Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 135 preview

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by HondaS2kXD, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Jesus, asking the questions!

I do think that's Sophia on the bed-thing.

Woot, a medium of Walking Dead where Carl isn't completely sidelined! Interested to see how everyone reacts to what he did, how severe will the punishment be?

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I recall Carson having an assistant in one the recent issues. I think that one was female but he might have two.

3. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I saw the preview; but for some reason the site was down when I tried to log on and post about it for the past two days. Weird.

Anyway, Carl does look pretty shook. Now that his adrenaline dump in over and the shock has subsided, and the tunnel vision gone, he's realizing exactly what happened and he's terrified. Maybe, at this exact point, not so much about the consequence, but just at the fact that he just murdered two of his peers. I think Carl's really going to struggle with this; regardless of the consequences, because's he's always struggled with the inner conflict of good and bad, right and wrong, integrity and honor and all those things. Even if they acquit him, he'll find himself guilty.

Also, the look on Maggie's face looks a lot similar to the look on Cohan's face during the Hunters execution scene in "Four Walls and a Roof". She is, once again, completely terrified, and in awe of the capabilities of the Grimes brutality. She's seen this before, and she's knows it's going to get worse before it gets better. But I don't think she'll turn her back on Carl, especially because he fought to defend Sophia, had he not been there who knows how she would have fared. But, that worries me about Maggie's fragile claim as leader of the Hilltop. If she unquestionably supports Carl, and the people don't agree; that will be all Gregory needs to wrest power from Maggie.

In the second panel; it's clearly Doc Carson's facilities at the Hilltop. Which might I say are some pretty impressive digs. Especially if this is just the OR, and there's actually more to the infirmary. But, what isn't so clear is who lies on the table. At first, I though it was the long-haired bully. Which made me think of the possible plot of--Carl beats two boys to death; but one is still breathing. Not necessarily in the interest of the bully's life, but more in the interest of Carl's fate; they rush the boy, inches from death to the infirmary. Hoping that if they can save this boy's life, if will lessen the blow of Carl's punishment.

But, while I was discussing it over on TWD website; someone mentioned that it may be Sophia. Which instantly made more sense. Although the other theory makes perfect sense as well; if that were the case, Carl and Maggie wouldn't be fawning over the patient like that. They'd be standing of to the side arms folded, expressions grim. But their body language, closeness to the patient, and apparent fixation, speaks of love, compassion, and great worry. So, it's go to be Sophia. She was pretty banged up in the final panel of #134. I don't know where the hell Carl had to go to get that shovel, but it took him long enough for Sophia to sustain quite a beating. She was definitely going to need some medical attention.

The Jesus panel is cool; just because it's furthering the mysterious Whisperer's arc; and we're all dying to know just exactly what the hell their story is. But, the Scooby-Doo-esque manner in which he dangles the monster's mask in from of his now-revealed face; coupled with the campy comment of-"What the hell is up with this?", is kind of lame. I hope this isn't indicative of how the entire interrogation is going to go. Jesus should just stick to violence and not talk so much. He's always saying goofy sh*t; maybe he was some kind of hipster, or eccentric, or extrovert before the Turn?

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yup. Looks like the wonkiness has returned.

Not a whole lot to go on, but I mostly agree. He hasn't had to access that side of himself in such a long time, so he's somewhat shocked to see it again after all this time. I don't know if "guilty" is the right word. Even in that panel, we see him justifying it-- they attacked them and he acted in defense. That being said, he will definitely struggle with how far he went. Regret is probably the best word.

Agreed in all areas. Maggie is shocked at what happened, but will likely understand in the end. And this will lead to a power struggle and the people doubting her capability as leader.

Agreed. Sophia will be out of commission for some time, but be alright in the end. I think in the end, her "testimony" will have the most impact on Carl's fate. I think she understands carl did it to protect them both. However, she seemed more than a little shocked by how far he went. Unlike us and unlike Carl himself, Sophia isn't very familiar with the Grimes fury. I think she'll stand by him. But y'never know.

Meh. I don't think it's all that bad. I think it's probably one of the first panels of the interrogation. He'll get to "how do you operate," "what weapons do you have," and "what the f*cking f*ck?!" soon enough.

5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] what are we going to do tomorrow night? Maybe [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] will come up with some other game for us to play. *fingers crossed*

6. HondaS2kXD

I think "what the hell do we have here" would actually make a good game for the games section of the forum. Just, every time somebody wins they can pick an episode and let us know so we can narrow it down a little bit.

7. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Good thinking, good thinking. So tomorrow maybe we can start that up!

8. TROR

TROR Member

Let's take a look at all the people saying there will be a power struggle: a lot of people
    Let's take a look at all the people saying there will be something else: very little
    What does this mean? There won't be a power struggle.

9. jwcoombs

Pretty sure it's Doc Carson.

I'll tell you what though, I need to see more of the Brothers Carson. For some reason those two intrigue the hell out of me. I really believe the Brothers Carson are the key to unlocking Negan's back-story.

10. jwcoombs

Hm. It looks suspiciously like one of mine. The pattern of the names if familiar; with the exception of the first one. Because mine usually start with your name, but of course you're not going to tag yourself in a mention bomb. LOL

One of these days I'm going to make relatively all-inclusive mention bomb; guaranteed to make everyone(who matters) feel accepted. I think I got pretty close with the mention bomb in the Hiatus Thread. :p

11. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

Will Maggie be mad at Carl for what he did to those boys?
    Will we find out if that is Sophia on the Bed?
    Is Jesus going to secretly be jealous of the "whisperers" and try on the mask himself?

Tune in next week to find out on DragonBall Z!!!

I mean walking dead.

12. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

Will Maggie be super pissed at Carl?
    Will we find out if that is Sophia on the bed?
    Is Jesus going to be secretly jealous of the "whisperers" masks and try it on himself?

Tune in next week to find out on DragonBall Z!!!!

13. HondaS2kXD

Wait, what? I thought he was openly jealous and it was implied he tried it on but not actually shown.