Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 112 discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by MrSmith317, Jul 10, 2013.

1. cedarbreed

cedarbreed Member

This was an awesome issue with intense hold-your-breath-style action! Now, about what's coming next, I don't think any of the main 4 characters left are going to be killed by Negan yet because of the upcoming All Out War arc.

Like I said in the other thread, the guys who were running after Negan's truck with Rick may be dead meat though (Heath, Holly and Nicholas (?)) I can see Negan and his men execute them and possibly Denise and Paula would freak out and get killed too... or abducted for sexual exploitation purposes.
    Negan needs Rick to lead ASF in order to get his goods so he's not going to execute him yet but he can definitely spare some of the other Alexandrians.

On a different note, if I remember well, the cover of 113 is Andrea being stuck at the top of the bell tower with a threatening army at its bottom... looks like the Saviors could be trying to kidnap her to make her a new addition to Negan's harem.

2. kylehyde

kylehyde Member

We had a pretty good discussion about Rick and co. not planning an ambush whenever Negan is doing his rounds, guess this partly answers that huh.
    Anyway, i do think Negan will keep Carl in custody once again. Negan knows that the only thing way the he can keep Rick on a leash is to target the one that is dearest to him, he is unaware that Rick and Andrea has a relationship so he's definitely going for Carl.

And also, I guess at this point I can definitely say that Negan > Governor.

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I think Carl and Andrea could lead the group after Rick's death in non-wartime, but I don't think either could handle this war without Rick.

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

If he takes anyone he's taking Andrea...that's just his M.O.

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree..

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

As a wife and threatens to kill her if they attack.

7. MantisTaboganMD

Holy shit balls, what an issue. There was a lot of build up to this but the pay off way definitely worth it. Am I the only one who had to double check to make sure that Rick's thumb didn't get shot off? He'd be pretty useless at that point unless Jesus taught him some of his ninja skillz.

8. dietcrack

dietcrack Member

I doubt Negan will force Andrea or anyone to become his wife, because Negan is against sexual violence, as he says so in this comic. He loves killing people but I believe he has never raped anyone. All of his wives are willingly with him, he gives them the choice and if they agree to become a wife they get extra luxuries etc.

Negan is funny and he's pretty smart but I am beginning to suspect his whole reason for being a villain leader is caused more by an obsession with controlling and managing people than simple brute survival tactics. He should have just sacked ASZ and killed Rick and everyone else ages ago, and especially in this issue. But he doesn't, because he wants them to see him as this sort of cruel but reasonable boss man, and be thankful to him and cooperate with him. He doesn't even need Rick or anyone in ASZ to gather supplies for him. He has like 60 goons with heavy guns, you're telling me he can't get his own people to scavenge a van full of supplies for him?? He must like these people's company or something because he seems desperate to have them cooperate with him despite them killing 2 of his men and trying to kill him too.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

That's true. Nobody did anything about Negan before Rick's group met Jesus.

10. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

Who said he was going to be violent about it? He'd manipulate her the same as the rest. Come with Negan or the people you love die type of thing. Probably one of the only ways Rick walks away from this alive. So it's very possible, though I don't think it goes that route personally.

11. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

I don't know how Rick gets out of this alive but I'm sure he does. There's never been a major character about to die used as a cliffhanger and that character actually dies. And with Rick it will definitely be something we won't see coming. That's why I thought it was about to happen this issue while I was reading it.

I knew Rick was getting himself in over his head with his impromptu attack on Negan. Then once Negan took control of the situation I thought he was done. But the fact that it didn't happen right then tells me Rick will still be around.

Negan loves to intimidate and be feared. Nothing would go farther for Negan to the people of ASZ than watching their leader become his b*tch after killing several of Ricks people (Heath and the other attackers) in front of him.

12. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Well, "Come be part of my harem or Rick and everyone else will die" is technically giving her a choice. And Negan does seem like the type to make such an offer.

13. filthyastronaut

Holy shit, under any reasonable definition or judgement, that is rape. If a rapist threatens your family unless you submit, oh sure, that's a choice. Totally. Because letting your family be executed is a viable option in that situation. Not only is that rape, but it's one of the most repugnant forms of it. It's downright sinisterly disgustingly ****ing awful. Yeah.

#33 filthyastronaut, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  14. Bjjandtwd

Bjjandtwd Member

We don't really know who is in negans back up group... Maybe Dwight (i think thats his name- the traitor guy) is in there??? Maybe he will help Rick get out, or maybe he contacted the other groups before negan went to ricks group....

15. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I'd tend to agree but that's basically what he's done with everyone else. Dwight included.

16. filthyastronaut

Not at all. With his harem, those women are given a choice between working towards their settlement in order to have shelter and food and stuff, and becoming one of Negan's wives. We don't know how awful and dehumanizing the work is, and it very well could be. So it's still horrible. There is, however, a massive difference between threatening the lives of everyone in someone's family if they don't become your personal sex slave, and that. One (and it should be obvious) is far worse. He uses the "or I'll kill everyone" tactic with all the settlements, but he's not demanding their sexual submission. Point is, forcing Andrea to become his wife or he'll kill everyone one is sexual violence, and is extremely revolting. If Negan is true to his word, he'd be against that.

17. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

So my biggest question is where's Dwight?

He had to know Negan wasn't traveling light so is he still on Negan's side and pretending to be cool with Rick? Or did Rick already know about the guns and the size of the group Negan gets the supplies with?

Rick might be ****ed right now or just setting the stage for something.

I would be surprised if he took Andrea to be one of his wives. He specifically said he hates sexually violence and while how he gets his wives isn't the most romantic way it is still their choice to be there but I'm open to whatever happens :)

18. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. Dwight's absence is certainly noted. And the gun thing is a really good point. Since Dwight is on their side maybe he told Rick about the guns and this is just further setup.

19. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

It will be cool to see where this goes. I don't think Rick is done just yet but who knows :)

20. Beaugard Stevens

I don't know, something seems off. Everyone's job there should have been to kill Negan, nothing and no one else should have mattered. Kill him no matter what, then handle the others. Once you take out the leadership, sometimes these things fall apart on their own.