it was Spencer. I saw his little mutiny coming for a few issues. Dumb ass, If Rick hadn't come to Alexandria they would have all died during the huge herd attack. I can't believe he though complimenting Negan a little and then say "hey, lets kill this guy" was a good idea. I am also glad to see that Negans HUGE ego is blinding him to the possibility of Rick starting a war.

Great issue.

10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I don't think that's Negan's ego. I think he's a conflicted guy that won't hesitate to resort to violence. Pretty much like the rest of the TWD crew. Negan just has different motives. Notice how he non-condescendingly apologized to Olivia or made his henchman clean up the Spencer mess. Hell for all we know, Negan let Carl go out of the goodness of his heart. Negan has something good in him...twisted but good. He's basically Darth Vader (I guess that would make Lucille his lightsaber)

11. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

Yes, I totally agreed. There was panel is issue #100
    I imagine he wasn't a complete psycho his whole life, just a boisterous douchebag. Him and Lucille did what they had to do to survive or some shit, and his maniacal violence gave him this Machiavellian control over the Saviors. Why he's lightening up now, I have no idea.

In #109, when Rick asks him why he's being all nice all of a sudden, Negan says "I've got a lot to make up for"
    To get to where he is today, Him and the Saviors were obviously very brutal. Maybe now with the addition of Rick and Alexandria, he thinks he can finally relax.

Also think what he did to Spencer was some kind of strict Darwinian concept he has. Only the strong should survive. (That and he didn't him ****ing things up with Rick, as others have said before.)

12. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Wouldn't it be messed up if Negan were really becoming a "good" guy only to be destroyed by Rick & co?

13. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

I was thinking that! I bet in the aftermath of this war, he'll say something of the like. Either it'll be a long speech as he lay dying, or if the war goes south he'll say it right before he bashes someone's skull in again.

14. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

dying Negan : "I was just trying to keep my baby sister safe. Everyone else just kinda followed me *cough* .. They thought I was bad because I wore a leather jacket, so I just had to keep up the act. I never wanted to hurt anyone *crying* .. Now who will take care of little Suzie?"

15. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I'm not thinking THAT at all. Some parts sounds right though.

On a side note, how big do you think Negan is? It seems he towers over just about everyone.

16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I'm going to say between 6'1" and 6'5", probably a good 250-260 lbs. We never did see him stacked against Tyrese so lord only knows how big he actually is thought. We don't even know how big Rick is.

17. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

They all seem basically the same size to me (with the occasional Tyreese or Axel size differential once in awhile)

18. RideTheSpiral

RideTheSpiral Member

Those are valid points. However, I want to point out a few facts. Spencer wasn't exactly lying about Rick. Rick is my favorite character and have rarely disagreed with his methods/decisions but he can be a bit of a loose cannon. Negan has never met Spencer before so he has no reason to believe he was lying for his own personal gains. He completely overlooked Spencers thoughts on Rick and only focused on how Spencer didn't have the guts to do it himself. He has ignored the fact that Rick isn't afraid of Negan himself and that he clearly somehow knows where the saviors central fortress is(issue 107). Like he told Spencer; he thinks Rick hates him but is "swallowing that hatred to get shit done". Negan believes Rick is another Gregory. Vader is a good comparison but I would liken him more to the kings of classic literature. He thinks he is too great and powereful for any kind of rebellion or betrayal.

#78 RideTheSpiral, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Interesting that you bring up Spencer. I think Negan saw Spencer as a worm trying to slither into power. Negan knew that a worm wouldn't offer much resistance but also wouldn't hesitate to turn given the chance. So he did himself and Rick a favor by putting Spencer down. I mean why would you want a guy that runs to the enemy for a "favor" running a town like Alexandria? What's to say that if another Negan were to come along that the worm wouldn't take sides with them? Now Negan doesn't know Rick very well but he seems to think that Rick is swallowing his pride in order to keep his people safe but wouldn't hesitate to fight were it necessary. So Rick wouldn't necessarily side with another Negan like dictator, he would likely take up arms against them. Basically put, Negan needs Rick to be Rick. Without that edge, he's just another Gregory or Spencer and only useful for supplies. He'll soon see that he made the wrong choice though..there's no doubt in my mind about that.

And since I'm back in the 111 discussion mindset...Where the hell is Dwight? I want to know what ol' iron face is up to. We've seen Negan but why isn't Dwight stuck up his rear end getting information?

20. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

Maybe Dwight's dead! Negan might have thought he was up to some shit and Lucille had her way with him.

I hope he shows up in the next issue too. I hope SOMETHING happens. (Although Spencer getting gutted was great)