Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 135 preview

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by HondaS2kXD, Dec 5, 2014.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

#1 HondaS2kXD, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. HondaS2kXD

[MENTION=25512]jwcoombs[/MENTION] [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] [MENTION=25242]Z-Man[/MENTION] [MENTION=26751]TheWalkingHorn[/MENTION]

3. HondaS2kXD

My first impressions:

In the first panel, Carl looks scared shitless as he's just grasped the gravity of the situation as the words escaped his mouth at the end of the last issue. Maggie doesn't seem to be taking it very well, either.

Panel 2 has what looks like Carl and Maggie in a hospital/morgue. Doesn't look like he's hooked up to anything so i think we have our answer as to whether or not they're dead.

edit: [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] pointed out it looks like that might be Sophia. Ignore what I said. That's probably her and she's probably fine.

And in the final panel we see Jesus playing the role of Shaggy, removing the mask from a fake monster. And he would've gotten away with it, too. If it wasn't for you meddling kids.

#3 HondaS2kXD, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

At first I thought that was the bully with the longer hair on the gurney in the second panel, and I was going to say that's good news for Carl if he survives. But on a second look, and by the way Maggie and Carl are gathered around with heads bowed, I'm wondering if that's Sophia?

5. HondaS2kXD

Yeah, I thought the same thing at first. But I went back and checked, and the second bully had a t-shirt on. Whoever's on the bed has a sleeveless shirt. I think it's Sophia.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. It's really hard to tell, because she dresses like a tomboy. In the last issue, she was wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt and a pair of slightly baggy jeans. Her face was pretty messed up, so though she'll be okay she might have a broken nose.

[​IMG]

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That's definitely Sophia. If it was a bully then his parents would be there beating the crap out of Carl. :p.

when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it said "issue 135 REVIEW". I was like, oh, shit did I totally forget about the new issue this week????

8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Not if the parents haven't been informed yet, and the panel shows Maggie and Carl plotting where to dump the body. :p

9. HondaS2kXD

To quote the governor, "well, stranger... We're feeding them strangers..."

10. Neuropyramidal

And whose the guy with the smock? Is that an unrecognizable Harlan Carson? Or maybe his assistant.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

No idea. Who was the doctor who tended to crazy Marco? Is this the same guy?

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Looks good. I'm looking forward to the Jesus panels, really want to know more about these Whisperers.

13. Neuropyramidal

It was Harlan Carson. But this guy looks different. And Harlon doesn't usually wear a smock.

14. Sco

Sco Member

My man Jesus!

15. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Looks good , thanks for posting.

16. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

*Sigh* ... picked last in gym class.

lol that made me laugh. I just assumed it was Sophia.

Carl does look like things are just settling and he's starting to realize the severity of what he did. I just hope there's not someone in the Hilltop that's looking for a reason to get rid of the Grimes family or at least cut ties with them.

17. HondaS2kXD

*sigh* ... This happens to me every time I steal somebody else's mention bomb. This time I won't mention who.
    Oh, there will be. I think it was deliberate that just before his fight scene in 134, they showed dickhead Gregory having that argument with Maggie. I think if she hesitates to punish him (which is a near-certainty) he will use it as a platform to claim she's not fit to be their leader.

18. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Good point. What a different world Carl has had to grow up in.

19. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It could wind up like "Jericho" when they held an election after the whole world went to hell. Really, I think that they should hold elections in order to cement any leadership claims. They have a large enough pool of voters to do it with now, it would show a huge degree of goodwill towards the communities to let them decide who they want to lead them now. It is time to try, at least, since we are attempting to lure society back into play here.

20. Airborne

Airborne Member

Looks good, can't wait for it. Wanna see what happens to Koral