Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 113 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 19: March To War' started by MrSmith317, Aug 14, 2013.

1. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Dont forget Rick...

You and Me,
    Were survivors...
    We Dont die.

WE
    DONT
    DIE.

2. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's OK, mate.

3. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

Great issue. I think there is lots of foreshadowing in the issue that's more important than the content of the issue. What is going to happen vs what you thought was going to happen.

The empty outpost implies that Negan's forces might not be as large as the groups first thought. Rick's lies to keep his secret may have strained some of his relationships with others, Michonne for example. Andrea losing the rifle implies that the sniper advantage they once had is now gone. Negan losing Lucille is going to affect his personality, potentially causing him to make a costly mistake. The issue also points to Rick, Carl and Andrea becoming "closer" as a family unit. Doing whatever is necessary to keep each other alive. Regardless of the cost to others. There will be deaths in the next issue, and I suspect traitors from Rick's group...

4. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

if Negan ends up getting shot, instead of beaten to death by Lucille...I'm gonna be really pissed off!

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Tourrettes could actually be true lol. Not much bond villain in Negan imo.
    I really don't see how this was filler. Especially compared to other issues. The lucille business, Him wanting Carl, Andrea's beating and not being able to snipe, finding the empty outpost, and learning more about Negan himself.
    Plenty of time for that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agramer

So you're trying to say that you want Negan getting killed by his own, how he says, b*tch? Whoa, that'll be hard.

7. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Yeah I think that would be sweet revenge.....seeing Negan all tied up and then Rick hands Lucille to Maggie

Sweet sweet revenge!

8. Agramer

It'd be sweet if Rick would kill him with his personal gun... saying: "See that? *Negan looking at Rick's gun* She's my b*tch! And sometimes when I was alone I rubbed her all over my d*ck... Well, that means we have something in common. Awesome!"

9. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

OH MY GOD I love that idea.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No, I think soon, in the middle of the night while Negan is snoring, Lucille will realize that she can't live this corrupt life any longer, and she will put arsenic in Negan's bedside Alka Seltzer tablets. Then she will run off with a rogue tennis racquet, and they will have their own spin off, a comedy about a hotheaded tennis player who tries his hand at pro baseball.

11. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I always figured she would get suicidal with guilt over all the deaths and lay down on a buzz saw blade.

12. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

Negan can't get lame. Let's get that out of the way.

Seriously though, I see what you're saying. This issue didn't move the story along toooooo much. It did show however, that Negan wants Carl to die, for shooting Negan's inanimate piece of sanity. (Think how you see Two-Face react when he loses his coin or something) It also shows that Negan still has no intention of killing Rick, but rather punish those around him, break him. I thought last issue Rick could very well die in this issue.

Also shows that Andrea will not be a sniper for a few issues. Not a huge deal, but it's something.

All and all, I liked it!

13. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

I think we are missing the point of this issue.

Why was the outpost empty?
    Is Dwight a double spy, like the kid in enemy at the gates (that ww2 sniper movie with Jude Law)..

14. Neuropyramidal

I think because all those men are at Alexandria, making life tough for Rick. That's why Jesus seemed so concerned that it was empty..

15. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

Why would he abandon an outpost when he has 50+ men in his home base?

16. Neuropyramidal

Well, I think that was the whole point of the speech he made in issue 112, that it was hard to get enough men together to come visit Alexandria, and it took planning. He'd probably take men away from an outpost before he took a lot of men away from the home base.

17. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

18. Theresa Neal

Theresa Neal New Member

I too thought this was a pretty revealing issue for Negan's character, although I still don't care for him. A lot of his actions seem to be violent for the sake of violence. He seems to be a little more level-headed than some of the other antagonists, so we will have to see what happens. I was kind of happy in the sence that this comic made it seem like his arch was winding down (finally) but it seems it is just beginning.