Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 143 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by ltomlinson31, Jun 24, 2015.

1. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Sweet JEEEBUS

2. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Carl is risking everyone for some great booty. To be a kid again

3. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Looks like Zeke is going down in spectacular fashion. This is going to start a major war, I wonder if the whisperers can tear down the communities? Thats a big herd but I think its possible to fight and win but hiding behind the walls isnt going to cut it this time. Could a retreat be the most viable way to survive? Is Oceanside the future home of the group? That would be an interesting twist on the story, especially if Carl doesnt go with them!

4. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

CB radio is going on the boat for sure now

5. Sco

Sco Member

Damn it Carl!

Damn it Rick!

Damn it!!

6. boba772

boba772 Member

Ohh my god that was crazy! I want the next issue now! I hope Michonne survived... Andrea I don't care about all too much. Dante seems pretty cool. :)

I am really worried about Carl, he is my favourite character and I don't want him to die. xD He is awesome.

I do fear Ezekiel is going to die. :c And after I got my action figure of him too.... I guess action figures do not guarantee your safety. (Though I hope Carl and Michonne getting one this wave will mean they are safe for a while. xD ) I wonder if it may be Eugene or Rosita or Earl or someone though. I do think somebody has to die, as last time this scenario happened (with Negan teasing Rick about what he did to Carl) and everyone being fine, I can not see that michetti being a Walkers blood. Though I am curious if that is Michonne's weapon or Alphas or just someone else's... I assumed it was Michonne's the first time I read through.

Lastly, I will have to go back and check, but I do not believe Dante is the guy Rick pulled off the road for not keeping it clear before. That guy said he was from the Kingdom I believe, so it could not have been Dante. I wonder who it could have been. :eek:

7. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I don't see one from Alday. I'm panicking!!!!!

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

that's the penalty of piracy.

[​IMG]

Other people do it besides alday. Just search for it. Someone else may or may not have put one up. On this site:
    [video=youtube;4PDJcw9oJt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDJcw9oJt0[/video]

#28 HondaS2kXD, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Arrrrrrrrrr!

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Poor Ezekiel. I think he was the one who met Mama B* on the road. I also think that Alexandria will fall from all those walkers. I don't want to predict who I think will die, as my choices make me sad.

11. WatWD

WatWD Member

If only there was a dotcom site where you could VIEW COMICS. Although, they may also take a day or two.

12. WatWD

WatWD Member

Good issue!! It seemed to swap back and forth a little excessively.

Alpha "explaining" the situation was intense. A super-herd directed at any of the communities would probably wipe it off the face of the map.

I think Ezekiel is going to get it also but ... it almost seems that RK is leading you towards that conclusion so he can do something completely different.

Definitely not boring. RK said something at the end of Letter Hacks that made me think he was trolling on the issue released before the CC. It is about to bust wide open.

IMHO, I liked the mullet over the pony-tail.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Rosita had also walked away for unknown reasons... There is a lot of speculation to go around this month, but I fail to accept that no one was hurt by Alpha. There has been a lot of nothing going on this arc, and that is not good in the way that it is not good when there are no earthquakes in a long period of time. Something's gonna happen, just gotta make sure the house wont fall on your head.

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This issue makes me even less worried for Andrea. If she was going to die soon, they would be focusing on her, and she was barely featured at all. She's safe. For now. I, too, am worried about Ezekiel. I don't think he was the one who Alpha already cut, but he could die this arc. My gut feeling is that Alpha actually sliced someone totally random, probably someone heading to the fair from another community. It will either be a nobody, or it will be someone we know, and take us completely off guard. I feel like Rick's travelling party is just fine.

As for this gigantic horde, it seems a bit backwards to me. Keeping a horde of 1000+ walkers nearby your camp is a dubious idea, at best. But clueing your 'enemy' into the exact location of this horde, may be even more fool hearty. Were I Rick, seeing this horde would not scare me into cooperation. It would make me realize that the whisperers were a group that needed to be eliminated. Any kind of truce between us would now be gone in my mind. And considering that we've seen some of the whisperers take their corpse skins off in their down time, I might be planning a convenient moment to release the horde near the whisperer's camp.

All things considered, I'm increasingly questioning Alpha's decision making skills. First she choses herself as the ASZ spy [she is the only Whisperer that is recognizable to the enemy], and now she reveals the location of her secret weapon to Rick. Despite her aura of arrogance, this is not a tactically smart person.

#34 Neuropyramidal, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I feel about this issue. I mean, I liked it, but I'm not sure how I feel. I'm mostly anxious to find out what happens next, as we all are.

This was just really intense. Alpha's knife, that MASSIVE zombie horde.

I'm curious as to what happened at the fair. Obviously there's more to it. Alpha didn't just talk to Earl and leave. I wonder if she saw anything or discovered anything that maybe she didn't like. When she arrives back her camp and confronts Rick, she's very threatening. He's in her territory, sure, but she knows why. She knows Carl is his son and he wants him home. What need does she have to intimidate Rick unless something at Alexandria pissed her off?

And on that note, can I just point out that Rick's doing exactly what Alpha did not all that long ago. When Lydia was captured by Jesus and taken to The Hilltop, Alpha travelled there to ask for peace and offer a prisoner trade. Now Carl is with the Whisperer's and Rick has gone to them to ask Carl to come home. You'd think Alpha might be more understanding, considering she was in a similar situation not all that long ago and Maggie was kind enough to return Lydia to her with no problems.

Obviously the circumstances are a little different, as Carl went after the Whisperer's to "save" Lydia and has been pretty hostile towards them, but still, it makes me wonder if there's more to it.

16. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Alpha is a legit an alien, she teleports from place to place in an instant like it's nobodys business.

17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Wait, what? A wraparound variant cover? :zombies_shocked:

On one hand, that's very cool. On the other hand, uh oh, shit is going to go down next month.

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. Alpha must have had some purpose other than checking them out in general. I think she went there to do something specific or to find a specific piece of information, and that's why she went herself rather than sending someone else who would have blended in better.

19. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

Anyone notice that Dante isn't on that cover for "...", but Andrea and Michonne are?

It might mean something, but it might not. People are thinking Ezekiel was the one Alpha killed, which makes sense for 145's cover. But I think Dante might have been killed because wasn't he already captured by Alpha and the Whisperers once? Correct me if I'm wrong. I could see Alpha getting pissed and killing Dante for coming back and leading "the enemy" into her territory.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if she ran into Connie and Kelly. They made a point in the previous issue to demonstrate that those two were MIA, under the guise that they were off somewhere 'f*cking'. Perhaps they are really a bit rebellious against ASZ? Maybe they half believe Negan? Alpha may have run into them and learned about Negan, being held prisoner. Maybe even met him?