Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue #125

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by Dead, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Dead

Dead Member

Short summary from the wiki:

Negan and Dwight are talking about their victory, but a Savior informs them Carson has escaped with Eugene. Negan tells him not to worry about it, and they will be back for them.

Nicholas dies to his wounds, and Paula informs their son about it. Carl tries to comfort Mikey. Rick gathers a group to cover him while he goes talking to Negan.

Negan arrives to Hilltop's gates, and asks for Rick. He is surprised to see him alive, and looks at Dwight. Rick tells him not to look at him, and to look at Rick. Rick asks Negan why he is fighting his people, and Negan responds he is trying to save lives. Rick tells him he must be the stupidest person alive, and tells him to cooperate with Rick's people, and to make supplies. Negan slowly starts to believe his actions have been wrong all along and agrees with Rick.

Rick then slashes Negan's throat with an infected knife, responding, "Good."

Panel:

2. Dead

Dead Member

This has to be a late April Fools day joke. Lame.

#2 Dead, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  3. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Isn't this issue going to be expanded in size?

4. Dead

Dead Member

No, 22 pages.

5. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

You were right when you said incredibly lame; this can't possibly be it...can it??

6. lucille2

lucille2 Member

Damn im ready to read the issue now!!!!!! I hope it doesn't have a crummy ending to the whole AOW.

7. SignoftheHammer

SignoftheHammer New Member

Really enjoyed this issue. I am absolutely itching for the next one after that ending!

8. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Me too. I'm just wondering why Dwight didn't kill Negan a long time ago.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think he's had plenty of opportunities to kill him but none that didn't involve being instantly killed. It's been established that he is watched at night and he is rarely with Dwight alone. The only time he has been was the battle and he could still easily be seen. Negan is watchful and would stop him if he lunged with a knife and he cant covertly crossbow him. He's the only one with a bow so it's a red flag and a loud gun is dumb. Dwight wants him and sherry alive most importantly.

10. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Now that you've actually read the issue(I'm assuming you have), has your opinion on it changed? I could see why this seemed like a lame issue, but in context and especially not knowing how it ends, I think it's a really good cliffhanger.

11. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Well, yeah, if you're only thinking in terms of what we as readers get to see, then you're right. But Kirkman could've written this story any way he wanted. Just seems like a way they could've gone. But it's a small complaint. In fact, it's not even a complaint. I just recall thinking all the time "Dwight should kill him".

Anyway, what do you all think about that last panel? I think it could've been a little more graphic and conclusive. I had to look at it a few times to make sure Rick actually cut Negan and there's absolutely no way next issue starts with a "you missed me" kinda moment. It just doesn't seem like Negan to let Rick get that close. He didn't get where he is by being that stupid. I'd say as a whole this character has been written very inconsistently.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think it killed him. Well to be more accurate I think an infection may kill him but not the wound. Negan is very difficult to predict and even his own men rarely know what to expect so there is no telling. He seems to be almost bipolar. He's very smart and reasonable much of the time but he becomes extremely violent when angered. If Negan really was genuine then he would't have done anything and if he wasn't then he most likely just planned to attack Rick or never expected Rick to break the truce. It's a big evolution for Rick here.

13. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

It might go down for me as one of my favorite moments in the series besides TAINTED MEAT! It was just such a release and victory, I almost knocked my chair over lol. But the thig I've been thinking about is how ever since Negan needed the frame, I feel like this whole conflict has just been one big story, and with all of these threads and subplots. And that moment when Rick slashed his throat- pretty much summed up the main message of who these characters are and what they stand for, even through all the loss, death, fighting, and yeah, the zombies, though they've by much taken a back seat, to the story's benefit.

14. HeadBussa21

HeadBussa21 Member

Go go f*cking Rick! That was pretty funny seeing Negan have this Mr. Grinch change of heart kinda moment, then it's like "Psyche muthaf*cka!"

15. lurkermatt

lurkermatt Member

when Rick was talking about them having a common enemy I think he was referring to negans people and Ricks people having negan as the enemy and not walkers. Because now they can merge all the groups and establish a larger safe zone. Till the next threat arrives

16. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be a bummer if after this arc, there is no more evil among the living? Word spreads of what happened here, and whispers of a similar story from somewhere in Georgia, and everyone left realizes that it may not be a good idea to prey on other survivors in this world lest you become the next cautionary example. The rest of the series (Out to issue 300, let's say) is just living day to day in the ZA, long gone are people like Negan and The Governor, now it is just the living and the dead (And the dead are no longer an issue) It will be like this episode of Itchy and Scratchy

[video=youtube;oLW2cxsj8Vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLW2cxsj8Vw[/video]

17. Inwethegreat

Inwethegreat New Member

When I read it I wasn't sure if Negan was actually having a change of heart or if he was about to yell "psych!" and stab Rick... Even though Negan is a huge evil asshole he seemed to keep his word most of the time? (What with not hurting Carl) But either way Rick definitely did not trust him and I wouldn't either. The wound does not look fatal though so I'm worried that all hell will break loose in the next issue. Unless the knife was covered in infected blood/flesh? But it didn't look that way. Wishful thinking... :(
    Either way the next issue can't come soon enough!

18. Shooter

Shooter Member

Really was worried Negan would kill Rick. Theway he hugged Andrea and Carl was similar to the way he hugged Lori and Carl during the prison attack moments before her death.

19. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

I woke up today with the thoughts that the new Walking Dead comic would come out today...

Damn the wait... Just one more week to go! :)