Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 134 Cover

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by legendx66, Aug 14, 2014.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Tagline is From Whispers to Screams. [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=3116]rabscuttle1[/MENTION]

It looks like people is more likely now. He is clearly favoring an injured shoulder.

2. Sco

Sco Member

typo? what does this mean? lol

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Jesus can heal him!

Perhaps some psychotic person losing touch with reality, walking with the walkers? Maybe he was talking to himself out loud in 130.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It wasn't a typo. Have you read the last issue?

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

THE WALKING DEAD #134
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    NOVEMBER 12
    32 PAGES/BW/ M
    $2.99
    From whispers to screams.

7. Sco

Sco Member

I absolutely have read the last issue, I posted in the discussion thread thank you very much. Not starting a fight here; your post typed: "It looks like people is more likely now. He is clearly favoring an injured shoulder."

Should it be? "It looks people are more likely now. He is clearly favoring an injured soldier." I'm asking what this means...

8. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Man, I don't know. Call me crazy, but this cover, and the cover seems to me, to be the exact thing Kirkman was hinting at in the SDCC comic panel this year. When he spoke of the "strangeness" to come; and how they will be discovering "a zombie who responds to pain, which is strange because they never have...and I'll leave that right there."

It seems like, in this cover, Jesus was doing what he does best, slaying scores of the undead. When, all of the sudden, as he slashes at a corpse, it lets out a scream, a blood curdling scream, and falls to the ground, gripping it's wounded arm in agony. Which explains the look of utter shock and disbelief on Jesus's face. From whispers to screams; first there was Marcos paranoid ramblings of the talking dead; and now Jesus's first hand encounter with a screamer; a zombie who responds to pain.

I think this just might support my theory of the feral-zombie-pretenders I was talking about.These types of people, who were completely crushed by the events of the outbreak and really slipped there tether. They decided to take up a life amongst the dead to survive, motivated by whatever psychotic, traumatized reasons, and eventually regress to a primal, feral state of existence, even going so far as feeding on human flesh. This has been done in other books, and it's really freaking creepy, and not that far-fetched at all.
    [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION]

9. Neuropyramidal

I would accept that. Or even just one of them, not necessarily a whole subculture of these folks. That would be a good Kirkman troll. Start with the 'whispering' in last episode, which could be this pretender talking to himself, and then move to a walker screaming and holding his arm [which would be another issue cliffhanger, of course], and then by issue 135 we realize its just old Homeless Salsbury, who snapped after they stopped giving out stale bread at TGIFriday's.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

that's fakken creepy. It's another example of the absolute insanity that an event like the ZA would create. I like it. Definitely better than Walkers suddenly evolving into Talkers.

11. jwcoombs

Yes!

We find common ground!!! Finally!!! Lol :p

12. Neuropyramidal

Because you finally abandoned your genius walker fantasy! :p

And when they wash his make up off, he's like

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

13. jwcoombs

LOL, it's too bad Shiva's dead. So you could say-"if it wasn't for you meddling kids, and your stupid tiger!" :p

But, if it does wind up being a walker-wannabe, and they decide to take old crazy, cantankerous Otis Calhoun into the fold to attempt some rehabilitation, that should make for some pretty interesting, and damn funny sub plots.

Example--

"Who's that stinky fellar over there eating a dead cat carcass?"

"Oh that's just good ole' Otis, we found him a few months back wandering with a herd of stinkers. He's harmless, just don't put anything you value too close to his mouth, you follow me?"

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Wait... Axel is still alive???

15. jwcoombs

LOL, I like to work in a discreet homage every now and then. :p

And who didn't love Axel and his relentless catch-phrase, you follow me? LOL

16. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I think that the feral-zombie plot is likely, and interesting!

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Looks like a new breed of Hunter will be emerging, one that steers hordes of the undead as opposed to stalking from the shadows. Looks as if someone took the cammo idea a step too far, and lost themselves. I could have seen the same thing happen to Rick or Glenn after they did it in Atlanta, or even Michonne could have become someone like this had she not returned to a community.

The Creepy aspect comes from the fact that there is probably more than one of these folks wandering among the undead. A community in and of itself, that took this seldom used idea and used it for their key mode of survival.

Lets capture one and put him in a cell with Negan! That could be fun to watch.

18. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

Maybe Jesus just realized he just killed one of his long lost disciples? I am completely against the "special" zombies in the walking dead. What always make it unique is that they were all the same basically. No tanks, smokers or hunter types. I feel like it is too late for all that. I'd be fine with a hurricane doing some damage or something along those lines to cause some turmoil but please leave the special zombies to Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil types. Might as well make a mother brain zombie that has been controlling all the walkers this whole time.

19. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

The walkers are all in like orange getups almost made me think the walker holding its shoulder was Lori :zombies_lol:

20. jwcoombs

Well, you know, technically; zombie -Lori and zombie-Judith are out there, somewhere. Neither of their brains were destroyed; it was only one shotgun shell that ended them both. Judith was crushed under Lori, and she took some of the buckshot, but I'm sure her brain was intact. Also, in the Governor novels, we learn the fate of Lily and the survivors of the Woodbury militia, and learn that nobody put down Lori or Judith. So they're out there, most likely still shambling around the prison.
    [​IMG]