Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 143 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by ltomlinson31, Jun 24, 2015.

1. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Issue 143 - A Union

Batmanshooker and138 HondaS2kXD jwcoombs Neuropyramidal Tony Davis TheWalkingHorn
    Gaycandybacon @RoadWarrior @Jag @Walkers_TWD @kennyisalive94 @Z-Man @Sco @TheILLness @halcyon @shanewalking @WatWD scardandprofne @legendx66 @TGO @lewh

Alright, great issue. For those that haven't read it yet, I'll post just one panel (without giving away what happens in this post). It's pretty interesting.

Edit: fo;jidksa;mfioadsjidosjfd I can't get everyone in the bomb. I tried like five times (I just love you guys that much. Your welcome). F*ck mentions.

#1 ltomlinson31, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

#2 HondaS2kXD, Jun 24, 2015
  3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

4. ltomlinson31

Ok, I'll stop complaining about the mentions and start talking about a few things in the Issue. There are a few specific things:

#4 ltomlinson31, Jun 24, 2015
  5. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That is some scary effin shit

6. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

This issue gave me clarity on a few thangs.

1. Carl is gonna become Darth Vader
    2. Alpha is The Emperor (Death Carol is being built as we speak)
    3. Rick is Obi Wan Kenobi
    and whenever Derle shows up in the comics He's chewy.

And according to @BatmansHooker Michonne is Qui-Gon Jinn

#6 Gaycandybacon, Jun 24, 2015
  7. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Dat herd doe, dat herd like big like dur dur duurr biiiiig herd!

8. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Kirkman calls it da Horde.

9. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Damn, I knew it! I knew they were keeping herd of walkers stored for use. My original speculation was that they were keeping them on barges anchored off shore for safety and easy coastal transport(but that was before we were formally introduced to the community of Oceanside). I called it though; I knew they weren't just joining random herd out in the wild. They are much more organized in the use of this ultimate, limitless, apocalyptic weapon, (or should I say army) than people realized.

It's chilling when you think about it. An army, even the most ferocious and formidable of armies history has ever seen has weaknesses. The largest being the fact that every army runs on bullets and bread(or bullets and beans, if you fancy). That's why one of the most effective war-time tactics/strategies is to cut an opposing forces supply lines; especially when that opposing force greatly outnumbers your own. If gives you a competitive edge which can provide opportunity for victory. Your enemy begins to starve, dehydrate, weaken, their weapons run dry, become ineffective, they run out of ordnance and artillery, their vehicles and other materielle become useless hunks of steel as the last few drops of fuel are consumed, the medical supplies are quickly depleted and any injured troops soon become infected, septic, lost causes.---What I'm getting at here is the fact that Alpha possesses an army which requires none of the traditional resources, and is immune to all of the traditional tactics. You cannot starve this army(you are it's food source and it will come to you), cut it's supply lines, destroy it's weapons--you can't wound one soldier and thereby remove four from the battlefield(they don't care about their brethren), you can't destroy medical facilities and watch their numbers dwindle as the minor wounds become severe and the hopeful become lost causes. On top of all that, the most horrifying little detail is the fact that each casualty they inflict on any opposing force only bolsters their numbers. Adding one more dead-alive prick to their already limitless force.

Alpha doesn't even have to participate, she doesn't even need to be present for battle. She doesn't need to risk the life of a single Whisperer, or use a single grain of salt, a single bandage, a single bullet, blade, or can of beans. She doesn't need to use a single ounce of her own resources, all she needs to do is sit back and watch the complete and utter annihilation of anything that stands in the path of her army of death.

If that doesn't make you shudder to think of things to come; I don't know what will.

Moving on; I'm really uneasy about Alpha's bloody machete. That's two very ominous, blood-soaked blades we've seen during this arc. The first(although not "technically") being Michonne's blood-drenched katana on the cover of issue #145 coupled with the tagline--"Blood For Blood"; and now Alpha's dripping machete coupled with the equally ominous dialogue of--"I ran into some trouble on the road. It was unavoidable". Now, seeing as how a contingent was left behind to guard Michonne, Andrea, and Dante; and it was made very clear to them that they were not in a strong position to pick a fight I don't think they would have been foolish enough to start any ruckus. Especially with Rick and Carl's safety still in the balance. That being said; Alpha would have been on her way back from the ASZ Fair. She most likely would have been taking the same route as Rick's posse, and would have been completely unaware of their visit. When she arrived back at Whisperer camp, she seemed very upset and irked by the fact that Rick has come for his son--"You should not have come here". I'm worried that she possibly came upon the remainder of Rick's posse being held captive by the Whisperer contingent, and was enraged by the fact that they had set out on this rescue mission to invade Whisperer territory, infiltrate their camp and take their captive(she would not have known Rick had intentions of diplomacy and hoped for peaceful negotiation; and most likely doesn't think people are capable of such behavior anymore). She undoubtedly had word with Michonne and Andrea, and being the oppressive, tyrannical, controlling type of leader she is--and type of opposing banter, backtalk, or disagreement would have made her livid. In her anger, she may have ordered the execution of the rest of Rick's posse, or possibly just one of them(the worst, or only offender in her opinion)--as nothing more than a sheer show of force and intimidation. That being said though; I'm hoping against hope that she just ran into some walkers on her way back from the fair. Seeing as how she was unable to wear her skin or bring it with her she would have had no option but to violently dispatch any threats encountered along the way.

As for the Rick/Carl encounter--I've been seeing that coming for a long time. Rick knows it but just doens't want to admit that this world has completely influenced his son; shaped and molded him. It's not that he failed in protecting him; it's just that "protecting his son from this world" was a naive, and borderline ignorant thought. It's a complete impossibility. This has been a long time in the making. Rick is still trying to baby him, nurture and protect him--Carl's his baby boy. But Carl is fast becoming a man. He needs to test himself, find out what he's truly made of--on his own. Rick understands that completely, but like any loving father is reluctant.

10. jwcoombs

I think we're in for some really cool, Governor/Woodbury redux type content in the issues to come. Should prove very interesting.

Also, with Maggie's comments of--"I'm the leader of Hilltop, I can't do whatever I want"-- and her worrisome willingness to keep things from Rick, and to continue to keep information from him, offering only half-truth and whole lies depending on his mood and the current state of things--I'm almost positive we're heading for a civil war like I've been speculating. I think we're still going to see some "Cold War" style espionage and what not in this arc. But it's all leading up to dissension and mutiny. Maggie's been sh*tting in some mighty high cotton lately, doing as she damn well pleases and taking no responsibility for her actions. I believe her actions, coupled with the Whisperer's is going to be what sparks the coming civil war. This is all but confirmed on the cover of issue #146--"A Breaking Point Reached".

Honestly, I've thought for a long time that Maggie is a little unstable--and not in the good, necessary way this world demands. She's a wildcard in a lot of aspects, and she's not entirely loyal or trustworthy. This isn't the first time she's opposed Rick or lied to him, or broke her loyalty to him. But I think this will definitely be the last time. She's punched Rick in the face one time too many. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Rick cull her out and have her executed. It's time for her to go in my opinion.

Also, as tensions rage, danger surrounds our heroes once again, new threats arise, new enemies made and alliances forged, and an impending civil war becomes a sobering reality. I think the unlikeliest of heroes may rise to the occasion and prove to be the key to victory--whatever "victory" may be in this convoluted conflict.

#10 jwcoombs, Jun 24, 2015
  11. jwcoombs

After reading #143 I think I may have been onto something with Zeke. Think about it. After Pete confirms that Michonne still love him; he takes off running, excited and elated. A boy in love rushing desperately to find the woman he loves and embrace her. When a man is in that state of mind; he'll stop at nothing to be with her. He won't simply sit around and wait for her to come back; the sense of urgency with something like that is palpable.

Next, think about who was talking to Earl Sutton literally seconds before Zeke showed up. That's right, it was Alpha. Also, it seemed that Alpha was on her way out of the fair, apparently having obtained the intel she came for after talking with Earl. Then, after a short conversation with Earl and then Pete, Zeke was also on his way out.

Now, we already know Earl had made a comment to Zeke about how that woman was strange and he didn't know her. Now, Zeke wasn't too worried at the moment as he was preoccupied with his passion. But, as he goes running out of the fair and gets on the road to go find Michonne and express his undying love for her he may notice that same peculiar woman who rubbed Earl the wrong way on the road as well. Except, she's all by herself, and heading in a direction that doesn't lead to any of the communities.

It could be he decides to ride up on her an question her; harmless enough--Zeke just wants to make sure everything's kosher. He approaches her with a friendly demeanor, stating he doesn't seem to recognize her and asks her name and what community she resides in. Alpha is spooked, and is worried about blowing her cover--especially since she is at a huge disadvantage being deep within enemy territory all by herself. So, she makes the split second decision to murder Zeke and double-time it back to the Whisperer Camp.

Somehow, whether on the way back from their encounter with the Whisperers on the road; or possibly after having to rescue Rick, Carl and Lydia in violent and explosive fashion--Michonne discovers Zeke's body in the middle of the road on the way back to ASZ(being eaten by a few walkers much like Abe's body was discovered).

This would explain the #145 cover with the bloody katana and "Blood for Blood" tagline. It would also make a lot of sense as far as the narrative goes. Think about it; it's tragic. Michonne has been punishing herself; not allowing herself happiness as she feels she doesn't deserve it. Zeke discovers she still loves him and rushes off to embrace her and express to her how much he loves her and that she does deserve everything she has. But, he never makes it. He's slain, for what to him appears to be no reason, in the midst of his passion filled, love-drunk joy. What was most likely the happiest day he'd experienced in some time.

This prompts Michonne to go on a rage-fueled rampage for vengeance.

12. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'll read on break and be back after :)

13. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

FML I haven't read it yet, but your reactions are intense!!!

14. HondaS2kXD

And Gregory is jar jar.

also, no. Carl's gonna be Han Solo-- he left at first, but will return in the nick of time.

15. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

I cannot wait until my lunch break

16. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Wow what Dante has said to Rick "Truth be told... i let you down before", made me realize he is the patrol man Rick pulled off the horse when he was first taking carl to the hilltop.
    man this tension build up is really making me worry. Alpha is a f*cked up lady lol.

17. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Im sweating woooo

18. HondaS2kXD

19. ltomlinson31

20. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

Oh man I still haven't read it but everyone's reactions are making me nuts!
    BTW has anyone seen this? OH man something big is going to happen!
    [​IMG]